Server time: 2017-08-18, 12:47

Sign in to follow this  
Ezio012103

In-game use of TS etc. suggestion

Ezio012103    8

Today I tried to rob someone (I failed miserably), I was at Camp Hope on my bandit character and was stealing from their off limits tents, or I think they are off limits. Anyways, someone sees me there and I talk to him for a moment. I then say,"Put your hands up and don't make a fucking sound.". I don't want anyone to be alarmed that I am stealing from them or that I have a captive. I then take his radio. After a little bit I am shot dead by his friend.

I think that if you are being robbed or in some sort of situation like that, you should have to speak in VOIP of what you said into the radio. In real life, if you told someone to put their hands up and they tell a friend through radio they were getting robbed, you would probably hear their voice. Seems pretty stupid for someone to get initiated on and they say in TS,"I JUST GOT INITIATED ON IN STARY SOBOR!" and then they put their hands up. You don't even have an idea of what they said to their friends.

Roach    1517

I agree with this 100% but unfortunately, you're about to "not hear the end of it" on how they don't have to do this... I always thought this was not right to do at all and should be enforced but hey what you gonna do right? So we'll have to deal with it.

Anyways +1 from a new father that has slept about 5 hours in the past 3 days lmao

DarkSide    229

You can always demand that the hostage you have speak into the radio so both of you can hear it.

God how I wish this was plausible but with the current system (VOIP and TS not being liked aka Task Force Radio) this would be near impossible to enforce. At least with TSR VOIP and TS are linked so this happens automatically.

Until modding is released for SA or we switch to mod then I don't see this feasible.

Anyways +1 from a new father that has slept about 5 hours in the past 3 days lmao

Also EDIT congratulating you on Roach Jr. :)

Castiel    1124

I wish. I know a few people who do this, but unfortunately I don't think most people would be a fan of it.

should be enforced

Its not enforcable is the problem you cant prove that they did or didn't say anything to begin with.

I agree people should speak in game if they use Teamspeak to talk in character over the radio.

DocofPinewood    32

I always do out of respect to the realism. It usually causes the person to rush when typing to frisk my radio. Also i'm not a Borg Drone so I cant call help to the collective through my mind. :D

Roach    1517

should be enforced

Its not enforcable is the problem you cant prove that they did or didn't say anything to begin with.

Haha yeah my lack of sleep made me pass right by that logic. You are correct. Task Force Radio cannot come soon enough :P

100% Agree. I would personally classify it now as BadRP when people communicate via radio while in presence of others if transmitting vital information which would be audibly heard.

I had a great experience today though with a Ross from Atlas group, and referred him to use my walkie talkie (as the UN uses these ingame over TS), and he was able to talk to my group mates without the hassle of alt-tabbing and figuring out the right channel. It was so much better especially for the roleplay.

GreekGodx    118

I always do out of respect to the realism. It usually causes the person to rush when typing to frisk my radio. Also i'm not a Borg Drone so I cant call help to the collective through my mind. :D

I kind of do a similar tactic like that. Usually when I encounter someone who I think is sketchy or looks like he is looking to initiate on me. I hot-mic both TS and in-game, so my friends can hear what I am saying to the individual. If i am initiated on, I usually scream some scared phrase like "OH NO!" or something like that to give off that I am being captured. Sometimes I would say what town I am in and just right after mute the mic and hand over the radio, so at least my colleagues have a general consensus of where I am.

I know where you're coming from friend. Me being me I almost never abuse this little tool to call my buddies without you knowing. I think it's not fair so 95 percent of the time I don't do it. Sadly there is no way to enforce it. If people want to fuck your day up with their telepathic message than so be it.

LoneStarrr    84

You can always demand that the hostage you have speak into the radio so both of you can hear it.

This right here. I have been on the receiving end of this by DarkSide and his group in the past and this is something that is quite useful to the hostage taker. In the end, it helps to know exactly what the person is saying, atleast for a short time. 

