Server time: 2017-08-20, 15:44

Sign in to follow this  
Simatho

Can't talk and stay in fullscreen at the same time

Question

Hello,

Since the 0.60 patch, I've been having this issue where everytime I click on my IG push-to-talk key ( CAPSLK ), he brings my game into a large window mode. I kind of look around and didn't see much about his very minor issue.

The only part is because of it, my desktop action bar is right where I would type stuff so I can't see what I write which can be annoying when I do some Text Rp.

Honestly, it's not the worst thing in life, but if anyone had the same issue, please let me know how you fixed it.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Try to turn off your sticky keys?

I also saw this fix repeated a few times.

"Check this out. Mine was doing the same thing until I made the registry change noted on this site:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/caps-lock-notification-appears-on-the-screen-when/285a5edf-eb03-4e19-93c3-63e869486180

It is because of BTTray.exe process...

Press WinKey and type "regedit" > navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Widcomm > BTConfig > General > KeyIndication

Change the value of "KeyIndication" from "1" to "0"

Reboot."

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks, I've start looking at the solutions. The one with the regedit ain't it since my value was already at 0. Though I had the process BTTray.exe which I just ended. I'll go try in-game in a couple minutes and see if it worked. Thanks already by the way!

Do you happen to use Avast antivirus?

Okay, first off, no, I don't use Avast. Now, I tried every single solution you wrote down and none of them worked, even though they were what most people had issues with. I then realized I wasn't searching for the good problems. Actually, when I click CAPSLK , it brings me in the borderless windowed mode so really there is no difference than fullscreen other than the taskbar being in the way. I just looked up ways to hide the task bar, which these young guy explains us in this video:

It's a good fix as it solves the issue with taskbar being in the way of the chat.

Thank you Maple for helping me quickly.

You can mark it as solved!

I'm glad you got it fixed! Also, thank you for posting how you fixed it. I'm sure that will be useful to others if they ever come across this problem. :)

/solved