Server time: 2017-08-17, 19:15

Sign in to follow this  

UN Transmission - Calling All Local Factions [Open Frequency}

*Lieutenant Andrew Sledge nods at Porirsson who flicks a switch before giving him a thumbs up to transmit. The South African intelligence officer proceeds to transmit across the region of South Zagoria from the radio tower at Altar Hill.*

"This is Lieutenant Andrew Sledge, the intelligence officer of the United Nations mission to South Zagoria, transmitting to the local populace of South Zagoria from... *He takes a moment to wrack his memory* ...Altar Hill radio station. I am calling on all local factions to identify themselves immediately, stating the name of their organisation, their leader, strength, location and all other relevant details."

*He pauses to take a breath, and continues.*

"Under the authority of Secretary General Fordum, I also call upon all factions who receive this message to either pledge allegiance or non-aggression to the UN mission to South Zagoria, and all associated forces with it. I have a list here of local factions, groups or organisations that we require to state all that was mentioned previously..."

*Sledge looks down at his notepad that contains all the intelligence he has collected since entering South Zagoria.*

"Beginning with the... Clowns, mercenaries who call themselves Coldwater, a 'Northern Alliance', a group named Outrun, and a faction named Blackwood. We expec- oh, and some traders called Atlas. We expect all of the aforementioned groups to respond as soon as possible so that we can identify all factions of possible threat to the mission and the people of South Zagoria. We await your response - Lieutenant Sledge, ending transmission."

*Porirsson flicks back the same switch as Sledge finishes his message, ending the transmission.*

Jack raises an eyebrow 

He clicks down

"Hello sir, this is Jack Warren. I am the guy in charge of The Brokers. We are a trading group. You wish us to give you our allegiance? Maybe after I hear more about what I am getting into. The strength of my group is irrelevant, because we are mere traders. Our location is irrelevant, as we are mere traders. Other details? Lets see: I piss standing up. Good enough?"

Lennie is tying a black bandana to his face when he hears the radio transmission. Genuinely interested, he picks up the radio and presses down the PTT.

"Lieutenant Sledge, huh.. you've got a pretty cool name there, 'Sledge'.

Genuinely curious; what happens to groups that don't pledge their allegiance, or 'non-agression', as you've called it?

And before you ask, I'm not representing a group at the moment. I can tell you that I, Lennie, do not wish ill upon the UN."

He releases the PTT as his half-tied bandana falls on the ground. He silently swears to himself and picks up the bandana, beginning the process of tying it again.

Alex    451

*Alex picks up his radio*

"Hello. My name is Alex, member of an alliance of northerners."

*He waits for a moment*

"If you want to contact us for a meeting, let me know."

*He puts the radio down*

LoneStarrr    84

*Alan is switching between frequencies periodically upon the time of Sledge's transmission. He immediately stops switching, when the man mentions his the UN once again being in South Zagoria. After Sledge finishes his transmission, Alan picks up his radio quickly, knowing that he needs to respond, he presses down the PTT* 

Good evening Lt. Sledge, sir. My name is Alan Baker, second in command of Outrun. It is good to hear a transmission from the UN...it has been quite some time since I have heard anything out of a structure unit, only former or supposedly active duty members traveling on their own here and there. Either way, I know you are not here for small talk, you need information and that is what I'm here to give. 

*Alan sighs, taking a deep breath, knowing the risk that he may be putting his group in danger if this man is not, in fact, who he says he is.*

Our group is Outrun, we are led by a young man named Ryan Robertson. As for strength, we only maintain enough people to protect our women and children. We are more than capable of defending ourselves if the need arises, however, it has always been our goal to remain as neutral as possible when it comes to conflicts between other groups. 

I suppose you may have heard of our group through talk of our camps, for we have had quite a few in the past, the most prominent being that of Refuge, located at a bus stop just outside of Vavilovo. After some conflicts with certain people and groups roughly a month to a month and a half ago, we abandoned all attempts to set up any further camps. They were simply too much trouble to keep up and running with so many people wishing to disturb it. Since the disbandment of this camp, we have remained nomadic, moving only where we see fit. 

*He takes another deep breath, rubbing his eyes and composing his thoughts*

I can assure you Lieutenant, that Outrun will never go on the offensive against the United Nations nor anyone aiding them. It has always been our policy to remain as neutral as possible and only fight if provoked first by another group. As long as we are not attacked, I see no problems arising in the future. Perhaps, if relations go well, then we could even be working together in the future.

