Server time: 2017-08-19, 09:34

Sign in to follow this  
Ghoozovich

BattlEye Issue

Question

Ghoozovich    263

Right, I'll be brief, because there isn't much to it anyway. In the last few days, I've been having an issue starting up DayZ and namely BattlEye. At first I thought it had something to do with my Internet because my Student Dorm provider deems it necessary to log in every 24 hours (like in a public network). But that has now been sorted and is now irrelevant. Every time I launch the game - regardless whether via Steam of Folder (even the BE client separately), I get this:

44b4f7afd9c5cb5b80446d3b5692b70b.png

Yes, I have tried turning it off and then back on again. And yes, I have tried reinstalling the game. I have added the whole Steam folder to the exclusion lists on both MalwareBytes as well as Avast as well. From what I read online, the only thing left to do is reinstall Windows, but I would really like to avoid that.

30 answers to this question

This could happen if you did not agree to the BE TOS.

Also, you might just want to try re-installing BE. https://www.battleye.com/downloads/

You do not need to reinstall your OS to fix this. Let me know if this helps you.

Doc Phlox    24

May seem silly, didn't see it though. You try verifying that game cache? Happens to me sometimes, that or a quick reboot. Hope we can get this sorted

Ghoozovich    263

This could happen if you did not agree to the BE TOS.

Also, you might just want to try re-installing BE. https://www.battleye.com/downloads/

You do not need to reinstall your OS to fix this. Let me know if this helps you.

Nope, that doesn't do anything either. Still get the same message. Also unlike previously (when there were no problems), I get the asked if I allow the BE Launcher to run.

2ae5aa78c5401b164f0d32fedbe7bc63.png

Sorry, that's in Russian, but that's the idea - as if it's asking for admin permissions to run it. So when I press "YES" it just takes me back to the little window, which says "Failed to Start BattlEye Service...".

May seem silly, didn't see it though. You try verifying that game cache? Happens to me sometimes, that or a quick reboot. Hope we can get this sorted

Tried that too. Multiple times, also after deleting BattlEye folders in the DayZ Folder as well as /Username/AppData/Local/DayZ and a PC restart. Nothing changed.

Doc Phlox    24

I see, hm. By any chance have you tried running Battle Eye as administrator on your computer? You can do so by going to Steam/Steamapps/common/DayZ folder, find the DayZ_BE application, right click and hit properties, then go to the compatibility tab, and check the box for "run this as administrator" may help

Ghoozovich    263

I see, hm. By any chance have you tried running Battle Eye as administrator on your computer? You can do so by going to Steam/Steamapps/common/DayZ folder, find the DayZ_BE application, right click and hit properties, then go to the compatibility tab, and check the box for "run this as administrator" may help

Yep, have as well - no effect. If it makes a difference, I have also tried running DayZ straight from the folder and that works. However, naturally, that's without BattlEye and as soon as I try to join a server, I get the same old "Failed to Start" error.

Doc Phlox    24

Yep, have as well - no effect. If it makes a difference, I have also tried running DayZ straight from the folder and that works. However, naturally, that's without BattlEye and as soon as I try to join a server, I get the same old "Failed to Start" error.

Dang, and this may seem trivial but have you tried getting it going from Task Manager?

Open Task Manager, go to services, find BEService, right click and start it up, then start DayZ.

Also, you said earlier that you thought it could be your dorm internet, it still might be, do you sometimes get really low connection speeds? Because you may be able to contact the service provider to troubleshoot

Sorry if this is repetitive.

-Run Dayz_BE.exe as admin.

-Find and delete the c:\program files (x86)\common files\battleye folder and try again.

-Disable any firewalls.

-Don't re-install, but Verify Game Cache through Steam.

