Server time: 2017-08-22, 22:46

Sign in to follow this  
iBUYCHOWDER

Initiating on Vehicles

iBUYCHOWDER    54

Sorry about this post just kinda venting off some steam here.

But over the last week or so I've been driving vehicles all over the place and it has been enjoyable don'y get me wrong, but I've had people on the road pass by and mumble something that I cant hear over the engine. Now some of you will say OOC just turn down your effects but i like my effects up so I can listen to people properly when I campfire RP and don't like to turn it down. But right as they mumble something and I cant hear them so i just continue to drive off and they immediately proceede to shoot me out of the vehicle. If I recal in the rules its stated that if you want to initiate on a vehicle you need to use Voip and text comms to the people in the vehicle otherwise they might not hear you, which is the case on my end. If you do text it out to tell me to stop then I will, if not I will most likely ignore you since I can't hear you speak over the engine and other passengers I might have in the vehicle aswell.

tAqAYpz.png

Here is a direct quote from the rules about this for some people that might have forgotten about.

If this happens as often as you make it sound, then report it. Everyone always has the right to make a report if they think a rule has been broken.

iBUYCHOWDER    54

Well with me with enough skill to dirve a car they have yet to hit me inside the vehicle and since I don't stop to see who they are there no way to find out who does it.

I put it in off topic since I was technically blowing some steam about this and thought this will be the best place for it still good for some people to remember some rules.

Skinner    440

If you VOIP initiate on a vehicle but DON'T text initiate and proceed to shoot at the occupants, you are a fucking idiot.

Is there any chance they were just shooting at the vehicle for dramatic effect? I've done that before, but only when the occupants knew damn well it was me firing and why I was firing.

If you VOIP initiate on a vehicle but DON'T text initiate and proceed to shoot at the occupants, you are a fucking idiot.

Is there any chance they were just shooting at the vehicle for dramatic effect? I've done that before, but only when the occupants knew damn well it was me firing and why I was firing.

You shoot at vehicles passing by for dramatic effect........? oh boy...

Well Chowder, if you ever get hit, or someone with you gets hit, or anything happens to show logs I would report it.

Skinner    440

Well Chowder, if you ever get hit, or someone with you gets hit, or anything happens to show logs I would report it.

Only twice! It's not something I do every time a car rolls by. Only when I know the occupants very well and there are very strong RP reasons, never with the intention to actually hit or kill them or disable the vehicle.

Only twice! It's not something I do every time a car rolls by. Only when I know the occupants very well and there are very strong RP reasons, never with the intention to actually hit or kill them or disable the vehicle.

You shooting at them without initiation could lead to some reports, be careful.

Davos    5

I can see why you would need to vent it off. I will always hate vehicle initiations, but then again I dislike most hostile activity because maybe 1:5 time times it is worth my time and entertaining, the rest is the bare minimum crap. I remember getting robbed three times in a row one day, with barely a trace of rp from any of them, and they kept hitting right after I restocked up on supplies to make it through another hour or two.

I rarely if ever see a worthwhile vehicle initiation unless someone drives through a group's territory.

Skinner    440

You shooting at them without initiation could lead to some reports, be careful.

appreciate your concern but I really can't make this any more clear. I've only ever done this with people I know VERY well, meaning they also know me VERY well, meaning we would not both know what was going on and would not report each other even if we smoked each other at point blank range we'd know it was for good RP and be fine with it.

Anyway, regardless of my throwaway comment my actually point still stands. If you open fire on someone in a vehicle and you DIDN'T text initiate, you're an idiot. (Unless you had already done so before they were in the vehicle)

Mercy    504

My favourite time was hearing one guy mumble and saying bitch and the other saying hooligan but I had no idea what they were on about.

iBUYCHOWDER    54

Is there any chance they were just shooting at the vehicle for dramatic effect?

