Server time: 2017-08-23, 23:33

Sign in to follow this  
MSGabriel

Character unable to load message

Question

MSGabriel    1

So I logged out on S1 to go play so csgo but the guy changed his mind and didn't wanted to play anymore. So I logged back on DayZRP S1, message below popped up instead of my character.

I logged out and went on S2, everything ok. Is it possible to lose my character if I go back on S1?

19cbdd7776c259bb51e696f2f7ed82f2.png

12 answers to this question

Dishes    159

I'd have to say it won't fix that, but you could probably give it a try since you have nothing to lose now.

When ever this happens you should disconnect ASAP before it gets a chance to register you as a fresh spawn. The issue arises from an improper connection at the time from either you or the private hive you are connecting to, so simply logging out super quickly, waiting a few, then relogging once the server or your internet has reestablished the connection, then it should be fine. if you sat at that screen and loaded into the server already though... well there's nothing you can do.

Yes, you will most likely lose your character when you log onto S1. I'm pretty sure this was an issue with your character data in the hive.

Does this answer your question?

If you do some research you'll see it's a bug/error with your character data loading into the hive.

Whatever happens on S1, will happen on S2 and vice versa.

Edit**

If I understand what you're asking..logging back S1 on shouldn't fuck your character up again if you re-geared on S2, but if something seems wrong, exit out of the server ASAP. It's not a common issue and shouldn't happen often.

DarkSide    234

Yes your character data has been most likely lost. I have had this happen to myself and it's due to the server box corrupting your character data. There is a small chance that when you log into S1 you won't be wiped but you have to find that out yourself. DayZ is still in Alpha for a reason and bugs will always happen.

With this being said and from others is your questioned answered?

DarkSide    234

Aren't S1 and S2 connected? I logged and have the gear on S2, bit a afraid to log back on S1.

Yes S1 and S2 are connected. Try logging into S1 and if you loose your gear then you have been DayZed. If you don't want to them I don't blame you.

It's not an issue that should persist.

DarkSide    234

Guess I'll ask a friend to help with my stuff because of the bug. L&A

With all that is said is your question answered?

MSGabriel    1

Yeah, after messing around with my character for more than one hour on S2 without losing the character, I logged back now on S1 with "Go with God" in mind and character is still ok it seems on S1 aswell.

DarkSide    234

Glad you got your character back. Sometimes when you get these thing log out as fast as possible and bit the bullet and take a risk. With this being said I will mark this as /solved