Server time: 2017-10-18, 04:04
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
MrBlairdom

I'm hot and I know it

Question

MrBlairdom    12

Hello,

Please tell me there is a way to get rid of that goddamn 'Hot'-'Overheating'-'Hyperthermia' curse. I read some stuff on the internet, but I was hoping for someone on the forums to tell me that they actually managed to get rid of this recurring negative status.

I am wearing: gloves, beanie, gas mask, boots, vest, T-Shirt, pants, Assault backpack.

At some point, I began to overheat and, eventually, reached Hyperthermia. Ive been bathing in all ponds, all puddles, I ran around with the Drenched status and, finally, managed to get rid of the whole thing. Ran for another 2-3 minutes and BANG! Hot. Again. 

Now I'm only getting the Hot status, as I quickly go for a dip. Not sure if Hot drains your water level, but I know Hyperthermia made me thirsty so annoyingly fast.

I'd appreciate any tips that helped you get rid of this curse for good.

20 answers to this question

Randle    927

Run around the pond.

Castiel    1124

/Moved to Questions

Lose the gas mask and the vest and you'll probably cool off a bit. They'd be hot to wear all day in real life, same thing in-game.

Thumper    0

Its pretty buggy. Best advice is only sprint when your being shot at, dont wear heavy shirts or vests. When you see hot, stop and rest, take a dip in the ponds. Other than that, its not going to kill you.

Staying drenched helps if you have a hotter set of attire, along with not full sprinting everywhere. I believe you cool off faster at night too so that's a great time to rest in a puddle for a bit to drop hyperthermia faster.

MrBlairdom    12

Cooling off is not my issue. My issue is the fact that I keep getting the status effect on and on. It's not my first time wearing this type of gear and I've never, up to now, had this issue. Now, I can't jog for 3m and I'm hot. May it be a bug, perhaps?

I never sprint, to be honest. I only jog or walk.

Frosty    0

To be honest, you would much rather be hot than cold. Getting cold can kill you, and getting hot just makes you lose hydration faster. Just hang out by a well or be close too a town with one, and you'll be fine. If you cool off you'll just heat up crazy fast again. But like the others said, jump in a pond and lose the hot clothing.

Zar    5

Drench yourself in a pond, try not exerting yourself and you will see that you are cooling down. Just watch out that you don't cool down too much and become cold.

If I have to move around the map I normally drench myself then I sprint where I need to go keeping an eye on my status as you will go from drenched to soaked to wet to damp and then you will begin to heat up, so keep drenching yourself while moving and once you get where you need to be you can light a fire to dry out.

MrBlairdom    12

Aight, so I guess it's how I feared. The damn gear, at this point, keeps getting me hot. Well, Chernarus will just have to deal with a hotter version of me, cause I ain't getting rid of the gear. It just seems buggy that now I get Hot so fast and in my previous gameplays (for about...2-3 years?) I have never been Hot or Cold.

Will getting rid of the gear guarantee me that I will stop getting this damn effect? Cause if that's not the case, I'll just keep the gear.

I got it once and it stuck. Nothing took it off but death.

Great.

DickSlide    250

You don't die from overheating this patch. It's a weird bug but running around in a pond helps. Make sure you drink lots of water if you are overheating.

With the answers provided does this answer your question?

DickSlide    250

Alrighty. If you are overheating run in a pond without a shirt and it will help. Also drink water on a basis so you don't pass out.

With that said I will /solve this.

The Buddha    24

Step 1: Get drenched. (keep your clothes on, wet clothes will keep you wetter for longer)

Step 2: Sit, crouch or lie down till "rapidly cooling" status.

Step 3: either remain still until the "hot" status is gone. Or you can walk (not jog) and still cool down.

Step 4: Remain wet (it does nothing negative to any items)

Step 5: Keep hydrated (Preferably light green)

AlwaysGamer    28

I've been overheating for 3 weeks. I have a feeling you'll be fine

3 weeks for me too, it's even a little joke for me. I tried to go in water, stay drench for a few days in a row, the best I had was "Hot" and then it goes back to Hyperthermia. The only cons about it is that your thirst will go down a bit faster that's it. Just keep one or two water bottles/canteens on you and you'll be fine.

Hotness won't actually kill you. Dehydration will.

See, you can stay overheated for the whole rest of your hot life, BUT, you will need to drink a GIGA-TON of water bottles every once and a while.

Once the status get stuck, you're hopeless. Only death shall resolve your problem.

Still, this patch is bugged AF, so just get inside a lake. Careful not to drown tho. I had to wait at least 30 minutes sitting on the board of a lake to actually cool down, so keep in mind it will take a lot of time.