Well about 3 hours ago when the last bad initiation happened when i was in a vehicle i was traveling past Stary and see 2 people on the road they said something coudn't hear properly so just passed them and they said something else and pointed their guns at me and my friend in the truck when were about 50m away from them and then they started shooting. So in this situation they did want to initiate on us but did it badly.

I Just hope from this post people will remember and learn so next time i see someone on the road while i'm or someone else is driving just using voip and then shooting will be valid for pvp. Yes typing takes time and by the time the vehicle comes it will be gone, well vehicles are loud enough you should hear them a mile away and get a text initiation ready if you want to do it.

Also if a car is speeding past you at full speed it's not worth it just leave it and find another unsuspecting victim to go after (IMO).

William    398

Getting initiating on while you're in a car can be annoying especially when you have a cargo and there's 7 people in the back. However, if done correctly (text initiation + voip) I don't have an issue with it.

Getting initiated on by the northern alliance while in that V3S full of plantation members lead to one of the best RP sessions I've ever had.

DarkSide    234

I mean yes you are correct. As much as it sucks getting only VOIP while driving in a car there isn't much you can do.

I understand your problem and your "rant" I have had many times where all I got was VOIP and was lit up like a Chrismas tree. That's why I only have a few people in a far (if we have one) so that if we do get this we can deal with it. It sucks but you'll have to drive as fast as your can and hope you don't smash in a tree.

Jester    48

If I personally am driving and I don't see the text initiation I just keep driving.  If they shoot me, I take it to the forums. They should know the rules

Also shout out to people who walk in front of a speeding Car at the last second to stop me when I have no ability to slow down or stop.

What is the opinion of the community on that?   If someone walks in front of me and I physically can't stop due to driving 100km+.  Is it my fault they died or are they just committing NVFL?  

Just curious as I have had to do a lot of high speed dodging of people when they attempt a daring stop.

If I personally am driving and I don't see the text initiation I just keep driving.  If they shoot me, I take it to the forums. They should know the rules

Also shout out to people who walk in front of a speeding Car at the last second to stop me when I have no ability to slow down or stop.

What is the opinion of the community on that?   If someone walks in front of me and I physically can't stop due to driving 100km+.  Is it my fault they died or are they just committing NVFL?  

Just curious as I have had to do a lot of high speed dodging of people when they attempt a daring stop.

I'm almost certain that if you run over someone while driving on the road, it is not the drivers fault.

I love when people stand on the road in an attempt to get me to stop. I'm doing 60 through Stary and people jump into the middle of the road and expect me to stop so they can write out their text initiation? Nah homie, I'm gunning it.

Buddy    856

I love when people stand on the road in an attempt to get me to stop. I'm doing 60 through Stary and people jump into the middle of the road and expect me to stop so they can write out their text initiation? Nah homie, I'm gunning it.

^ ^ ^ this is basically whats going through my mind... i mean ive had moments where im full speed in a v3s and people out of nowhere just yell at me to stop... like.. these things dont stop on a dime. so even when ive attempted an immediate full stop, ive been shot at because i didnt stop quick enough to their standards.. simply because the truck was completely incapable of doing so -_-

Meh. I always initiate via text. Even on foot.

Dishes    159

This is the rule as it currently stands;

99a27feb3bd38d5d7563498e25c722f3.png

And this is the new draft of the rule for the future;

7ac6d2b6ece24a1ff9a812fc31c49c12.png

So as you can see, initiating through text is always required to properly initiate on a vehicle. If someone fails to do so, only using voip and then proceeds to shoot at you, it can be seen as an invalid initiation. Unless they actually hit you or any of your occupants, then I don't believe there will be any logs to actually show who was firing at you, so there wouldn't be much evidence to go off of but you are welcome to make a report anyways if you feel a rule has been broken. 

Now as for randomly firing at a vehicle for "spice", this can be seen as RDM if ever reported. I know you said it was people you already knew, but just for future reference. 

Also for those who just jump out in front of a moving vehicle, yes, I would see that as NVFL because you would never actually do this in real life because... well you'll obviously be hit.