Server time: 2017-10-21, 04:48
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
saVageSam

Quenching The Blood Lust!

saVageSam    3

The Blood Thirsty Beasties - Solving Blood Lust Issue 101

A rise in requests for KoS zones and other things for a more hostile environment have been made by the individuals of our lovely community.

Sure! We can portray the situation as people just being bloodthirsty and avoiding proper RP.. However, it seems many individuals want such things and better yet not many are willing to give alternatives.

Things that can be done for satisfying the hunger for blood:

1. Events! For example every 2nd or 3rd month we hold a community wide event in the form of a Battle Royal/Hunger Games, it is a more civilized way of avoiding the BAD-RP violations that things such as KoS Night Zones or any other form of KoS rule change would inflict. This alone is a daunting task and being respectful to the staff they are already doing a lot  to deal with bad situations - Why would we want to pile a mountain of reports on top?
    Which is why I think this can be a more civil and beneficial way of keeping the thirst quenched and not flooding the staff with unnecessary headaches that Night Zones, More Danger etc would cause.
  2. Imagination! You should be creative with your RP not to mention when it comes to Hostage - RP!
    You're probably wondering "What the hell do you mean?".
    It's actually quiet simple! GET CREATIVE!
    If you are a blood thirsty individual who RPs as an insane man or a group of El Banditos then create the opportunity for your victims to play dangerous games. These can range in the following:
    • Pistol Duels - The two hostages are each given a pistol with 1 chambered bullet, the survivor gets to get his gear back and leave while the loser dies (Of-course the hostages must agree to this to keep it within the Rules). Most people would agree because not only does it bring a savage/horrifying aspect to the RP of the situation, but it also makes it a show of skill  and is a great sport to observe. Maybe you and your bandit pals can make bets in form of (Food, Ammo, Supplies etc) on the winner - Maybe even share some of the winnings as a reward with the surviving champion?
      Plus not to mention two lovers pointing a gun at each other and seeing which would betray which by taking the first shot, this can be an astonishing RP situation when you capture individuals in a romantic relationship.
    • Tryoutsssss! - As a bandit crew safety is always in numbers, in any hostile situation or war so why not fill your ranks with the best of the best!
      If you have captured a large group of individuals let's say a whole party of 3-5 people, there will always be that one "The Apex Predator".
      The one that would make your crew the baddest of the bad and the most skilled, just imagine filling your ranks with those individuals. This situation could bring about some great RP (Of-course the hostages must agree to this to keep it within the Rules).
      Be a bandit with a brain and make it a sport! Basically it's something along the lines of this lovely scene:
      [video=youtube]

You're probably saying "But that's just crap! Why would people even RP this out?" Well... my young bandit friends they would because just like the duels many individuals would take the opportunity for never before experienced RP situations.
      As we know, most people that want more danger and KoS zones keep saying that "That everyone is too friendly and There is no danger" and to that my young bandits I say "Be the danger! Introduce a little anarchy!".
      You guys want all this danger, excitement and situations of blood sport like RP, then JUST DO IT!
      Make RP interesting, captivating and creative in ways that people would not only enjoy, but also be willing to participate because it's something new! Instead of the dull friendly RP that many are saying causing the issues and making things boring - How do you expect things to change when you yourself aren't willing to put in the effort?
    • Not to mention a variety of other things you could do. But! I am not here to give things to you on a silver platter, I am here to get you started the rest is up to you. Get those creative juices flowing!

In Conclusion:

These so called acts of Blood Lust and fixing the boring RP are merely the lack of creativity and willingness to bring new things to the table and making RP refreshing. Role Play is not something that is just stale, boring and lacking in danger, it is the one that not willing to make the story interesting is to blame for making things stagnant and not moving forward.

Thusly, these are my tips, ideas and a small guide as to how we in the RP community should act towards RP situations and what can be changed in order to Make RP Great Again!

I am looking forward to hearing your opinions and reviews on the situation. Please keep it civilized :)

Sasha    0

It's not a hunger for blood. It's a hunger for RP. Not everyone RP's a friendly farmer. Different people RP different characters. Different characters act differently.

Blood lust doesn't have to be appeased or even considered. It's different styles of RP.

Dishes    159

There isn't really a "rise in requests of KoS zones and other things more hostile", they have always been there, and they are always turned down.