*Alan once more recomposes himself, still worried about the validity of the transmission.*

I hope you understand the possible dangers I could be putting my group in by transmitting this information, especially on an frequency that is open to anyone. The only reason I am currently doing this is because of the limited amount of people who wish to eliminate our group. I am putting my trust in you to put this information to good use. I know the United Nations are good people and I would never hope to be forced to take up arms against you. Thank you for your time and I hope you are satisfied with my information, I will remain on this frequency if you have any further questions you wish to ask. Good luck on your endeavors and stay safe sir.

*Alan releases the PTT and softly places the radio down on the table. He rests his elbow on the table, propping his chin up with his hand, contemplating the transmission he just made. He listens intently for any further response or transmission.*

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

*Sledge begins to transmit again, responding to the three voices that replied to his message in his distinct South African accent.*

"Mr Jack Warren, 'Lennie' and 'Alex' - your response is much appreciated. Mr Warren - and to all others interested - pledging allegiance to our mission is far more beneficial to those that do so than us, I assure you. To those that pledge allegiance, we aim to protect you from attack, exempt you from any safety searches and we will allow you to reside at any UN camps we establish. However you must not interfere with UN business in the area, and we will not allow any parties who commit... reprehensible acts to, uh, receive the benefits I mentioned earlier."

"Mr... 'Lennie', those who do not pledge allegiance do not suffer any punitive measures, they simply do not receive the benefits of doing so. It additionally highlights to us that they may present a problem to the UN mission in Chernarus."

"Alex - I would certainly like to arrange a meeting with your alliance, our frequency is 193.1 if you would like to get in contact."

*The transmission ends.*

A distant, low fidelity transmission breaks through the frequency.  There are distant voices shouting in the distance, appearing to echo within an urban setting.  Occasionally, the distant sound of a weapons discharge can be heard.  

A male voice begins to speak with a thick Scottish accent.

"Lieutenant Sledge, aye?  I am Commander Mike Orchil of the organisation that you have identified as Coldwater.  We are a multi-national organisation providing private security services for the locals in South Zagoria.  We provide our services, at cost, to those in need.  We also take up arms against bandits, cannibals and other undesirable elements in the region."

He sighs deeply before continuing.

"Listen, I'll shoot straight wi' ye, ok pal?  This region is a fucking mess.  I'd be over the moon if you lot actually established a stable peacekeeping operation in at least a part of South Zagoria, but I'm no holdin' my breath.  Many have tried, and many have failed.  Too many fuckin' loonies oot there, thriving on the chaos... but when a cause is just, it's always worth giving a chance.  So in this endeavor of yours, I wish ye all the best."

"Here's the script; my organisation will keep oot yer way.  Any individuals who approach us seeking to take a contract out against you will be reported to you immediately.  I'm a kind soul that way.  But in return, we expect the same level of respect.  Our organisation will maintain its right to defend itself against any hostilities, but we don't start fights.  We just finish 'em.

"There's nae reason why we can't work hand-in-hand to fix this mad fuckin' region, but any unwarranted aggression, harassment or hostility towards my people will result in a proportionate response.  Besides that, consider this yer pledge of non-aggression."

The transmission ends abruptly.

*Ian picks up the radio sleepily, taking off his facemask and hat for a while, settling into a make-shift bed. He presses the PTT, his thick Virginian accent resonates over the radio*

"United Nations huh? Thought ya'll were long gone... Well, it's always good to see glimmer of civilization nowadays."

"This is Ian Kane, Deputy Commander of Atlas, and currently the one in charge of communication for our group. If you're interested in our leader, his name is Jeremy Wolfrich, and I'll be happy to pass along any messages to him. As for our strength... well that's in the eye of the beholder I suppose. We roam around consistently, but you can usually find us travelin' around Stary and Novy Sobor. We also make the occasional trek up to Sinistok."

"If you'd like to contact us to speak more... privately about details and such, don't be afraid to contact us over the radio on 114.2, and I'll be happy to oblige."

*He releases the PTT with a sigh, and places the radio down beside him. He instantly falls asleep from the stress of the day.*

*Disgusted about the lies he is hearing on the radio Artemus abruptly picks up his radio and pushes down the PTT*

Well Mr. Sledge it is good to hear someone who plans to bring peace to this chaotic land

*He pauses considering if it is even possible*

I would like to inform you that not all of these responses have been 100% honest with you. Now you see Mr. Jack Warren of the brokers, he claims to be just a harmless trading group. He just so happened to leave out the fact the he captures, robs, and sells slaves to be tortured. He and his group bring nothing but chaos and must be stopped.

