Server time: 2017-10-20, 21:50
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Ami.Knight

To the trolls

Ami.Knight    9

Just had my camp raided again. I don't mind losing a couple items now and then because there really isn't anywhere to hide a camp that it will never be found, but I am sick and tired of these dammed trolls who just empty all the tents and leave everything to despawn with the reset. Personally I don't see why this would be allowed or tolerated in a fucking rp server at all.

Before the bandit brigade jumps in and starts trying to argue, I am NOT saying that raiding camps should be against the rules, but there should definitely a fucking limit to what you are allowed to do. It's borderline meta to just leave shit on the ground knowing that a server reset will wipe it, there is NO rp reason for you to do it. I know you will try to defend yourself saying "It's my character, he's a bandit/asshole." It's not your character, at that point YOU are being an asshole.

Now to address the WAVES of bandits who are going to say "RP>gear" I play a trader, gear is my rp at this point. IT doesn't matter if I am running around in jeans and a tshirt personally but when I have nothing to trade I got no fucking point in trying to rp my character the way I want to.

Bottom line, this crap does nothing to promote rp, its a fucking pub tactic that does nothing but ruin a player's night destroy potential rp, and let the trolls feel smug because there is no way to prove they did it unless you catch them in the act.

TLDR: If you destroy a camp just because you can, you can also go back to your pub server.

Strider    0

Hey guys what's up, Scarce here.

On the real tho, there is no way to enforce this and putting a rule on what you can do to a camp. There would be no way to catch the wrongdoers. I mean, I don't really know what's it like since I never had a camp nor do I ever find any to raid, I guess it's pretty shitty to have that happen but there is nothing to do about it really.

Alex    465

Hoh boy, this is going to be quite the thread.

Jokes aside, as Strider said, we won't make rules we cannot enforce. Based off of reports that have been had, despawning tents/burning things and general 'griefing' without any IC reason is actually a rulebreak, griefing. It's only permitted when groups are at war/hostilities.

Bruce    0

I'm sorry, but it honestly just sounds like you're upset that your camp was raided. I agree that it's shitty to destroy someone's camp without IC reason, but maybe you shouldn't make a camp if this will be the reaction. I'm not hating on you, but there's a lot of rage here. Kinda hard to take the suggestion seriously.

Beni    866

Hey guys what's up, Scarce here.

Strider... Jesus christ xD 

But yeah, there isn't away to enforce this rule... There is literally nothing we can do unless you have solid evidence against the convicted person(s). But lets be real, does anyone really need a camp specifically for gear? I mean sure it's nice but.. A full on camp? If you're gonna have a barrel or something more gear, make it a lot more hidden, that way it will be less likely to get raied..

Like... As long as you're not a fresh spawn or a ex SAS Marine Army Black Ops soldier, it should not be an issue really. It's annoying yes, but I don't see what making a thread like this would do to be honest, there have been a lot of threads like this in the past and it caused nothing but issues.

Rolle    2955

The rule against griefing is already in place, however to enforce it we need proof, which is very difficult to obtain since the griefers have to be caught red-handed as we don't have any loot logs yet.

I think you should be able to destroy a camp as long as you know who owns it and they are your enemy.  Sorry about your camp though, did you have any enemies?

Dude, every base/camp will be found eventually, it's just a matter of time. It has happened to me before but I didn't race to the forums to complain when it happened.

Ami.Knight    9

Well no shit there is a lot of rage hun, this is the third time I've tried to build this camp, and not even in the same spot. I took it the firs time, yeah pretty shitty but w/e, second time, okay annoyed but accidents happen with the server wipe, and now again. It ruins my rp, cause any orders I had for my trading company is now scrapped, any supplies I could run out with to trade and rp with people is just gone and why? Because someone wanted to be a jackass.

Also yes I understand it isn't really enforceable sadly. I'm just tired of all the trolls in this community. Either hiding behind rules or commiting rulebreaks just because they know they won't get caught.

Voodoo    488

Couldnt really be enforced if a rule was made. Best thing to do is move the camp to a location more hidden.

Beni    866

Well no shit there is a lot of rage hun, this is the third time I've tried to build this camp, and not even in the same spot. I took it the firs time, yeah pretty shitty but w/e, second time, okay annoyed but accidents happen with the server wipe, and now again. It ruins my rp, cause any orders I had for my trading company is now scrapped, any supplies I could run out with to trade and rp with people is just gone and why? Because someone wanted to be a jackass.

Also yes I understand it isn't really enforceable sadly. I'm just tired of all the trolls in this community. Either hiding behind rules or commiting rulebreaks just because they know they won't get caught.

Honestly, I'd scrap the idea for a camp Ami, just have a barrel in the woods somewhere... It's the best way to do it.

Jetwells    0

But how else can people get the loots without raiding camps? The amount of camps dotted about with multiple high value loot makes people just look for camps to raid. Get a larger group to help with it, or dont expect you to be able to maintain a camp by yourself. Its realistic, you would be an easy target. Griefing on the other hand, Thats already a rule. But you need to catch them. Also, How do you know their griefing and not just wanting the tent you had the items in? Could they have not wanted the items but used the tent?

Eagle    409

Just like my old boi would say.

I8QjMq.gif

On a serious note if your stuff ain't hidden better then people can find it over and over then you ain't a good hider, I suggest using barrels and NOT Tents as I have had barrels that last for weeks without ever being found.

Dusty    1586

The first rule of DayZ is don't get attached to your gear. I would suggest you get used to losing your shit, especially in an alpha game.

