Server time: 2018-10-16, 21:50

Sign in to follow this  
Ami.Knight

To the trolls

*sighs*

I wish they'd stop calling us this.

Anywho, I agree. Taking shit out so it'll despawn is pretty chummy. Which none of us at the "bandit brigade" do.

I don't think shes aiming it at you, 

It's hard to tell now a days. But Ami.knight is right that it sucks. Wish there was more that could be done.

I know its not what you want to hear, But unfortunately thats always going to happen, with the community having such a large playerbase, your going to have people who choose to do this for that exact reason. Unless you want to spend hours camping your base to find whoever it was who was doing it, your going to have to just, bite your tounge, and rebuild. Or, find alternative methods to carry and use your items for trading. Not ideal, And not acceptable by any means, but its something that we have to deal with imo. I understand the frustration, but don't let it put you off.

Sadly these are EXACTLY the kind of players who put me off to this game and this community. Between the ones who do it, and the ones who cover for people who do it, It completely limits the kind of rp that can be had when people act like this. Any time a camp pops up, or a trading post, or a group who just wants to help people and have fun rp people like this show up and ruin it for everyone. 

Unless you have a group with 30 players who sit off on the edge of the map and don't interact with anyone outside their group your options are: Either you can play a civ who carries as little shit as possible, and get robbed. Or you can play a hoarder who's bag is always full and has the best guns, and get robbed. Or you can play a bandit dedicated to ruining everyone else's fun... and get robbed if anyone ever catches you alone.

Or stop making threads like this that whine about gear, wanna have a camp then be ready to guard it.

Congrats, you are part of the problem. Also you clearly don't read previous posts. I don't mind getting robbed, if I am initiated on I comply about 95% of the time even if it is just one guy doing it. Because it gives me the chance for some interesting rp. There is no rp to be had from this situation.

Congrats, you are part of the problem. Also you clearly don't read previous posts. I don't mind getting robbed, if I am initiated on I comply about 95% of the time even if it is just one guy doing it. Because it gives me the chance for some interesting rp. There is no rp to be had from this situation.

Whilst I agree there is no RP provided from camp griefing, pointing fingers at someone with a different opinion to yours isn't the answer.

Sadly these are EXACTLY the kind of players who put me off to this game and this community. Between the ones who do it, and the ones who cover for people who do it, It completely limits the kind of rp that can be had when people act like this. Any time a camp pops up, or a trading post, or a group who just wants to help people and have fun rp people like this show up and ruin it for everyone. 

Unless you have a group with 30 players who sit off on the edge of the map and don't interact with anyone outside their group your options are: Either you can play a civ who carries as little shit as possible, and get robbed. Or you can play a hoarder who's bag is always full and has the best guns, and get robbed. Or you can play a bandit dedicated to ruining everyone else's fun... and get robbed if anyone ever catches you alone.

Or stop making threads like this that whine about gear, wanna have a camp then be ready to guard it.

Where do I mention robberies? this is about camps and stashes that are hidden away with loot from what I've read if its tho a massive camp like the thing that outrun did and L.I.F.E that strive for nothing but RP then yes I understand a rant in that manner but this just ain't one them.

Guys and gals, Keep it nice pleasums.

Dont get mad about gear in DayZRP.

This.

Dont get mad about gear in DayZRP.

This.

Another one missing the point. You are basically saying to me, "don't get mad that you got robbed without rp, and lost more rp because of it."

Yeah it is shit that people do that but sadly there is no proof who did it.

Maybe it would be better to get 1-2 barrels and hide them at a good place. :)

I understand your anger. It always sucks to have something you have worked on ruined by some randoms. However, there is nothing that can be done rule wise except encouraging people to behave differently. I think people should be allowed to raid camps and take as much as they can carry, but leaving stuff out for it to respawn is unnecessary in my opinion. I guess the trading roleplay has its up and downs.

Another thread talking about how they don't care for gear, but the main topic surrounding the thread is gear..