Honestly there's one simple solution to this "blood lust" you describe, play pubs. These servers are for Role Playing. You can still go around and have hostile RP with people, but if you wanna just run around shooting people on sight then find somewhere else to play.

saVageSam    3

It's not a hunger for blood. It's a hunger for RP. Not everyone RP's a friendly farmer. Different people RP different characters. Different characters act differently.

Blood lust doesn't have to be appeased or even considered. It's different styles of RP.

True! But still people need to up their RP game ;) Thusly, the creation of this small tiny guide/solution :)

I agree blood lust can be let out on a Public Server, none the less most individuals saying the RP is lacking the danger which is why I wrote "Be the Danger!" ;)

Also welcome to the thread ! :D

Cow    0

Everybody RP's out their own style and way.

Pretty much everything you have suggested is already in play, people RP out a great deal of what you have suggested already and event wise there is always one or two in the pipe. Unfortunately the LM team is always working on different things and timezones are always an issue but you as a valued member of the community are 100% welcome to contribute and plan an event yourself.

The "requests" for KoS zones come and go and are always, ALWAYS shot down due to them not being what this community is about.

AlwaysGamer    28

I like the Pisotl duel between hostages, I will probably do that at some point! Cool thread +1

saVageSam    3

There isn't really a "rise in requests of KoS zones and other things more hostile", they have always been there, and they are always turned down.

Honestly there's one simple solution to this "blood lust" you describe, play pubs. These servers are for Role Playing. You can still go around and have hostile RP with people, but if you wanna just run around shooting people on sight then find somewhere else to play.

*Nods* I agree with you :)

I did include a nice little idea guide for some lovely hostile RP ;)

Also I'm not one of the people in support of this Blood Lust some keep wanting :D

Sasha    0

This suggestion changes nothing. Different kinds of "games" have been played with hostages by different people for a long time.

The thing people are complaining about at the moment is people who consider themselves "campfire rp'ers" being against "pvp'ers" because the hostilities ends up in firefights. Reason is, "PVP'ers" initiate and "Campfire RP'ers" decide not to comply. There is then complaints about the firefight.

Either way - No need to repeat that discussion in this thread. Simply, this thread doesn't bring anything new to the table or any solutions to anything.

saVageSam    3

Everybody RP's out their own style and way.

Pretty much everything you have suggested is already in play, people RP out a great deal of what you have suggested already and event wise there is always one or two in the pipe. Unfortunately the LM team is always working on different things and timezones are always an issue but you as a valued member of the community are 100% welcome to contribute and plan an event yourself.

The "requests" for KoS zones come and go and are always, ALWAYS shot down due to them not being what this community is about.

Thanks cow :D

I totally agree, I believe those that request such zones just need to get those creative juices flowing, RP only feels stagnant when you make it so ;)

It's about making the situation interesting, captivating and moving the story in a creative way :D

Thumper    0

Well thanks for not reading my whole thread and taking the first post only. My original idea started with an area and stretched to into actions allowing KOS and not just words. A rule rework was sent to the head honchos.

saVageSam    3

This suggestion changes nothing. Different kinds of "games" have been played with hostages by different people for a long time.

The thing people are complaining about at the moment is people who consider themselves "campfire rp'ers" being against "pvp'ers" because the hostilities ends up in firefights. Reason is, "PVP'ers" initiate and "Campfire RP'ers" decide not to comply. There is then complaints about the firefight.

Either way - No need to repeat that discussion in this thread. Simply, this thread doesn't bring anything new to the table or any solutions to anything.

That's odd ::(

Well it is the Campfire RP'ers fault for not complying in a hostile situation, if they were given sufficient warnings to comply then there is no reason for them to complain that they got shot.

Well thanks for not reading my whole thread and taking the first post only. My original idea started with an area and stretched to into actions allowing KOS and not just words. A rule rework was sent to the head honchos.

Eh it still seems a bit extreme, although yes the idea of an area is interesting. However, the problem of dealing with the flood of accusations in forms of reports, would be a bit overwhelming for the staff.

Hmm... We must observe this idea and be very delicate with it if indeed the higher ups deem it a worthy implementation and ensure an airtight rule enforcement on the matter.

This can either become an interesting concept or a complete cluster, not just for RP but also for the staff to deal with.

Thumper    0

And....you still didn't read what I said. Have a good day, September 22nd. 

To be taken seriously, you need to not only read what I said but comprehend what was written.  The entire idea of a KOS zone, area, time was scratched through the thread. 

Good ideas on your own though.