Server time: 2017-08-19, 13:13

Sign in to follow this  

The Battle of Rify

MRzlKMa.png

2016-10-15 23:00 server time

Gv4ANFU.png

Vlad was walking in the empty streets of the Svetlojarsk. He was hungry and didn’t eat for a few days already. He went into the empty market and started searching through the food stands. He didn’t find anything eatable and started to head out of the shop. He noticed someone moving towards him. He squinted his eyes to make sure that the person wasn’t another cursed infected. It was a human. Another sane living being. Vlad was about to run towards him until he thought about it twice. He decided to ambush this man and get some food. Maybe this man wasn’t good and would kill him. As the man approached he hid in the corner behind few boxes. The stranger approached a shelf near Vlad so he decided to jump on him. It was now or never. Vlad swung his wooden bat at the man’s arm and he started to scream out of pain. He didn’t hesitate to finish the man and swung one more time. The stranger evaded and kicked Vlad into the chest. He fell on the stairs and the mysterious man pulled out a gun and aimed at him. “Why?” he asked Vlad. “For survival. For food. I don’t know… Just end me here…” The stranger lowered the gun and smiled “You could’ve asked. I have plenty of food” he pulled out a red metal can of spaghetti and tossed it towards him “My name is Joe, yours?” “Vlad”. This is where they met and this is where their friendship started. They started to survive together, to fight together, to live together.

A lot of time has passed since then. Vlad and Joe met a lot of new people and made new friends. They decided to get more people for better chances of survival. Quite a few people joined their ranks and they were living a good life, hunting, fishing, having fun. People from the group started to ask for the name and decided to make an ideology for their group. Joe stated that they should be friendly to other groups, share food and guns. On the other hand Vlad said that they should be more focused on each other. They shouldn’t share anything and rob people. The group started to split apart. One people joined Vlad and other people joined Joe…

Vlad didn’t think that it was enough just to leave. He decided to destroy the opposing group. One night he moved few people towards their hideout near Krasnostav and captured a man from the opposing group. They took him to Rify and kept him there. He decided to send one man to give the letter. Once Joe acknowledged this he instantly moved his force towards them…

3mdCeKg.png

Vlad's group

Donny Buscemi

Joe's group

Ben Dory

The negotiators

People that are trying to stop this blood shed and make the groups agree on leaving each other.

EsKyW8y.png

Rify

[spoiler=Location and how it looks]

JyjSiHB.png

TkBwBme.jpg

WARNING: beware of the stairs; many players have walked all the way up only to walk right off the edge

Schedule

1. Vlad's group take the hostage or hostages from the hideout of Joe's group.

2. Both groups keep role playing. Vlad takes his hostage to Rify and Joe starts to notice that he's gone and sends a search party. 

3.Vlad sends one of his men to send the message. Joe decides if he wants to capture the man or he wants to let him go.

4.Joe sends his force towards Rify. While Vlad is roleplaying with the hostage.

5.Joe approaches the ship and asks people to come out. There might be "trade" between the groups or other negotiations. Random civilians might be trying to help the trade to happen.

6. If negotiations won't work (They probably won't) PVP happens.

7. The winning part roleplays with the prisoners executing them in the end. They might attempt to fall back and strike again.

Rules

1. General DayZRP rules like KOS, RDM, NVFL, NLR.

2. No ghillies or super soldier clothing.

3. You cannot kill any hostages. You have to disarm people so bring ropes and handcuffs.

4. No teamspeak.

RawEtV8.png

To join in you must comment a message with this. The event will not happen if there won't be many people

Which group you want to join:
Why do you want to join this group:
Why do you want to join this event:
Will you play the whole event (1-1,5 hrs):
DayZRP profile link:

LoneStarrr    84

This seems like a pretty interesting and solid idea. Personally, I would like a bit more of a fleshed out backstory but, as you said, it isn't absolutely necessary. Good luck with this, I might even join up.

If you're going to make an event it'd be nice to see a bit of effort put into it. And I hope the "black water" and "White fire" names are placeholders.

This seems like the prison break event but without a backstory. Not trying to be a dick but there isn't really anything different with this event than a random dynamic hostage situation, except that it's staged.

If you're going to make an event it'd be nice to see a bit of effort put into it. And I hope the "black water" and "White fire" names are placeholders.

This seems like the prison break event but without a backstory. Not trying to be a dick but there isn't really anything different with this event than a random dynamic hostage situation, except that it's staged.

Yea. They're place holders. This is more for new people who hadn't experienced these things. I don't get where the prison break part is? But in general this is just a start and I will be building up everything from ideas of people. So thank you!

Yea. They're place holders. This is more for new people who hadn't experienced these things. I don't get where the prison break part is? But in general this is just a start and I will be building up everything from ideas of people. So thank you!

