Server time: 2017-08-21, 12:19

Sign in to follow this  

Gameception

Question

two weird questions that I have to get off my mind.

Did DayZ exist in DayZRP universe?

Can you roleplay as thinking that you are in a game? (People do think that in real life)

8 answers to this question

Technically, I guess it would. But obviously I'd have to advise against bringing up stuff like this, as it's been used in game as an excuse for bad RP/trolling. I can recall a case of someone claiming to be a professional CSGO player in a report.

edit: Found it. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Baiting-and-TrollRP-Kabinino

Roach    1548

I would strongly advise against this in this game.

This game should not exists in it's own universe... if that makes sense lol

It's like when zombie shows/movies never seem to acknowledge that zombie movies ever existed. It's all new to them for some odd reason.

They never know that they have to shoot em in the head at first lmao.

Dishes    159

I was fairly certain I've heard this question brought up before, and thought the answer was that there was no DayZ video game in the DayZRP universe, just to keep from talking about it in game because... well it can get weird. I don't really think you can RP being in a video game either, because you actually are in a video game, and it would probably break a lot of immersion and seem trolly, despite some people actually thinking this irl.

Castiel    1124

Would just seem trolly and like you're going OOC in VOIP. There are plenty of other things to roleplay out.

Talking about DayZ is not something I would recommend roleplaying. It should realistically not be a rule break since the game was published early access 2013. However, people might consider it bad roleplay and trolling. Same goes for thinking you are in a game. It is allowed since many characters already have much worse things they believe in, but I won't encourage it.

I mean stuff like this usually ends in trolling reports. Like you could technically RP an edgy memelord from 2012. By you would probably get reported

The Buddha    23

Since the game's SA launch and the timeline of the DayzRP lore are minimal in difference, I would assume that in the DayzRP universe the release of Dayz SA is the infection. Be it the virus being concocted before trial infection or the actual mutation of an animal borne disease that has grown to be able to infect humans, whatever the reason the infection is what it is, well then Dayz the game would have to technically be the world. Like a skewed tangent of the space time continuum where Dayz is released in our timeline, but in the DayzRP timeline the release of the "game" was actually the very origins of the virus.

As for the second question. I have to agree with those before me. It would seem rather trolly to pretend to be in a computer game. A better option would be to live in a fantasy world, within your character's head. That way if something is going wrong, you can bitch and whine that "That's not supposed to happen like that! I am a fucking Princess! Where are my servants? My father will hear of this you wretched clown!" Or you know, stuff to that effect.

Yup, thanks for opinions! /solved