*He then puts the radio down and finishes polishing his collection of clown mask trophies*

-snip-

*Ace wakes up frantically after hearing the man proclaiming himself to be a lieutenant in the U.N and frantically grabs a hold of his radio and holds down the PTT*

Fucking hell... Excuse my language but.... *pauses* There's no way that the U.N is back how fucking long has it been? *begins to sob a bit hysterically* For fucks sake how long has it been? Lieutenant what is of the United States, Europe; western civilization!? My name is Ace Von Stein IV I have a group but I wish to conceal my leaders identity rest assured from the time being with him he's a good friend I'd be willing to call him a brother of my own but besides that are you here to help or screw things up more?

*Ace lets go of the PTT and wipes the tears from his cheeks*

BigRig    20

*James finishes reading the message that his radio officer delivered to him. He then crumples up the letter and throws it in the small stone fireplace inside his cozy house in lopatino, watching the note quickly engulf in flames, it was a reminder of how fast things can change in todays world. One day valuable and the next.. nothing but ash. 

James then looks over to his radio and remembers the promises the UN made when the outbreak happened and all that came after… the year long war that was had with the UN “peacekeepers” who robbed James of all his supplies in svetlojarsk and left him for dead before he joined Blackwood. But that was nearly a year and a half ago and blackwood had since shifted from a survivors group to a full fledged republic with many citizens living within their borders.*

“Times change I suppose..” 

*James mumbled to himself as he reaches for the radio and brings it to his mouth as he presses the ppt button*

This is Colonel James Mason of the Blackwood frontier force in south zagoria. I represent the great Blackwood Republic in this area.. forgive me sir. But as far as we knew the UN fucked off or starved to death in this area over a year ago.. they weren’t the peacekeepers they said they were… they stole from innocents and weak people that wandered through their lands.. there were even rumors of cannibalism when their food stores ran dry.. so again I find it skeptical that the UN have returned with good and honorable intentions.  We do not bare any ill will towards the UN if you truly intend to do what you say by helping people and keep the peace in south zagoria.

Trusting the UN at this point is quite difficult to picture... however we will agree to a non aggression pact with you because war is not what we want. We only seek to  bring order within our borders, rebuild what we can and establish a trade route with our capital.

If you wish to contact me or any of my officers to arrange a meeting please use the frequency 108.9hz.

*James releases the ppt button on his radio and tunes back to Blackwood radio frequencies *

*Brad begins to transmit*

'Lets not tell you anything ... that sounds so much better'

*Brad ends his transmission*

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

*Lieutenant Sledge, once again in the recording room at the Altar Radio station, looks down at the transcripts of the messages directed to him over the past day. This time he flicks the switch himself, beginning to transmit a response in his South African accent.*

"Misters Baker, Orchil, Kane, Von Stein and Mason - your responses are absolutely appreciated. Mr Baker, I will inform you directly that the United Nations mission to South Zagoria especially appreciates the information you have given us - I take it that you agree to a pact of non-aggression, as Mr Orchil has? In any case, if you would like to further the relationship between our two parties, we would appreciate it moreso if your leader, uh, Mr... Roberston, ah, would pledge allegiance to us to, ah, gain the benefits for your group that I mentioned yesterday. If a more formal meeting is required then we are absolutely willing to arrange that."

*He pauses and looks down at the transcript, before formulating a response to Mr Orchil.*

"Mister- should I say, Commander Orchil, your pact of non-aggression is again very much appreciated. So long as your affairs do not conflict with ours, and we see no evidence of human rights abuses or breaches of international law, we have no reason to get in the way of your own affairs. That of course goes with all other factions in the region of South Zagoria."

"Mister Kane - it was a pleasure bumping into you today, of course we would be very happy if you took our complaint about your man Ross Alton into consideration - we cannot have such aggression against our men. Nevertheless, if you could inform your leader Mr Wolfrich of our proposal, that would be great."

"Mr Von Stein, we are certainly here to help - there is no question about that. I will also say that Iceland, from where our mission originated, is a paradise in comparison to Chernarus, ha ha."

"Finally, Colonel Mason, I certainly wish to allay any concerns you have. We are a tightly run ship under Secretary General Fordum and Captain Kolinski, and any breaches of protocol or law are punished severely - especially ones that involve cannibalism or robbery. Thank you for your pledge of non-aggression, I'm sure a meeting is in order as you have suggested."

"Lieutenant Sledge, signing off."