Get over it. In my opinion, if your camps are that easily found perhaps it is your own fault.

Move it some where else

Get over it.

Get over it.

Thief.

Another thread talking about how they don't care for gear, but the main topic surrounding the thread is gear..

Get over it. In my opinion, if your camps are that easily found perhaps it is your own fault.

Move it some where else

It isn't a matter of how hard or easy the camp was to find. my camp went over a week before being discovered. The point is what happened WHEN it was discovered. and honestly if people like you just fire shots at the person who got looted, claiming that they are just upset about gear, then DONT BOTHER POSTING ON PEOPLE'S THREADS! Because all you are doing is being just what those guys in game are. A troll.

Get over it.

See above reply. And if you have nothing of your own to reply with then don't post at all.

Move it some where else

It isn't a matter of how hard or easy the camp was to find. my camp went over a week before being discovered. The point is what happened WHEN it was discovered. and honestly if people like you just fire shots at the person who got looted, claiming that they are just upset about gear, then DONT BOTHER POSTING ON PEOPLE'S THREADS! Because all you are doing is being just what those guys in game are. A troll.

Get over it.

See above reply. And if you have nothing of your own to reply with then don't post at all.

People are free to post whatever opinion they have when you post a thread like this in a public forum. You opened this can of worms and now your pretty much saying "Your wrong and stupid and a big doo doo head because your opinion on the matter is different from mine therefore wrong"

Please.

I get how being a trader can be a problem when your stashes get raided, but you aren't the only trader out there. I've been watching the Roamers do it successfully for over a year, and most of them have good little stashes hidden everywhere. It's difficult, but you'll be able to get set back up in a little bit. Just be smart with your stashes, and learn to be able to move on when something like this happens.

I'm a firm believer that whether it is on your back or in a stash, if you want to claim it you have to be able to defend it. I'm not a fan of greifing either, but it seems at this point they just wanted the tents more than you did.

You'll pick up the pieces and build it back up again.

Im not sure whether I got the point or not, but I think he is not mad about loosing gear in general.

He is mad about people, who leave stolen gear, which they cannot carry anymore, on the ground to despawn it. Such behavior does not have any RP-reason in my opinion, furthermore it destroys the trader´s RP. And to add on, leaving stuff on the ground to despawn it is based upon the knowledge, that the server will eventually erase it, which is could be considered kind of metagaming.

Did I get this right ?

Move it some where else

People are free to post whatever opinion they have when you post a thread like this in a public forum. You opened this can of worms and now your pretty much saying "Your wrong and stupid and a big doo doo head because your opinion on the matter is different from mine therefore wrong"

Please.

To correct you what I am saying is that Ignoring the topic being discussed and just attacking the poster means you should gtfo. I.E. Jimmy basically saying "stop crying all you care about is gear, if your camp can be found they should be able to grief it all they want."

And while I wouldn't think I need to say this in a "discussion" topic copying one phrase from someone else and just posting it, does not contribute at all to the topic being discussed and is no better than spamming the board. I.E Pado's post.

Im not sure whether I got the point or not, but I think he is not mad about loosing gear in general.

He is mad about people, who leave stolen gear, which they cannot carry anymore, on the ground to despawn it. Such behavior does not have any RP-reason in my opinion, furthermore it destroys the trader´s RP. And to add on, leaving stuff on the ground to despawn it is based upon the knowledge, that the server will eventually erase it, which is could be considered kind of metagaming.

Did I get this right ?

Nail on the head guy.

Come on guys give her a break, she's not angry about the gear she stated that, she's angry her stuff was despawned for no other reason than griefing.

Move it some where else

Get over it.

Sheesh.

The fact of the matter is there is a common theme as of late. People failing to realize that this server is not about gear, it's about the RP. I feel like a Mongoloid having to spell that out.  Take for instance all these people who call us gear whores because we rob them dry. We simply take essentials and leave the rest in a bush and move on.