Ami.Knight    9

But how else can people get the loots without raiding camps? The amount of camps dotted about with multiple high value loot makes people just look for camps to raid. Get a larger group to help with it, or dont expect you to be able to maintain a camp by yourself. Its realistic, you would be an easy target. Griefing on the other hand, Thats already a rule. But you need to catch them. Also, How do you know their griefing and not just wanting the tent you had the items in? Could they have not wanted the items but used the tent?

Even if such a thing were the case I could understand stealing a tent or two, especially considering some were empty. However I highly doubt someone just needed 5 tents. And even if they intended to use it for their own camp, I think completely destroying the existing camp would still fall under the griefing cover. Because otherwise anyone who wiped out a camp because they could, could argue they did it because "they needed the tents

AndreyQ    0

We have a rule, griefing. If people just demolish your camp for no IC reason then that is a rule break.

However, you should be prepared for things like this if you want to have a camp. If I bump into one I'll take all the things I could find. Same goes for a lot of people.

Ami.Knight    9

We have a rule, griefing. If people just demolish your camp for no IC reason then that is a rule break.

However, you should be prepared for things like this if you want to have a camp. If I bump into one I'll take all the things I could find. Same goes for a lot of people.

See MY camp had been robbed already, someone sacked a plate carrier and all my 5.56 ammo. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's not getting robbed that bothers me it's the fact that they completely destroyed the camp for no reason. Other than they wanted to have a laugh or fuck with a player.

Jetwells    0

See MY camp had been robbed already, someone sacked a plate carrier and all my 5.56 ammo. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's not getting robbed that bothers me it's the fact that they completely destroyed the camp for no reason. Other than they wanted to have a laugh or fuck with a player.

I know its not what you want to hear, But unfortunately thats always going to happen, with the community having such a large playerbase, your going to have people who choose to do this for that exact reason. Unless you want to spend hours camping your base to find whoever it was who was doing it, your going to have to just, bite your tounge, and rebuild. Or, find alternative methods to carry and use your items for trading. Not ideal, And not acceptable by any means, but its something that we have to deal with imo. I understand the frustration, but don't let it put you off.

Hop    0

xD

Please dont "xD" in my presence, Takes me back to 1965 when I was riding Huey's into the jungle with my door gunner's Strider and DP.

On topic though.

There is not much you can do about this, If people want to be cunts they will be as simple as that.

Ami.Knight    9

I know its not what you want to hear, But unfortunately thats always going to happen, with the community having such a large playerbase, your going to have people who choose to do this for that exact reason. Unless you want to spend hours camping your base to find whoever it was who was doing it, your going to have to just, bite your tounge, and rebuild. Or, find alternative methods to carry and use your items for trading. Not ideal, And not acceptable by any means, but its something that we have to deal with imo. I understand the frustration, but don't let it put you off.

Sadly these are EXACTLY the kind of players who put me off to this game and this community. Between the ones who do it, and the ones who cover for people who do it, It completely limits the kind of rp that can be had when people act like this. Any time a camp pops up, or a trading post, or a group who just wants to help people and have fun rp people like this show up and ruin it for everyone. 

Unless you have a group with 30 players who sit off on the edge of the map and don't interact with anyone outside their group your options are: Either you can play a civ who carries as little shit as possible, and get robbed. Or you can play a hoarder who's bag is always full and has the best guns, and get robbed. Or you can play a bandit dedicated to ruining everyone else's fun... and get robbed if anyone ever catches you alone.

Vic    0

bandit brigade

*sighs*

I wish they'd stop calling us this.

Anywho, I agree. Taking shit out so it'll despawn is pretty chummy. Which none of us at the "bandit brigade" do.

Herico    36

Or you can play a bandit dedicated to ruining everyone else's fun...

Oh boy, here we go again.

I agree, Tent Griefing is pretty annoying, but, as multiple people have stated already, there is nothing you can do unless you catch the guy redhanded. If you're worried about your gear, maybe use a barrel instead? Otherwise I guess you just have to rebuild :/

Jetwells    0

*sighs*

I wish they'd stop calling us this.

Anywho, I agree. Taking shit out so it'll despawn is pretty chummy. Which none of us at the "bandit brigade" do.

I don't think shes aiming it at you, Just the generalization that alot of the server is a bandit/hostile player. Which is why I would promote a lore reset, At the moment, I tend to not jump ingame as much for these reasons. The RP has grew stale and a majority of it is bandits. Which is understandable, as we are 2 years into the apocalypse. But, For me its just not fun anymore. At the moment, it is a kill or be killed time. Everyone has been through alot and alot of the server won't hesitate or be intimidated like they would of at the start. I feel stories and development has slowed for this reason. Which then results in more people doing camp raiding/banditing ect imo.

Eagle    409

Sadly these are EXACTLY the kind of players who put me off to this game and this community. Between the ones who do it, and the ones who cover for people who do it, It completely limits the kind of rp that can be had when people act like this. Any time a camp pops up, or a trading post, or a group who just wants to help people and have fun rp people like this show up and ruin it for everyone. 

Unless you have a group with 30 players who sit off on the edge of the map and don't interact with anyone outside their group your options are: Either you can play a civ who carries as little shit as possible, and get robbed. Or you can play a hoarder who's bag is always full and has the best guns, and get robbed. Or you can play a bandit dedicated to ruining everyone else's fun... and get robbed if anyone ever catches you alone.

Or stop making threads like this that whine about gear, wanna have a camp then be ready to guard it.