Server time: 2017-08-17, 15:47

Sign in to follow this  

The Almighty Radio Chatter

Question

So obviously here on DayzRP the radio chatter section is HUGE for some role players. I find myself using it quite a bit as it is easier to contact people then having to be in the server at the same time. It is kind of odd though I feel. If I relay a message to a friend, it could be an entire 24 hours till they "hear it"

Another thing, a general rule of these chatters is that if the frequency is [Open], anyone is able to "hear it" and use that information in game. NOW onto my question. 

If I go back 1 whole month, to a radio chatter where someone is explaining an entire groups inner workings and names and all that jazz, and it say [Open], Am I allowed to take that info in game?

How long is too long for someone to hear a message? Since its a forum, its there forever technically. amirite?

13 answers to this question

Nihoolious    1092

I think the threads should be locked after a certain number of days to indicate that if you didn't hear it then you can't know it now. Something like that. I'd rather it be a 24 window to reply but due to timezones and what not it might be harder for some people to get a response in time.

Cid    332

I think the threads should be locked after a certain number of days to indicate that if you didn't hear it then you can't know not now. Something like that. I'd rather it be a 24 window to reply but due to timezones and what not it might be harder for some people to get a response in time.

I think that would be rather cool to enforce.  OP brings up a good question and this is a rather simple answer to it if applied.  Gives something for some of the moderators on the forums to monitor, honestly wouldn't be that hard to juggle.  Give a certain time limit (24-48 hours would be fine for those who avidly look at the forums) and from there it could be determined heard or not.

Jango    29

Either that or just have the radiochatter deleted or move to a hidden, Admin only forum. Cause how would you track/stop people using that info IC ?

This isn't a suggestion thread doods. :/

DarkSide    229

I believe there is a forever technically when it comes to radio threads.

Should be a suggestion thread agree with nihoolious

Should be a suggestion thread agree with nihoolious

But unless something is made, perhaps he's searching for an "official" answer from a GM/admin perspective as the rules are now, so that perhaps a suggestion could be made later. Personally, I don't think I've seen any answer to this in the past.

Coreena    91

I think the threads should be locked after a certain number of days to indicate that if you didn't hear it then you can't know it now. Something like that. I'd rather it be a 24 window to reply but due to timezones and what not it might be harder for some people to get a response in time.

Great idea!! I agree with it, but maybe a bit longer incase people are busy - A few days perhaps? Imagine someone making a radio chatter for you the day you get swamped with work for the next couple of days, BAM now the thread is closed and you can't even respond to it. What if yours or your friend's life is on the line here if you don't respond to it?! Lol, I mean like if someone makes demands to you that if you don't respond they will hunt you down for the rest of your life. Hey, I'm just stating possibilities here. You neverrrrr know.

DarkSide    229

Ok to clarify this there is no time limit to respond on radio threads (As far as I am aware) For all you know he/she probably heard it when it was announced and chose to respond later.

This ^

Also my other opinion is that if you made your character before the message was sent you can just say you "Happened" to be on that frequency. I agree with Nihoolious here though. There should be a lock because anyone could just say they heard that during the time it was sent. (I think that's okay, but I don't agree with it.)

/solved

Proceed with suggestion threads

DarkSide    229

Very well. /solved

Would like to add that while there is o time limit, you can not hear transmissions that are months old, for obvious reasons.