On the flip side those calling us gear whores have 3+ tents full of garbage and what they fail to realize is that too many of these camps cause dysync. If anything, some caravan liberation could help the server sustainability and overall loot table cycle.

Tents and how much shit you can stuff in there shouldn't be a priority. If it is, then that's sad.

But if you would rather call me a troll for posting the obvious connection that brings all these threads together. What ever, sounds to me that you really don't have an argument and are just yelling hogwash into the moonlight.

Before the bandit brigade jumps in and starts trying to argue..

TLDR: If you destroy a camp just because you can, you can also go back to your pub server.

Its Banter Brigade, not bandit brigade...

Now, throwing stuff out is just as much roleplay as not. Look at this way...you know someone was there. But, Im a hero character now so I wouldnt rob you of your supplies. Personally i just take small pieces, that way I can keep coming back. Now, wouldnt it be perfectly good roleplay if whoever it is is another trader? Maybe they are trying to ruin you. Maybe they are bandits who want to watch the world burn and let you die. There are countless reasons and all of them perfectly acceptable to roleplay.

Listen, as someone that has actively had massive camps with an extreme amount of gear at them I understand these problems. These are things we cannot stop however and that will keep happening. Catching someone in the act with recording and pulse checking them will probably give you enough information in a report to make it be considered griefing or trollRP. However in reality a rule for this would be useless because no-one will ever be able to catch the perpatrator doing these things. It's like when you have abuse of game mechanics with tents you can't prove who did it, so you can't follow it up.

It is very annoying and it will probably stay this exact way for a very long time, till full control over the server has been given by bohemia.

I hope you had some use in this answer and the most unpopular thing to say for now will be "hide the stuff better"

Many of us that try this type of RP have to deal with this and eventually we just end up having trouble with it in the end.

I am up however to share some of my spots that have never been discovered to compensate the loss and help you not have this problem again (hopefully)

Move it some where else

Sheesh.

The fact of the matter is there is a common theme as of late. People failing to realize that this server is not about gear, it's about the RP. I feel like a Mongoloid having to spell that out.  Take for instance all these people who call us gear whores because we rob them dry. We simply take essentials and leave the rest in a bush and move on.

On the flip side those calling us gear whores have 3+ tents full of garbage and what they fail to realize is that too many of these camps cause dysync. If anything, some caravan liberation could help the server sustainability and overall loot table cycle.

Tents and how much shit you can stuff in there shouldn't be a priority. If it is, then that's sad.

But if you would rather call me a troll for posting the obvious connection that brings all these threads together. What ever, sounds to me that you really don't have an argument and are just yelling hogwash into the moonlight.

If THAT is really the only thing you took from the OP, and from the discussion thus far then there is no point speaking to you further. I have stated already that losing gear doesn't bother me, and that being robbed doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the offline griefing/trolling. if you get initiated on, and your shit stolen, oh well, hopefully you got some good rp out of it. But if you were offline and had your char stripped of all their gear, maybe you would feel differently because you didn't even have a chance for rp.

Well no shit there is a lot of rage hun, this is the third time I've tried to build this camp, and not even in the same spot. I took it the firs time, yeah pretty shitty but w/e, second time, okay annoyed but accidents happen with the server wipe, and now again. It ruins my rp, cause any orders I had for my trading company is now scrapped, any supplies I could run out with to trade and rp with people is just gone and why? Because someone wanted to be a jackass.

Also yes I understand it isn't really enforceable sadly. I'm just tired of all the trolls in this community. Either hiding behind rules or commiting rulebreaks just because they know they won't get caught.

Honestly, I'd scrap the idea for a camp Ami, just have a barrel in the woods somewhere... It's the best way to do it.

This ^

What I would suggest is if you want a camp for the benefits of campfire RP then just have the tents without anything in them or items with very little value then just have all your really dank military loot in a barrel stashed away in a tree close by. It won't stop the griefing but it will probably make you less likely to be robbed. 

Who would want to rob tents that only have 74 .22 ammo and apples?

