Server time: 2017-08-17, 09:58

Sign in to follow this  
Finn

Farewell from Finn

Finn    76

I've been holding this back for quite a while and after taking a break from gaming as a whole I have finally decided to say farewell to the community itself, and yes I actually mean it this time. There are many reasons why I'll be taking a break from the community, and I'm going to let you know what I'll be doing during my time away.

What I'll be doing

Not a lot of people know that I'm actually a Reservist (Part Time) in the Canadian Forces and actually joined when I was the minimum age of 16 for my first actual job aside from volunteering at many places. Ever since I was in Grade 7 I've been drawing guns, some of which I can draw completely from memory. So, because of my aspiration of working with firearms I chose to be a Weapon Technician. I've always had an interest in the career in weaponry and this was my chance to follow that dream... and so I've recently decided to apply to transfer to the Regular Forces (Full time) now that I dropped college. Until then I'll be pretty busy working at many different places.

Now that I will be working before my transfer goes through I have decided to buy my own car with the money I have left after paying for a year of college since I'll probably be traveling to many places. The car I bought is something I cherish more than anything else I own and I plan on spending a lot of money making it look nice on both the inside and out. It is already fast enough to my liking and drifts like a dream so I don't think I'll be upgrading the engine for a while.

Anyways, here she is.. My BMW E36

[align=left]300x220http://i.imgur.com/vdjoBMs.jpg[/img]

(low-key bragging about my car, although it probably sucks)

Thank you all

It's been a good 10 months since I came back into this community after being motivated to play again after Roach's Tony Moretti - DayZRP Series and it's been great. I've had great times with many members of the community, some of them were on my side and some of them happened to be enemies, but our interactions were very memorable and great! There would be too many people to list on here  so I'll try my best to get you all. Descendants, Bunny, Disco Soup Can, Castiel, Sylvester Todd, Lyca, Boston, Siorreski, Pinky, Samurai, Frosty, Cowboy, The Pagans, Phoenix, ThatRyanGuy + Outrun, The Unchained, JimRP, TheEvilFlea and Roach. 

I probably missed a bunch so forgive me.

[align=left]But there is something that I have to say

[align=left]Not to be salty but there is some RP that I encounter that encounter which I particularly don't enjoy, which is partially my fault playing as a blind teen who gives away free stuff, but I've seen quite a big trend where the same characters the seem to have no correlation at all with the goals of a new group join it and coincidentally have the same members as the groups they were a part of in the past. I know your character is a hostile character and like to hostileRP but it makes it obvious that they are only there for gear. Because to be honest you shouldn't go around robbing people because your group goals say so and you are against those people enslaving and torturing people for resisting then joining a group with the ideas you were just against.

[align=left]Also to those who enslave people, in my honest opinion making people to boring repetitive tasks like picking apples, "Cleaning things up" or bringing something from point A 10 meters over to point B is pretty boring especially with little to no interaction with those that enslaved you for up to 10 minutes at a time so it doesn't really compensate me in RP in any way. In other words making someone a pack mule, gladiator or "punching bag" would be much more interactive and less boring than repetitive tasks and I myself would actually find that more worthwhile.

Laptop troubles

[align=left]I was literally planning on coming back to the community in a week, but my Laptop decided to shit it's pants. I've had it for about three years and I've been using this thing for DayZRP when I joined in 2014 and actually played just before we switched from Mod to Standalone. It has already been falling apart by itself and one System32's files is now corrupted, I might be able to fix it easily but I'm just plain tired of this laptop already. Hopefully, once I decide to come back into the community I will instead have an incredibly powerful computer instead of a potato that gets 8-20 frames on super low graphics. But since I have no way of actually playing DayZ, I have no choice but to leave.

So....

Anyways, I hope to see you all when I find it's time to come back. Until then, farewell!

I just have to sneak a meme in here...

600x300http://i.imgur.com/fRKiILK.jpg[/img]

(sorry if the meme above offends anyone I just find it a trend that everyone who chooses to wear 

clown masks (Clown or not) tends to be insane)

We didn't talk a lot while you were in the clowns, but honestly I wish the best for you, take good care of yourself.

Sad to see you go Finn. Always loved your RP and you're one of the best teen/child RP'ers in this community :)

Come back when you can buddy. I'll be here waiting for you ;)

Magnus    24

As a fellow reservist who is likely to follow you in joining the regular forces I wish you the best of luck in our nation's military! Hope your transfer goes smoothly bud and awesome car man, take care!

Phoenix    1034

noooooooooooo :(

Why? 3

Please don't go... :(

Jamie    1173

I remember when you were a nooby going by the name of Alek and posted a load of dupe threads. Had some fun times, shame to see you leave.

Goku    61

o7 Take care man

Look after yourself Finn, thanks for the good times and hope to see you around whenever you decide to return

o7 mate

Your car is goals tbh

Good luck in the big real world man

Finn    76

Thanks everyone, I really wish I could stay.

Bye. Have a good one.

*robs everyone he sees. Picks up zero gear* *mind blown*

Good luck Finn! Don't be a stranger. :)

DarkSide    229

Late dude.

Bowser    45

Stay hilarious my dude. Will miss seeing you in Kab. You're a good bloke and a funny dude and I'm sure you'll enjoy everything you do.

o7 My hero.

Ramon    330

Take care buddy!

I always liked your RP! <3

Bye Finn, take care! :)