This comes from the BE FAQ for your issue. https://www.battleye.com/support/faq/

"First of all, please ensure that you have the latest BE Service files in the BattlEye folder of your game directory. Verify your game cache in Steam or download the latest files from the download page. Otherwise something on your system prevents the installation/startup of the BE Service, which is required to play on BE-enabled servers. Please ensure that any security software (anti-virus, etc.) running on your system doesn’t block the BE Service (both BEService.exe/BEService_x64.exe in your game’s “BattlEye” directory as well as the entire BE Service directory, which is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”) in any way. You might have to add it to your security software’s exception list. If that doesn’t help or you don’t use any sort of security software there might be a permission issue with your BE Service directory or the files within it. To solve this delete the BE Service directory (usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”) and then try to launch your game again. If you still get the same error at this point please try to manually set the BE Launcher in your game directory (usually the executable file with “_BE” at the end) to run with administrative privileges (normally this should happen automatically). To do so right-click on the BE Launcher executable, choose “Properties”, go to the “Compatibility” tab, check the “Run this program as an administrator” option and click OK to apply your changes."

It does recommend a fresh install of Windows if nothing works, but I wouldn't do that until you've tried absolutely everything.

Ghoozovich    263

Dang, and this may seem trivial but have you tried getting it going from Task Manager?

Open Task Manager, go to services, find BEService, right click and start it up, then start DayZ.

Also, you said earlier that you thought it could be your dorm internet, it still might be, do you sometimes get really low connection speeds? Because you may be able to contact the service provider to troubleshoot

Tried, but it is not at all present there unless I run it. And when I do, it only is for about 10 seconds, after which the window closes.

As far as Internet, not really. In fact, the connection is quite good. And I thought about it, but I doubt this is the issue since my first two days here I could run the game just fine.

Sorry if this is repetitive.

-Run Dayz_BE.exe as admin.

-Find and delete the c:\program files (x86)\common files\battleye folder and try again.

-Disable any firewalls.

-Don't re-install, but Verify Game Cache through Steam.

This comes from the BE FAQ for your issue. https://www.battleye.com/support/faq/

"First of all, please ensure that you have the latest BE Service files in the BattlEye folder of your game directory. Verify your game cache in Steam or download the latest files from the download page. Otherwise something on your system prevents the installation/startup of the BE Service, which is required to play on BE-enabled servers. Please ensure that any security software (anti-virus, etc.) running on your system doesn’t block the BE Service (both BEService.exe/BEService_x64.exe in your game’s “BattlEye” directory as well as the entire BE Service directory, which is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”) in any way. You might have to add it to your security software’s exception list. If that doesn’t help or you don’t use any sort of security software there might be a permission issue with your BE Service directory or the files within it. To solve this delete the BE Service directory (usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”) and then try to launch your game again. If you still get the same error at this point please try to manually set the BE Launcher in your game directory (usually the executable file with “_BE” at the end) to run with administrative privileges (normally this should happen automatically). To do so right-click on the BE Launcher executable, choose “Properties”, go to the “Compatibility” tab, check the “Run this program as an administrator” option and click OK to apply your changes."

It does recommend a fresh install of Windows if nothing works, but I wouldn't do that until you've tried absolutely everything.

Read and done that as well. I get the appropriate Install window.

353570cd2dc43a0dee27c435f230b00b.png

But afterwards, it gives me the same "Failed to Start..." error. Same happens if I restart Steam itself and launch IT as an admin. Disabling my firewall and anti-virus/malware software did nothing either. I have added the whole Steam folder to exclusion lists, but even turning them off completely doesn't make a difference.

Try to re-install Steam and DayzSA again. Go into your files and delete all of your Dayz files, then do the install, don't just do it through Steam.

Ghoozovich    263

Try to re-install Steam and DayzSA again. Go into your files and delete all of your Dayz files, then do the install, don't just do it through Steam.

Right. I will attempt to do so now.

Okay, so reinstalling Steam and DayZ along with it did absolutely nothing either ._.

I really don't want to tell you to re-install Windows.. but it seems even BE recommends it. If you're 100% sure you've done all research on this, and done everything you can, I guess you have no choice unless you want to send a Support Ticket to BE themselves and await a response.

Ghoozovich    263

I really don't want to tell you to re-install Windows.. but it seems even BE recommends it. If you're 100% sure you've done all research on this, and done everything you can, I guess you have no choice unless you want to send a Support Ticket to BE themselves and await a response.