*Sledge flicks back the switch ending the transmission, intentionally ignoring the anonymous douchebag who gave the last response.*

Jack the Ripper    249

*Ivan waits for a moment for the voices to stop talking before pressing down on the PTT, speaking in a respectful, yet somewhat suspicious tone. He speaks using a New Zealand accent, making his voice unrecognizable.*

"My name is Joe Baker, no group affiliation. I'm not interested in any conflict with your people, though I have to ask, as a current occupant of this country, what these 'safety searches' that you'll be preforming actually entail? Forgive my suspicions but recently I've noticed that any so-called 'searches' preformed by individuals or groups usually end with possessions being taxed, body parts being removed, or people getting shot.

How do we know that you're not just another group of lunatics trying to play the, 'Trust us, we're the good guys card'?"

*Ivan releases the PTT and waits patiently for a response.*

Mercy    486

Hope looks at her radio, the conversation she had with one of the people who had overheard the conversation. She transmits.

"You say you want information on groups and where they stand, most people did this at Camp Hope. But you know, they where there when you had your little meeting. Overhearing things. Amateurs? Take the berets of them? Make sure people who are UN to not be UN anymore? Lock us away for.... so many months until your mission is complete? Mind explaining? Find things out about Hope's men. Hm.... Care for any of you lovely Icelandic UN members to explain to me? Because I believe detaining my men and locking them in cells for helping people is... not something a peacekeeper would do... I don't appreciate being played like a fool, and I don't think you would either if this was happening to you."

She slowly inhales.

"I've tried to be helpful, but from what I'm hearing you have a completely different objective to obtain blood samples to have for your research lab. What exactly is your mission? Because a lot of people seem to catch you slipping up in words. Are you going to kill more people at my camp, put people against the wall and obtain information off them by them? I mean I spent nearly 6 months building a reputation the UN military had burnt down. I'm not keen on you making it out like my men are bad people, that they are amateurs. Those men and women in that camp deserve an award for the voluntary work and working hands they put towards the cause of saving peoples lives. Not offended by men. I offered to get blood samples but you seem to making things difficult and I don't understand why. I tried being civil and yet you barge into the camp thinking you own the place from what I have been told by multiple witnesses because I, the UN Doctor works there. So that gives you authority to treat everyone else inferior? You may be here to help people. To make sure your mission is complete but one thing is, mutual respect is key. Where is the mutual respect when you talk behind our backs saying this stuff. I allow you to talk supplies that we struggle to find just like anyone else and try to make sure we maintain a large proportion of food. I would like to talk to Andy. But I'm not going to be lying about what anyone has said, after all what would be the point in lying in the first place?"

She waits for a response, folding her arms on her chest as she stares at her radio.

Jack-Spade    15

*Joe Listens to the radio a moment and then laughs thinking to himself...*

"I cant believe people are going to buy this load of crap"

*Joe Presses his PTT and begins to ask...*

"United nations!?.... Right. If you are telling the truth where have you been for the past two years?"

*Joe Releases his PTT*

Hope looks at her radio, the conversation she had with one of the people who had overheard the conversation. She transmits.

"You say you want information on groups and where they stand, most people did this at Camp Hope. But you know, they where there when you had your little meeting. Overhearing things. Amateurs? Take the berets of them? Make sure people who are UN to not be UN anymore? Lock us away for.... so many months until your mission is complete? Mind explaining? Find things out about Hope's men. Hm.... Care for any of you lovely Icelandic UN members to explain to me? Because I believe detaining my men and locking them in cells for helping people is... not something a peacekeeper would do... I don't appreciate being played like a fool, and I don't think you would either if this was happening to you."

She slowly inhales.

"I've tried to be helpful, but from what I'm hearing you have a completely different objective to obtain blood samples to have for your research lab. What exactly is your mission? Because a lot of people seem to catch you slipping up in words. Are you going to kill more people at my camp, put people against the wall and obtain information off them by them? I mean I spent nearly 6 months building a reputation the UN military had burnt down. I'm not keen on you making it out like my men are bad people, that they are amateurs. Those men and women in that camp deserve an award for the voluntary work and working hands they put towards the cause of saving peoples lives. Not offended by men. I offered to get blood samples but you seem to making things difficult and I don't understand why. I tried being civil and yet you barge into the camp thinking you own the place from what I have been told by multiple witnesses because I, the UN Doctor works there. So that gives you authority to treat everyone else inferior? You may be here to help people. To make sure your mission is complete but one thing is, mutual respect is key. Where is the mutual respect when you talk behind our backs saying this stuff. I allow you to talk supplies that we struggle to find just like anyone else and try to make sure we maintain a large proportion of food. I would like to talk to Andy. But I'm not going to be lying about what anyone has said, after all what would be the point in lying in the first place?"

