Server time: 2017-10-23, 20:55
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Mazer

Utilising the DayZRP Chernarus Map

Mazer    5

Recently as most of us know, Rolle gave us a DayZRP map which can be found under the DayZRP tab on the forums.

With this we can edit the map with our own locations and map territories, like the N.A territory and the Blackwood territory for example which are on the map. And points of interest, like Flint Lake and the old home of the Trust(giving existing examples).

I would love to see much more use of this map. Maybe the FPR and the UEC can add their territory on the Eastern and Southern coastlines. Kabanino, and it's million other names could all be posted, Jamestown, New Paris etc etc.

I've not been here for too long and I feel there is so much history, from Mod dayz as well(not sure if that stuf would be canon) that could be put on that map for new players to explore from all the different groups and events. 

I just feel it could be filled up a lot more, and I would love to see that map packed with lore and history.

Charlo    0

It's there and most people know about it, I do agree it would be nice to see this used more. However the feature hasn't been out a long time. I think just give it some time.

Alex    465

I do hope it gets utilised more soon, its a great feature.

GreekGodx    150

I like the map as well. Looking at the features for it, I am surprised not many people have used it. Although, it is really up to the group if they want to showcase their location.

Ramon    360

To be honest I am not suprised.

You can take the map IC and people just don't like giving their posistions away to others.

I hope people will use it of course. It is a nice feature for DayZRP!

LoneStarrr    84

I really like the idea overall, I believe it is really cool and very helpful to newcomers/returning members in particular. I agree with you that lots more should be added, but I would say give it time. More and more people will add more (hopefully) to the map as things progress. I mean, I doubt there are too many people who are active on the forums that have missed it so as of right now, I think it's just that the story needs to be built up before things can be added.

Now, on the topic of having things from the Mod days on there, I do not believe this is possible. This map is meant to be taken IC for players now on Standalone. If I'm not mistaken, when we made the transfer from Mod to SA, it was made quite clear that the Mod and SA lore would remain separate as the Mod was considered much further along than SA would be. SA was meant to be a fresh start for players and groups alike with the infection having just started. This meant that all group relations and lore established in the Mod could not be transferred over and everyone would start anew.

Like I said, I could be mistaken but I am quite positive this is the case. Despite all this, there are still 2 years of experiences from SA that could be added here, so there is a lot of history missing. However, I don't think everything from the history should be added as it might make everything too cluttered. I think a good balance would work out quite well for everyone in terms of gathering IC knowledge and reading up on the major history of DayZRP Standalone.

swilly    13

I agree, give it some time, and in a few months it will be really legit.

Keira    1475

I love the map feature. I hope it gets used more in the future as well.

Mazer    5

Just had a quick check of the map. It looks fantastic! Great to see history of new and old groups on there. Rather than about 3 points of interest there are over 15.

Can't wait to see what it will look like in coming weeks/months.