Server time: 2017-08-17, 09:58

Sign in to follow this  

CP Ranks

Should we be allowed to use IC nicknames on group CP's again?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Should we be allowed to use IC nicknames on group CP's again?

• Yes
    • No (explain)

As of today, apparently all the CP ranks need changing to something that represents some sort of Hierarchy or Role within the group, and for some groups that is fine. However other groups that are simply a bunch of friends looking out for each other or a family of some sorts do not possess a hierarchy, nor roles. 

I understand that there would be a problem with OOC Nicknames such as "Memer" or something along those lines, but IC Terms that are used in game should be fine in my opinion.

Our Group, Outrun, was told to change the names Mr. & Mrs. because it apparently doesn't give an Idea of their role within the group, when actually it tells you clearly that these people are a couple in game and possibly (if not obviously) Married.

We were also told to change "Aussies" when said rank within the group represents the Australians.

The Idea of all these ranks is to give as many people as possible a unique little rank that makes them happy, a little term or personality they may have in game. Nothing OOC. To me it simply doesn't seem fair that we are being told to change ranks to something that we aren't. A hierarchy that doesn't exist or roles that aren't applicable to us. 

Changing it to something as boring as "Member" or "Survivor" Won't give an understanding of their position within the group whatsoever, however a Term used for their habit or personality is a fun little explanation of what their characters are like.

Discuss.

I think CP ranks should be whatever you want. Not a fan of the controlling going on with this rule. If people are allowed to create their own groups, they shouldn't be told what to call their ranks.

Its a game...CP doesnt MEAN anything anymore. So, no. This is dumb.

Phoenix    1034

I just honestly don't see a point in it.

Some ranks will actually tell you what these people are like ICly, and changing it to Member because the group doesn't have some kind of hierarchy just seems extremely boring and takes away all the fun in the CP all together.

We are now stuck with trying to decide what to call those ranks, because we for sure won't instate a hierarchy in the group and our members don't have specific roles, they are just a group of buddies bound together to protect eachother. 

-1 on this weird change.

I don't understand this decision. Why does it even matter what the current CP ranks are? If they are obvious memes, then maybe, but restricting something like that is honestly ridiculous. Who was it affecting?

Name it whatever you want. No reason to start enforcing something so petty out of nowhere imo.

CP is supposed to represent the group. Each rank is supposed to represent the members in different ways, how is it 'dumb'?

It's not like CP's have any effect on IG shit and most people don't refer to themselves IG with "Ranks". I say you should be able to name it whatever you want.

Nihoolious    1092

CP ranks are all OOC since they are on the forums so I believe that they can be whatever as long as its not "offensive." I had nine dank custom ranks before today.

Nah, I think that Outrun could use a hierarchy. "Sergeant Major Ryan Robertson reporting for duty", and all that.

But seriously I don't see the issue with not having CP ranks represent some sort of hierarchy, it's not like OOC CP ranks have anything at all to do with anything in-game and therefore shouldn't have to represent much of anything, if I'm honest.

The Savages have 28 Real Ones, I wonder if they received the same message Outrun did for not representing group hierarchy. (Not calling anyone out, just an example.)

CP is supposed to represent the group. Each rank is supposed to represent the members in different ways, how is it 'dumb'?

Cause its just a 'pretty' that means it gives something under your picture, it has no purpose other than a 'pretty'. Its doesnt affect the game, or IC information whatsoever.

Phoenix    1034

I don't understand this decision. Why does it even matter what the current CP ranks are? If they are obvious memes, then maybe, but restricting something like that is honestly ridiculous. Who was it affecting?

Apparently it didn't give an Idea of what their role within the group was, at least "Mr. & Mrs." Didn't make sense or something, but "Member" does.

Never cared about groups private OOC ranks, never will.

Nah, I think that Outrun could use a hierarchy. "Sergeant Major Ryan Robertson reporting for duty", and all that.

But seriously I don't see the issue with not having CP ranks represent some sort of hierarchy, it's not like OOC CP ranks have anything at all to do with anything in-game and therefore shouldn't have to represent much of anything, if I'm honest.

The Savages have 28 Real Ones, I wonder if they received the same message Outrun did for not representing group hierarchy. (Not calling anyone out, just an example.)

Fairly sure they would have afaik, not sure.

Calling in Jimmy to post his pov

CP ranks should be whatever you want them to be. I also never understood the cap on 10 unique CP ranks but that's a completely different discussion

As long as they aren't obvious memes, I believe that CP ranks can bring personality to a group. Let's be honest who wants all the actives groups to have generic ranks such as "survivor" and "hunter"? I do not have a problem with these ranks however if every group has ranks like these or similar they lose any sort of character about the group. All the groups will become similar and boring, people can't be unique with their groups

-1 on this change? If it even is a change I have no idea

-snip

There is no hierarchy in the Savages so there's no reason to even make separate ranks. I don't think we got told, but if we do it's a bit extreme.

-snip

There is no hierarchy in the Savages so there's no reason to even make separate ranks. I don't think we got told, but if we do it's a bit extreme.

No Gods, no Kings, only Men.

Phoenix    1034

-snip

There is no hierarchy in the Savages. So there's no reason to even make separate ranks. I don't think we got told, but if we do it's a bit extreme.

You must've, because we got called out for that "Real One" Rank we gave to the Members that were in Outrun from the very start. - And had to change it.

-snip

Yeah, that was my point, haha. Outrun doesn't have much of a hierarchy either, there are two members that have some level of leadership power ICly and the rest are on the same level.

If Outrun are forced to make "Leader" and "Member" ranks and that's it, that'd be a bit extreme.

Don't agree with this at all CP ranks should be what people want to be. but of course like Mental said names like "memer" or something like that is a bit dumb. Don't agree with this change at all its not even like it effects IC its just a little flair to who people's characters are in the group.

You must've, because we got called out for that "Real One" Rank we gave to the Members that were in Outrun from the very start. - And had to change it.

I mean, why would you have a "Real One" rank? Kinda feels like a jab.

Take me back to when Saoirse had their whole CP filled with Sith Lords.

Phoenix    1034

-snip

If Outrun are forced to make "Leader" and "Member" ranks and that's it, that'd be a bit extreme.

That already happened :D

Check our CP.

I disagree with this change strongly. My reasoning is outlined pretty well by the people above.

Phoenix    1034

I mean, why would you have a "Real One" rank? Kinda feels like a jab.

It wasn't intended to be a dig at you guys, we had it for a while as sort of a way to express someone's an OG member of the group.

Sorry if it caused confusion at all Pal.