Server time: 2017-08-22, 15:04

Sign in to follow this  

Leaving without a message

This goes for all the people that hang out with groups a lot.

Now I've been leading many groups this year. From having it myself to helping it. What I have noticed is that people just leave the group without saying nothing. I think it should be common sense to message your ex-leader with something like "Sorry bro I left for this and this" and when people leave without doing that it just makes you worry on where are they and what happened. If you control a group of 20 people and above it's hard to notice it and the thread has unnecessary players in it. What do you think about this? 

I guess it's a nice thing to do, but was a thread needed?

DarkSide    234

I mean people leaving without saying anything is pretty common. I have had it happen to me many times. Nothing you can really do about it as people do what they want.

Yes. For a discussion. I wan't to hear other people opinions.

I mean its general discussion, and im sure people will discuss it, generally speaking.

Meh, depends. Whenever I've left groups I've been transparent with it, but can't expect people to do what you would expect or want. Really tho, dunno what discussion you really want from this but gl anyway.

After all this is a game. And interest towards a game can drop like a bad habit. I know I used to have friends in some specific games and I just stopped playing the game and haven't thought about them after that. This community we have isn't such a big deal to some people.

If one leaves without a word then that would speak for how they had to say would it not? If they had made friends, enjoyed their time, etc etc they would probably be more obliged to pipe up. However this is understandable in larger groups where making sure everyone is accounted for just is not possible, so while irritable at times its just something that you have to shrug off.

Osaka    15

Some people simply leave because they want to without having a gigantic drama fest attached to it.

Also there's this guy;

RAcDyeM.jpg

Love Nectar    38

I agree with osaka, sometimes people want to avoid making a fuss and it can sometimes come across quite arrogant and rude when you announce you are leaving even if you do not intend it that way. Though i see your point of view also i think it just comes down to people having the courtesy for the other members of the group and perhaps a simple " Im leaving for RP reasons" or something along those lines would make a lot of sense without having to cause drama or point out issues with the group.

Goku    61

Whenever I've left a group I've always given the leader a message with a reason. Just makes their lives so much easier.

Personally, I won't accept someone who has applied to my group if they have left another group without having a talk with their former group leader. It's just good manners!

Can't really blame it on the size of the group. No matter if you have 5 or 20 members, the leader should have full control of their members.

Ramon    342

In my personal view I don't see a problem.

Some people will leave a leaving message behind and others don't.

It's a choice... And it's depending from person to person.

If you really like to have a reason why the person left you can always poke him/her or send a PM.

This does happen, and it's a bit rude when someone just ups and goes without a word but I mean, people will be people and as chummy as it is to do this. What can we do?

I mean, it's the internet. People aren't always going to act maturely and with respect for one another. There's no way to enforce it either. Apart from that, maybe you aren't an easy person to approach? They may not feel comfortable telling it to your face so it's easier to just slip out the back door before you wake up.

The Buddha    23

It all depends on the reason they are leaving. Maybe it's to join another group, one not so affiliated with yours, so leaving quietly will probably be better for them than telling the leader of their group. Maybe they just want to take a break from the game for a while, maybe internet has gone down, or to a point where playing an online game is impossible. There could be so many reasons not to. Sure it is courteous. But when are people (in the majority) courteous?

Dishes    159

I can agree with you, I'd find it annoying if someone left the group without at the very least mentioning something to the leader privately.

Mazer    5

I feel the same. I would feel terrible if I just clicked Leave Group CP without a word.

Buddy    854

It's only my opinion, but it's common courtesy to inform your group leader or at least SOMEONE in the group to say what's going on and give a reason why... seems like a bit of a low blow to just opt out with no mentioning anything :\

If I'm not enjoying the group or the character I made for the group, I'll simply leave without saying a word. I wouldn't find it rude in the slightest if someone did that to a group I ran either. Maybe that's just me though.

People are shy, people are rude, people are assholes, its the internet, someone will always do that for different reasons, could be OOC beef, could be that the guy is ashamed or too shy to say anything, i am not against the people that leave without saying something, politeness is overrated, if a guy or girl leaves the group and announces it, i will still respect that said girl/boy, if not i would serve them with the exact same cold drink, and just ignore the existance of that person.

Mercy    504

Honestly when people say that someone has left the group and you have to do detective work to find out to edit the CP to keep it clean it becomes quite annoying. It would be at least to say common decency to at least make sure the person knows; if they join another group, the previous group owner may think that the person is backstabbing ICly if they haven't even mentioned it ICly because they left OOC reasons. Which gets even more complicated.

Phoenix    1057

With my group it's like a big family. OOC and IC. Everyone hangs out whenever they're not ingame and what not and so I can't say I've ever had to experience someone leaving without saying a word. I've had to kick many people out in the past and it also did take me 3 months to get the perfect members / roster.