Server time: 2017-08-22, 07:34

Sign in to follow this  
Zombru

Execution Rights

Zombru    25

I've seen several reports where people have complained about being invalidly executed. Weather or not it was invalid couldn't be decided though because the executioners nor the executed had evidence of the hostile encounters. 

I also believe that it may be a little cumbersome and annoying to keep the videos or to have the executed person/people to acknowledge that they've had multiple encounters with you (which if there is a report will most likely not happen). I can understand that it would be frustrating if someone was executed and the guilty party didn't get justice because it would turn out to be "Word v. Word". If you could get a story that lines up with the victim then you could just think up a convincing lie and come out of the report without what you deserve.

I personally am indifferent to the whole thing. I just wanted to know the communities opinion on this.

This thread also isn't directed at one report/person/group in particular, just at the system of how reports on executions should be solved.

Castiel    1124

My personal opinion, not specific to any case is as follows: I think the burden of responsibility should fall on the executing party. If they cannot prove they've had multiple hostile encounters then whose to say they've had any at all? Of course it's case by case, though.

The possiblity of having 'evidence' of possible hostile encounters is unreasonable. Proof that you have enough generally comes from reports, radio transmissions. Or like the report your talking about, is confirmation from the OP themselves. They didnt dispute the encounters, only their part in said encounters.

My personal opinion, not specific to any case is as follows: I think the burden of responsibility should fall on the executing party. If they cannot prove they've had multiple hostile encounters then whose to say they've had any at all? Of course it's case by case, though.

+1 to this. It's not hard to screenshot them while you have them at hostages. If you're not that smart its your fault.

I'm a believer that execution rights just shouldn't exist. Instead, it should be replaced by common sense, people don't go around acting edgy and capturing/torturing others for no apparent reasons and if they still do that then don't kill your hostages if they are playing along and delivering good RP. The same goes the other way when you get captured by a group of people just don't act like a fucking minge and smart talk the guys that have a gun to your head and don't give them a reason to just kill you. Pretty simple really.

Now if we're talking about group wars, I mean if you have assaulted/declared war on a group and you expect them not to kill you, then I don't know what is wrong with you really. Don't want to get executed, then don't give people reasons to execute you.

TL;DR - Use common sense.

Nihoolious    1118

I'm a believer that execution rights just shouldn't exist. Instead, it should be replaced by common sense, people don't go around acting edgy and capturing/torturing others for no apparent reasons and if they still do that then don't kill your hostages if they are playing along and delivering good RP. The same goes the other way when you get captured by a group of people just don't act like a fucking minge and smart talk the guys that have a gun to your head and don't give them a reason to just kill you. Pretty simple really.

Now if we're talking about group wars, I mean if you have assaulted/declared war on a group and you expect them not to kill you, then I don't know what is wrong with you really. Don't want to get executed, then don't give people reasons to execute you.

Preach.

I really hate people who wear rule armor when it comes to executions and hostage rp in general. Those people are worse than wh!tenames in my opinion when it comes to rp and as a result I avoid them afterwards. Which sucks because I don't want to have to avoid rp but the headache and frustration is not worth it.

Para    193

A big +1 to this. I think the burden of proof does fall on those that are executing. Claiming you've had previous hostile encounters has very little merit unless you have proof to back that up. A lot of the community records so I don't see why many groups cannot muster any form of evidence of firefights or hostage situation. As such... the burden of proof lies on those executing.

I don't understand why executions can happen without forcing the person being executed to perma death. Only then should an execution be allowed. The amount of times you bump into someone you've executed is insane, it's just awkward and kills RP.

Alex    451

+1, though if only we could trust the community with such gifts (common sense).

Zombru    25

I would have to agree with you in the fact that if they back talk you and act rowdy while being a hostage, you should have all rights to execute them. I would take it as an act of non-compliance if it's getting beyond reaction to torture and such things.

ChilliFromPrussia    65

haha, yeah these execution rights.... some guys are using this too fast and too much. i thing if a group or some guys are using these "rights" then they have to provide the evidence from MANY hostile encounters and not only a few. i also thing we need a time limit for earning these "rights", maybe a month after the first hostile encounter or something like this.

haha, yeah these execution rights.... some guys are using this too fast and too much. i thing if a group or some guys are using these "rights" then they have to provide the evidence from MANY hostile encounters and not only a few. i also thing we need a time limit for earning these "rights", maybe a month after the first hostile encounter or something like this.

I think that's pretty stupid to be honest. Like I said, don't give people reasons to execute you and then you'll be safe. If you have been antagonizing my group for a couple days and always trying to pick a fight with me, then if I can get my hands on you I'll kill you. Pretty simple really.

We need a fat 100 emoji for this, amirite?

The only problem would be that, unfortunately, common sense is not the same to everyone. I personally would like the execution rights rule to just disappear. If you want execution rights on a specific someone then you could hit them up in TS or via PMs and discuss it. Hell, might even find a better outcome.

Saradomin    360

I don't understand why executions can happen without forcing the person being executed to perma death. Only then should an execution be allowed. The amount of times you bump into someone you've executed is insane, it's just awkward and kills RP.

+1 Execution should lead to permadeath, however I do believe that execution rights could be more clear and strict. I know myself that the character i play now, i would never want to permadeath for anything, so i would want to keep out of possible executions.

Heh, if we did it like that with our current system where it's up to the player to determine if his/her character dies then nothing would happen. Like ever. Because everyone wants to be the main character of their story line and they just can't accept the fact that sometimes shit won't go their way and they might get fucked over and die. Since no one ever permas, people never think like actual human beings and care about their lives, their safety and whatnot. They act though on the radio, reveal their identity to everyone and declare war for the stupidest reasons. We need to be able to "punish" people for acting like idiots so executing them is sometimes the best way to maybe make them act more like an actual person and not this invincible walking dead character that always wins.

