Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:34
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Md6199

Consoles?

Md6199    0

I made a post about this a year ago http://www.dayzrp.com/t-xbox-or-ps4-rp but the it seemed no one is on board And I just wanted to check in if there was any other discussion about this since then that dayzrp will move to other things In my stand point I have a ps4 and a xbox 1 and most people on console never seen Rp and I see people all the time try to make a cop unit on gta but moral of the story when dayzrp comes to console it could most likely be a success and make dayzrp more profit and a better community or it may fail and a lot of resources and time will be put to waste just for that move which I understand but in my eyes I see it being a great success and about everybody is so hype on console to play dayz I just hope the develops give more info soon when it will being going on other systems but what are your plans so far or thoughts on this?

Mental    0

DayZ will not work on a console, the game and servers are way too demanding. The devs saying that they will port dayz to console was just unbelievably ridiculous considering the state and development speed of the game, which was Aug 2014.

Md6199    0

DayZ will not work on a console, the game and servers are way too demanding. The devs saying that they will port dayz to console was just unbelievably ridiculous considering the state and development speed of the game, which was Aug 2014.

I can see why Im just bring up the point if the servers were fine and everything fell of what you guys wanted in the near future can It have a light of being talked about I mean trust me I agree bring a pre alpha game on other systems is going to be a living nightmare haha but maybe give it some time I just want to see people being open to it

Roosky    0

I'm completely open to the idea, but from a technical standpoint it just isn't going to work. The amount of keybindings in this game severely outnumber what is available on a controller, on top of that, DayZ is already demanding enough, and until the enfusion engine was created, the game was an un-optimized nightmare. Not only this, even with servers situated in the US I still get pings well above 100, sometimes even 200, and with the way networking works on consoles it wouldn't be much better.

Included with this is the fact that the game was made for PC, and doing an efficient and correct port to consoles would be tough, especially considering that the Devs(correct me if I'm wrong) have only worked on PC exclusive games. Standalone only has 10 Devs working on it right now. it would also add to the developement cycle of the game because then they would also have to focus on making sure that the patches they push out work on consoles as well.

Yes if you do look up the numbers you can see that more people use consoles for their choice of gaming needs, but a controller just doesn't fit into DayZ at all, I mean have you ever tried using a controller and Xpadder for DayZ, I have, and it was terrible.

Anyways that pretty much wraps up my thoughts on the idea, I see where you are coming from, but it wouldn't be the best route for Standalone and the Dev Team. Maybe when the game hits full release in 2045 they can work on a console port, but until then, it would be bad for business.

Ramon    360

It'll port eventually. Just won't be the same game

True!

DayZ needs to stay on PC... Some games just won't work on consoles...

Bran    0

I think its one of those ideas where I will have to see it to believe it. At the minute, I am leaning towards it not being released.

Md6199    0

It'll port eventually. Just won't be the same game

True!

DayZ needs to stay on PC... Some games just won't work on consoles...

I agree it should port over when the game is done at the least

I think its one of those ideas where I will have to see it to believe it. At the minute, I am leaning towards it not being released.

They did this with ark they brought it to consoles and tbh it a good move more people play ark on consols  more then 3 times of pc players its just weird to see how dayz will tackle this