Please.

To correct you what I am saying is that Ignoring the topic being discussed and just attacking the poster means you should gtfo. I.E. Jimmy basically saying "stop crying all you care about is gear, if your camp can be found they should be able to grief it all they want."

And while I wouldn't think I need to say this in a "discussion" topic copying one phrase from someone else and just posting it, does not contribute at all to the topic being discussed and is no better than spamming the board. I.E Pado's post.

Welp alright. Homie dont want war but....

Just had my camp raided again. I don't mind losing a couple items now and then because there really isn't anywhere to hide a camp that it will never be found, but I am sick and tired of these dammed trolls who just empty all the tents and leave everything to despawn with the reset. Personally I don't see why this would be allowed or tolerated in a fucking rp server at all.

Before the bandit brigade jumps in and starts trying to argue, I am NOT saying that raiding camps should be against the rules, but there should definitely a fucking limit to what you are allowed to do. It's borderline meta to just leave shit on the ground knowing that a server reset will wipe it, there is NO rp reason for you to do it. I know you will try to defend yourself saying "It's my character, he's a bandit/asshole." It's not your character, at that point YOU are being an asshole.

Now to address the WAVES of bandits who are going to say "RP>gear" I play a trader, gear is my rp at this point. IT doesn't matter if I am running around in jeans and a tshirt personally but when I have nothing to trade I got no fucking point in trying to rp my character the way I want to.

Bottom line, this crap does nothing to promote rp, its a fucking pub tactic that does nothing but ruin a player's night destroy potential rp, and let the trolls feel smug because there is no way to prove they did it unless you catch them in the act.

TLDR: If you destroy a camp just because you can, you can also go back to your pub server.

So first off, this entire thread is simply about you complaining about how someone raided your camp, pure and simple, you can call it what you want, but you lost your shit because someone found it and you came to the forums to complain or find solace in other peoples matching opinion. So you indeed do give a fuck about losing your items because you posted this in the first place. Second, to call someone a 'troll' for destroying a camp is merely an opinion. Im my experience, its denying a possible hostile force resources, If I come across 40 tents filled with huge amounts of items that can be used to literally re-gear an army then I'm going to fuck that shit up because chances are one of the bullets or guns in these tents will most likely be used to shoot at me, one of my friends or at some poor fucker in the near future. Now I dont know the size of your stash, but If I was the person I would do everything in my power to deny a possible hostile force any advantage...plus I've been seeing some crazy loot stashes of like 15+ tents around lately. Next I'd like to address 'Bandit Brigade' what a novel, cute term you've used here, I wonder if your referencing the one true Brigade that is among this community? If so its a clever little stab but I'd prefer if you call us by our true name: The Banter Brigade. Moving right along in this post, you say that pulling things out of tents and waiting for the server to wipe them is borderline metagaming? Well to be fair, in a real situation if someone found your camp undefended, they would take EVERYTHING, however because I have no need for the 40 pairs of pants you've acquired for RP reasons, or the 15 M4's for like reasons, along with the fact that I have no room for all that shit, its only fair that some of it is 'taken' by the raiders, aka its tossed away. Call it the 'Raders Tax'.

To say that you are a 'trader' and that 'Gear is my RP' is laughable and a silly attempt to reason to people that you need those 6 M4's, 12 SVD's or 40 pairs of pants for 'RP purposes' Its a farce and I laugh everytime I hear someone say 'Gear is my RP' Because you dont need that shit to RP a character, your character should have more to them then simply this fellow:

522450-merchant_super.jpeg

Your character has no backstory? no driving focus? no goals, no dreams, no desires? they simply wish to mindlessly trade insignificant goods to random strangers at a arbitrary cost? Pardon me but that seems like no fun at all.

So, to correct you, Saying what Jimmy has said is well within his rights, its his opinion on the matter you have posted.

TLDR: If you think you can aquire 40 tents full of shit and expect it not to get raided, you might want to play on a server by yourself.