I like to avoid the use of execution rights... Because an entirely different topic get brought which is perma deathing. Besides, it's more fun building IC drama between each other. Let the small fish go to grow. :3

Heh, if we did it like that with our current system where it's up to the player to determine if his/her character dies then nothing would happen. Like ever. Because everyone wants to be the main character of their story line and they just can't accept the fact that sometimes shit won't go their way and they might get fucked over and die. Since no one ever permas, people never think like actual human beings and care about their lives, their safety and whatnot. They act though on the radio, reveal their identity to everyone and declare war for the stupidest reasons. We need to be able to "punish" people for acting like idiots so executing them is sometimes the best way to maybe make them act more like an actual person and not this invincible walking dead character that always wins.

Sometimes I think we have too much control over our characters. If there is valid RP reason for someone to scar you, they should be able to. IF there is valid reason to execute (like, a long history) then they should be able to execute and permadeath. All these rules that protect characters from other people just kill the flow of RP for both sides imo.

Rose    143

Sometimes I think we have too much control over our characters. If there is valid RP reason for someone to scar you, they should be able to. IF there is valid reason to execute (like, a long history) then they should be able to execute and permadeath. All these rules that protect characters from other people just kill the flow of RP for both sides imo.

Personally, Ill only allow perma scaring or the chance of permadeath IF the RP is good enough. I'm the type of person though who also RPs out injuries and medical RP 9 times out of 10. When it comes to scars and permaing though it needs to have a good RP reasoning and amazing RP leading up to it or I just see no point to it personally. I also don't think that anyone should be FORCED to permadeath a character, as someone who was pressured to permadeath a character in another community I know how much it sucks for someone to try to force that and it really makes it no longer enjoyable IMO. Permadeath should always be up to the player but at the same time people really do need to start RPing reasonably, acting with some fear for their lives otherwise its just disappointing on both sides.

ChilliFromPrussia    65

but if u execute someone after the (i dont know) third hostile encounter he must forget everything about this encounter, if this person dont permadeath his char he plays his char in the same way like before, so why not teach him a leason without killing him, maybe his char changed and he is scared about the next encounter with you, maybe this happend not so quickly because this char has a problem with his anger or something like this [like my char sergey :D] but i think this is a better way as fast executions.

Para    193

-snip-

I can see what you're saying, but i think the big problem is when people execute and then act like nothing happened. A lot of rpers do rp out an injury from a fight, a hostage situation etc.

I personally think the biggest problem in relation so reducing the flow of the rp is the fact that a lot of people get executed and act like nothing happened. Like, you've just been shot. Granted it's impossible to really rp out a gunshot to the head but the compromise could be you've been shot in the abdomen etc. Then it's still plausible that you'd be alive.

swilly    13

-snip-

I can see what you're saying, but i think the big problem is when people execute and then act like nothing happened. A lot of rpers do rp out an injury from a fight, a hostage situation etc.

I personally think the biggest problem in relation so reducing the flow of the rp is the fact that a lot of people get executed and act like nothing happened. Like, you've just been shot. Granted it's impossible to really rp out a gunshot to the head but the compromise could be you've been shot in the abdomen etc. Then it's still plausible that you'd be alive.

I second this, you do not need to go and forget everything once you've been excite in the non permanent sense, I think it best to go and speak to those who killed to, to see if you can further the RP and act as if you managed to survive the gunshot.

Personally, Ill only allow perma scaring or the chance of permadeath IF the RP is good enough. I'm the type of person though who also RPs out injuries and medical RP 9 times out of 10. When it comes to scars and permaing though it needs to have a good RP reasoning and amazing RP leading up to it or I just see no point to it personally. I also don't think that anyone should be FORCED to permadeath a character, as someone who was pressured to permadeath a character in another community I know how much it sucks for someone to try to force that and it really makes it no longer enjoyable IMO. Permadeath should always be up to the player but at the same time people really do need to start RPing reasonably, acting with some fear for their lives otherwise its just disappointing on both sides.

I would agree that whenever you are executed it would be better if you also perma your character. But I also agree with your statement that having your character being forced to perma after some really bad roleplay sucks. I therefore believe the best way to find a solution to problems like this is letting an executed character remember everything that led up to their death. This way your character is forced to having to deal with everything that led up to your character dying, which will make people consider which situations they get into more carefully. We have touched into the discussion on if medical roleplay should be forced. If people had to remember all the trauma their characters went trough (torture, being shot unconscious etc) then they would have to make their characters change after these events. Here is my suggestion for a rule change to fix this problem:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-DayZRP-2016-rules-draft?pid=1590502#pid1590502

Harry    18

I believe that executions rights should only be allowed for official groups who are at war because then it would be easier to proof if they are valid or not. But personally i am against execution rights as it ends the rp and makes you forget things which is only bad for story developing.

Mianera    0

I don't fully understand this. So you can be executed (AKA shot in the back of the head and have your brain splattered all over) then respawn and continue playing the same character?

What if you run into whoever executed you like 30min later, how are you supposed to RP that? "Oh, hi again. Luckily I had this duct tape on me and managed to McGyver my brain back together" Eeeeeehr... o_O No offense intended to anyone, but I think you see my point?

I don't fully understand this. So you can be executed (AKA shot in the back of the head and have your brain splattered all over) then respawn and continue playing the same character?

What if you run into whoever executed you like 30min later, how are you supposed to RP that? "Oh, hi again. Luckily I had this duct tape on me and managed to McGyver my brain back together" Eeeeeehr... o_O No offense intended to anyone, but I think you see my point?

Yeah, you can do exactly that. And bumping into that character at a later point will most definitely happen sooner or later.