She waits for a response, folding her arms on her chest as she stares at her radio.

*Robert hears the womans confusing words and decides to respond*

"Scuse me ma'am, but is English not your first language? Because what the utter shit fuck was that poorly worded tyrade? If yer gonna go accusin these men and insultin them and the like, at least have the deceny to do so in a intelligible manner. I mean I grew up around a bunch of black fellas speaking geechee so I like to consider myself well prepared to understand all manner of garbage english but i'll be damned if I could understand a quarter of whatever it is you were tryin to say. So please, if you're gonna continue givin these long winded speeches, get someone to speak on your behalf."

*Satisfied that he's said what he wants to say, Robert turns off his radio and places it in a pocket on his vest*

Tomas clicks down the button on his radio.

"From our brief encounters with the security team and individuals at Camp Hope I did report back my beliefs that many of the armed individuals that addressed themselves as security appeared to be amateurs-- possibly contractors. Untrained, unprofessional, and may be misrepresenting the public image of the United Nations as a whole. A concerning factor detailed in a report. The situations there seemed to escalate very quickly, and we were unable to de-escalate them without the overall threat of violence being presented at us directly. We take these threats very seriously especially from individuals that are representing your establishment. 

I would like to reiterate this is not all individuals at the camp, many have been helpful and willing to work with us. However, some have been purposefully causing friction between our parties which is a visible sign of an amateur. We hope this can change. Thank you."

Tomas clicks the radio off, and returns to his bunk with Sledge.

*Marius hears the demands on his radio, feeling little annoyed by what the man said. he starts thinking back to the outbreak when he wa in UN. a weak scandinavian Accent can be heard*

"hello Lieutenant. this is a former field medic of the UN forces that arrived under the outbreak. as a former corporal or uhm was supposed to be promoted to sergant in UN *he sighs* ive been here for 2 years ive seen other UN groups comming and disappear as fast as they get here. at this point we are not liked at all due to some remnant of the past UN forces has gone rogue and done less good things if you understand what i mean. im not sure how long you have been here Lieutenant but let me tell you one thing, comming with demands in a crisis like this where violence roams higher than common sence will do you no good. the only way is to go easy forward and actually show you mean no harm than rushing forward like a bull running after the first man he sees. people like us two have been hunted down just for the fun and joy to get our blue berets. just to  see our dead corpses on the ground"

*some birds can be heard in the background*

"i would likely joined up with you guys but things must go peacefully to show of my identity to everyone. not even my group fully knows who i actually was due to the fact some of them disliked the UN, they have had their bad encounters with UN or impostors that brought bad reputation to our name"

a briefly silent can be heard

"if there were ways to meet anyone of you i would but for now il stick to the anonymous life i have in my group where less knows my history"

he puts down his radio. the transmission goes silent. hes still annoyed by what he heard but waits for an responce

Joffrey    716

-snip-

*Andy Fordum listens and begins to become irritated as he listens*

Ma'am, I have a few choice words for you, and it would be unprofessional for me to openly broadcast them here. Thank you for your concerns, we will have a talk soon.

*Andy puts down the radio and sighs...  "people these days." He says to Jules. "I know they've been out of the loop for a year or two.. but openly spouting disdain, publicly over the airwaves is something I would expect of a college freshman."  "Yes Secretary General" Jules responds noncommittally. Andy goes back to laying out his maps and marking the newest locations he needs samples from.*

*Ryan rubs his eyes, exhausted from a lack of sleep. He takes out his radio and adjusts the frequency to the one Alan told him about, yawning before holding the PTT*

This is Ryan Robertson of Outrun speaking, I spoke to Alan on the radio but have had little time to think about anything other than my wife's medical condition at the moment, I apologise.

As I believe Alan said previously, Outrun does not intend to cause any issues to your operation and we will stay at our neutral state like we do with any group of people. As long as your people do not attack us, and I'm sure you will not, we should not have any issues. 

Like I said previously I am a little preoccupied with my wife's condition, however if you feel a meeting is nessasary I'm sure I can work something out.

Stay safe

*He releases the PTT and slides the radio back into his vest pocket. He stares at the ceiling for a moment, tapping his foot on the ground in an attempt to stay awake as long as possible*