Yeah, so it would seem. I'll see. I'll give it some time. Valkerion said he had the same issue and then it just kind of fixed itself so who knows.

Anyway, regardless, thanks for the assist.

I've also heard it can fix itself. I'll leave this un-solved for now in case anyone else has any more information that can help you!

Ghoozovich    263

Alright, sounds fair. I'll write here as well when it eventually does work (and how).

Voodoo    357

Havent read all posts but i remember this happening to me a while back. I simply turned off my firewall just for the update and everything worked fine.

Have you tried this?

Ghoozovich    263

Havent read all posts but i remember this happening to me a while back. I simply turned off my firewall just for the update and everything worked fine.

Have you tried this?

Hmm, I don't think so. I have only turned it off for launch. What update are you referring to? Verifying game cache after folder deletion?

Just to add, when was the last time you updated Windows and your Drivers? You should make sure all of that is up to date.

Ghoozovich    263

It should be as far as I know. It's all automated, but just to be sure, I just checked again. As far as I can see, drivers should be up-to-date.

Ghoozovich    263

Windows as well?

By the looks of it, yes. GeForce Experience I check regularly myself and I got an Intel Utility tool for the rest of them. Seems like "wait and see" is what I'm doing for now. I'm in no rush to reinstall Windows, especially since in my current situation, my laptop is the only computer I have easy access to and it is essential for my studies.

I guess you have no other options than to wait it out or re-install. :(

Again, I'll leave this open just in case.

Jamie    1181

Had this issue occur on all my BattlEye games. Got it when I first bought Siege and happened on Arma 3 when I was trying to play on Desolation.

I removed all BattlEye files and did a game re-install, worked for me.

Not sure if it's been suggested, but manually installing BattlEye might help you out.

Melvin    84

Searched this up. Seems to be a possible solution that you could try.

Pull up "Task Manager"

-Click on the "Services" tab

First:

-Find "BEService" on the list

-Right Click and select "Start Service"

If that doesn't work Then:

-On the bottom of the Task Manager Services window, Click on the button at the button that says "Services..." with the admin icon next to it (Windows 7)

-On the new window, Find "BEService" on the list and highlight it

-then click on the "Properties" button on the toolbar of the new window

-On the next new window, click on the "Recovery" tab

-Then change the option for "First Failure" and "Second Failure" to "Restart the Service"

-Close it all up and try the game again.

If none of that works, I would like to mention that before all of this I deleted the BattlEye folder in the games files and then used the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" located in the game properties on Steam.

Jetwells    242

Remove all BE files. Re-Install manually. Should fix most problems. Then change compatibility of the client to administrator rights and it should fire up again.

Ghoozovich    263

Had this issue occur on all my BattlEye games. Got it when I first bought Siege and happened on Arma 3 when I was trying to play on Desolation.

I removed all BattlEye files and did a game re-install, worked for me.

Not sure if it's been suggested, but manually installing BattlEye might help you out.

Searched this up. Seems to be a possible solution that you could try.

Pull up "Task Manager"

-Click on the "Services" tab

First:

-Find "BEService" on the list

-Right Click and select "Start Service"

If that doesn't work Then:

-On the bottom of the Task Manager Services window, Click on the button at the button that says "Services..." with the admin icon next to it (Windows 7)

-On the new window, Find "BEService" on the list and highlight it

-then click on the "Properties" button on the toolbar of the new window

-On the next new window, click on the "Recovery" tab

-Then change the option for "First Failure" and "Second Failure" to "Restart the Service"

-Close it all up and try the game again.

If none of that works, I would like to mention that before all of this I deleted the BattlEye folder in the games files and then used the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" located in the game properties on Steam.

Hadn't tried either of these methods, but after numerous attempts, still no result.

I also deleted R6S and Arma completely since I don't really play them (in addition to BattlEye), but that did nothing. And in the Task Manager, I go straight to the latter half, as the former does not accomplish anything, but I still get the same message as before. :/