Server time: 2017-10-19, 00:17
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
isocade

Questions about Scripted Filming

Question

isocade    90

I'm doing a project utilizing DayZRP that is centered around a script and having lots of folks involved. I have some questions regarding it.

1: Where would I go to contact random players to get involved if necessary? Post in Events section?

2: There's a scene in which there is combat. If people are shot or killed, I know it shows up in the logs. Will we get in trouble if people involved in the filming get accidentally shot? We're trying to avoid hitting people but we can only hope for DayZ game mechanics to be reliable.

2a: Is an initiation required for this? It's not a video showing the RP mechanics but rather supposed to be a cinematic sort of deal.

3: Do Administrators/Gamemasters know what OOC days it will rain in DayZ? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that the map has two settings for weather, one in which rain is present sometimes and another in which rain is not present. This supposedly changes with restarts/different days?

4: In the event someone accidentally dies in the filming, are they allowed to return to the location despite NLR being in effect?

5: What server is allowed for this to be done on? There's only two now.

3 answers to this question

Dishes    159

I'm doing a project utilizing DayZRP that is centered around a script and having lots of folks involved. I have some questions regarding it.

1: Where would I go to contact random players to get involved if necessary? Post in Events section?

2: There's a scene in which there is combat. If people are shot or killed, I know it shows up in the logs. Will we get in trouble if people involved in the filming get accidentally shot? We're trying to avoid hitting people but we can only hope for DayZ game mechanics to be reliable.

2a: Is an initiation required for this? It's not a video showing the RP mechanics but rather supposed to be a cinematic sort of deal.

3: Do Administrators/Gamemasters know what OOC days it will rain in DayZ? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that the map has two settings for weather, one in which rain is present sometimes and another in which rain is not present. This supposedly changes with restarts/different days?

4: In the event someone accidentally dies in the filming, are they allowed to return to the location despite NLR being in effect?

5: What server is allowed for this to be done on? There's only two now.

1: General discussion would be the place to do it.

2: Well... if they decide to report it, then yes. You must remember if you are filming this on the DayZRP servers, DayZRP rules all apply, so if someone were to report it then yes. But from the sounds of it, I'd recommend doing this all on pubs really, maybe just gather some people and then have everyone meet on some public server.

2a: If it's OOCly agreed upon, then no, you wouldn't technically need an initiation, again however, if you are reported then the fact that there was no initiation could very well be used against you.

3: I'm fairly certain it's just random, if you're wanting to record it in the rain I highly doubt the server will be switched to rainy for it.

4: No, because you are on DayZRP servers, all of our rules apply.

5: Probably either server would do, but honestly, again I'd recommend you doing this on pubs.

Shark    0

Dishes makes the good point in #5.

Do it on pubs and the most of the rest of your questions are eliminated.

MapleMooses    0

Everything Dishes stated above is correct.

Although I'd like to add for #2, because it is important - All community rules apply, always. You must get permission from everyone involved OOC and state there is a chance of death.

I would not recommend doing this in a high populated area. If you are planning on doing this for YouTube videos then a public server sounds like it would be the best option for you to avoid any issues.

/solved