There was a prison break event that had these parameters on prison island, but fleshed out with a backstory, more content, more things to do.

Starting with prisoners (Including a VIP) who start RP'ing as such with the prison guards only for a rescue attempt to be conducted. Granted, there were a few mistakes by the people organizing it and some people participating so it didn't go as originally planned. 

But overall, look for that event and use it as inspiration to make this event contain something.. more.

Beni    680

Not trying to be a dick but there isn't really anything different with this event than a random dynamic hostage situation, except that it's staged.

+1 To this mate...

Maybe, a more detailed storyline? Or more things to do... Because to me this kind of look's live more of a PVP event than an RP Event, because lets face it... I don't think people are going to comply once they're initiated on.

Not trying to be a dick but there isn't really anything different with this event than a random dynamic hostage situation, except that it's staged.

+1 To this mate...

Maybe, a more detailed storyline? Or more things to do... Because to me this kind of look's live more of a PVP event than an RP Event, because lets face it... I don't think people are going to comply once they're initiated on.

Yup. Thanks for the ideas. Gonna go write the lore. Get more things to do.

Castiel    1124

I agree with above. I feel like it has potential but needs a bit of work. I'd take part though once it's been fleshed out!

LoneStarrr    84

No ghillie because?

From what I can gather it seems that he wants this to be more of survivors v. survivors rather than people in full on military gear going at it as he also stated that he did not want super soldiers. Ghillie suits are the majority of the time associated with military so this is the most likely reason they are prohibited. Some people make the link between Ghillie suits and hunters, but if you are hunting, a ghillie suit is the usually just overkill. While hunting, a man is trying to hide from an animal which can be quite easily done by using some simple camo and masking your scent. In the military, however, the people that use ghillie suits are using them because they are trying to hide from someone whose whole purpose is to find them and kill them. Kinda going too far into this, but yeah, from what I can gather, this is why ghillie suits are prohibited.

I heavily updated the schedule. The event will take long. This is hostage rescue event. It was planned to be so in the first place. Please more criticism where I can improve :)

I mean it's an idea, at least it's something, but it seems like it's so cut and dry. A basic shoot 'em up event that will be fun for a few hours, but nothing really substantial. I don't think really you have to do any more work than needed for an event that's going to be done in an hour or two. I doubt most will appreciate a lore for it anyways.

GaryCash    23

Looks fun. I like the no-Teamspeak part

+1 to this, it really adds to it I think

I mean it's an idea, at least it's something, but it seems like it's so cut and dry. A basic shoot 'em up event that will be fun for a few hours, but nothing really substantial. I don't think really you have to do any more work than needed for an event that's going to be done in an hour or two. I doubt most will appreciate a lore for it anyways.

Truth. It's made for a few hours in the first place.

DocofPinewood    32

Sounds great, I may join in if i'm not working that day.

I'll participate, like Post said though. People wouldn't really appreciate a lore for it but it'd defiantly be fun.

One issue I'd see, however, is the negotiator standpoints. Not sure how recruitment for this is to be managed, but in my eyes, there no real value for somebody nobody knows in either group. To be real, people will come for the fight.

The hostage may be let go for near to nothing, or be set free for an extremely unreasonable price.

The factions ought to be actual groups in game that have been warring and the negotiators and hostages ought to be members of those actual group to give it a sense of value.

An issue that arises with this, however, is the fact that people will be forced to create a character that the leader of the factions approve of for it to make IC sense.

So really, if the intention for this to be a pvp event it ought to just be a basic secure the hostage.

If it is meant to be rp/pvp OP should find some groups willing to take part and extend the time given for people to make characters the leaders would approve of.

Just Danny's opinion though, only worth as much as a packet of mac n' cheese. Amiright?

This kind of reminds me of that one event where people set up a slave auction and it was bodyguards verses the liberators, while it was a fun event there were some unfortunate accidents and heavy server lag which led things into chaos. Hope that doesn't happen in this event though, anyway best of luck to ya.

SpicyBoi    0

Which group you want to join:Vlad

Why do you want to join this group:I like being evil

Why do you want to join this event:It sounds fun

Will you play the whole event (1-1,5 hrs):yes

DayZRP profile link:http://www.dayzrp.com/usercp.php

p.s. Im new to dayzrp but very excited to play

Ezio012103    8

-snip-

Which group you want to join: Vlad's Group.

Why do you want to join this group: I've never really used a bad character and I want to start.

Why do you want to join this event:  It sounds fun.

Will you play the whole event (1-1,5 hrs):  Most Likely, yeah.

DayZRP profile link: http://www.dayzrp.com/User-Ezio012103 

Edited by Ezio012103

Changed the date because of some other plans!

this stuff looks mint my dude.

Everything I make looks mint