But even then, it is still not an enforceable rule even if it were to become one, as much as I would like it to be. Once modding comes along, something like Task Force Radio will be created most likely and I'm sure that would be quite high on the list for adding to the DayZRP mod pack once it did. For now, we just have to wait. 

Really, if you are RPing a bandit and you make the decision to rob someone, this is something that you are doing to yourself. You have to be aware that this is most likely happening and you need to be able to deal with it. If you can't deal with it, don't rob/initiate, pretty simple solution.

Nihoolious    1096

Would it make it more realistic? Yes, of course. However with how shitty VOIP is, having that person shout over their radio on top of the initiators would cause chaos especially if the initiators are trying to give instructions or demands. Its pretty engrained in us to talk on ts as soon as this happens so breaking this habbit will be tough and making it a punishable offense will lead to a lot more "badrp" reports.

Its courteous to do so, but shouldn't be a rule.

I'd like for that to be a thing but. There are ways around the problem, you've just got to be smart about it.

all you have to is have them count out loud from 1 to 1000 and tell them if they stop without you telling them you'll kill them. problem solved.

If they stop for a unreasonable amount of time they are being non compliant.

-Disclaimer-

It's been a heck of a long time since I've used that method and I'm not sure if it would still be within the rules so make sure to ask a senior member of staff before you go doing it.

Harry    18

I wish this was a thing aswell but unfortunatly we cant simply enforce this, because it has more downsides to it then improvement. For example the bad voip, i think its just fine as it is right now.

RedSky    122

It's sad but it isn't enforcable. Ill give it to you yes it is an amazing suggestion but it will never be able to be done.

Saradomin    347

E2YL27z.png

I think people tend to forget, that if you are surrendering or handcuffed, you may not give any information. These days people seem to think you can do this as long as your radio is not taken, which, according to this rule, is not allowed.

SpaceCowboy    226

-snip-

I kind of do a similar tactic like that. Usually when I encounter someone who I think is sketchy or looks like he is looking to initiate on me. I hot-mic both TS and in-game, so my friends can hear what I am saying to the individual. If i am initiated on, I usually scream some scared phrase like "OH NO!" or something like that to give off that I am being captured. Sometimes I would say what town I am in and just right after mute the mic and hand over the radio, so at least my colleagues have a general consensus of where I am.

That's exactly what I do. I hot mic both IG and TS as to let my friends know I'm speaking to an unknown or an enemy. It does suck that we can't hear both sides of the conversation because I feel it could enhance things a bit. Stupid game mechanics

-snip-

That's exactly what I do. I hot mic both IG and TS as to let my friends know I'm speaking to an unknown or an enemy. It does suck that we can't hear both sides of the conversation because I feel it could enhance things a bit. Stupid game mechanics

Me too. Yet I was looking for a dynamic who were using walkietalkies...

SpaceCowboy    226

Me too. Yet I was looking for a dynamic who were using walkietalkies...

TBH for me they are hard to find and I've never been able to use them or hear anyone with them except a few times. Walkies for me are also hard to find.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    749

As nice and realistic as it would be yet again it is something that is not enforceable.

As someone 'not known for their Roleplay', UN have been using the IG walkie talkies and I have to say, its lit as fuck. Its so much fun. But, when the server lags and desynchs to the sheer amount gearcampRP going on, they tend not to function.....dont know if thats a bug or not.

Tbh you should have to hot ic when being robbed. It's bullshit when people tell their friends and the capture somehow doesn't hear it. Would love to see hot mixing ts and or just having IC comms only become popular again.

Tbh you should have to hot ic when being robbed. It's bullshit when people tell their friends and the capture somehow doesn't hear it. Would love to see hot mixing ts and or just having IC comms only become popular again.

I have a video of one us hotmicing a robbery attempt. We soon swarm the bandito when his attempts to contact us fail. In game radios are amazing. Get it. Use it. Love it.

Il see about posting it somewhere.