Server time: 2017-08-19, 17:01

Sign in to follow this  
Nameless

Sgt. Hunter "Nameless" Payne

Nameless    0

"Nameless", that is the name that was given to him by his squad after getting over 100 confirm kills as a sniper and not taking credit for a single kill. "One shot, one kill", was how he lived his life by before, before the hell that was released on the planet. Sgt. Hunter Payne, or how he calls him self now, Nameless, was apart of the United States Special Forces called Delta Force. When his country asked him, and a select four others of Delta Force, prior to the out break, to go on a joint mission exercise with a Russian elite group, he was unsure about the idea. After consideration on how this could help both the countries, him and his selected few decided to go. Since this was the first time in history that both countries were going to preform a joint exercise, it was considered classified, and Sgt. Payne, his squad, or the Russians didn't know what the exercise was until his squad reached Russia.

Shortly after the squad touched down in Russia, something unthinkable happened, something no one saw coming in Chernarus, the out break had started. At first no one know what it was, not even the media or military could report on it. All Sgt. Payne knew was that he and his squad was being asked to go into Chernarus to locate and to extract a family member that a high political Russian official had inside of the country. With the help of the Russian Elite Group and his squad, Sgt. Payne went into Chernarus under a secret mission by the Russians. The squad entered Chernarus under the cover of night, and after a few days, and sticking mainly to the country side, the squad came upon the city of Chernogorsk, the last known contact point of the target.

Up until then, the squad had minimal contact with the "infected", but as Sgt. Payne took over watch for the squad, over looking Chernogorsk from a hill, he could tell his squad was going to have a tough time making there way through the city with the number of "infected" he could see. Sgt. Payne had done numerous missions in places like Iraq and Afghanistan in the past, but he had never seen anything like this. About an hour or so after watching his squad enter Chernogorsk, Sgt. Payne received a radio transmission from his squad telling him that they were inside the target building and had located the family member. The family member was already infected and was put down, but they also had another problem, the building was surrounded by a horde of the infected, and they were trying to get in.

Sgt. Payne immediately changed his advantage point several times to get eyes on the building. Every few minutes he could hear what sounded like firecrackers in the distance, but he know it was gunfire from his squad. After getting eyes on the building and seeing the horde surrounding the building, Sgt. Payne opened fire on the horde but as he could tell for every infected he dropped 2 more would show up. Shortly after, Sgt. Payne received a transmission from his squad saying that the horde had breached the main entrance and they were proceeding to the roof. In the background, Sgt. Payne could hear gunfire, yells, and screams from his squad. As Sgt. Payne sat on the hill top watching the building with his radio in his hand, a small group of infected was approaching him from behind.

Listening to his radio he knew that at least half of the squad was already taken buy the infected, and just then the radio was struck out of his hand and he could hear snarls and growls behind him. Sgt. Payne turned quickly and at the same time pulled out his sidearm drawing down on the 2 closest infected and killing them. He then got to his feet, grabbed his weapons, but leaving the busted radio, and ran into the forest behind Chernogorsk.

Now completely separated from his squad, with no way of communication, he knew he was on his own. Over the next couple of weeks, Sgt. Payne knew he had to hide to survive. Sgt. Payne feared that if the Chernarus Defense Forces (CDF) found him that they would capture him or kill him for being a US soldier in full military gear unannounced in their country. Over those couple of weeks, he hid in the day and moved only at night. He was able to learn from some kind local civilians that Chernarus Government had enacted order Sixty-Two, and was trying to fight and stop the infected. He was also told that all boarders were locked down, and no one was able to enter or leave Chernarus.

That was all nearly 2 years ago, and because of the hell that was released that day, the world was never the same again. With no other choice, Sgt. Payne stayed in Chernarus, and with his military mind set, and the principals with which he grow up with, to always defend the defenseless, he now protects travelers and others from evil groups and bandits.

Now like most nights, he sets in a lonely barn with a campfire. From out of his pocket he pulls out a warren photo of his family, the family that he left behind almost 2 years ago. For a moment, as he stares at the picture of his wife, son, and daughter under the light of the campfire, unaware of what might be going on outside of the barn like he does most nights. He begins to think and wonder. Did everything he taught his family to survive in the wild save them? Did the infection make it to the United States? Most of all, will one day he make it back home and be reunited with his family? These are the questions he ask himself most nights. These are the questions that keep him up and drive him to survive another day. Sgt. Hunter "Nameless" Payne once lived his life by the saying "One shot, one kill.", but now he lives his life by the saying "One day at a time."

I mean honestly it isn't badly written. I couldn't help but think it was going to be your average super soldier story at the beginning but you turned the story into something interesting which I appreciate.

I suppose this is your whitelist backstory, no?

Nameless    0

I mean honestly it isn't badly written. I couldn't help but think it was going to be your average super soldier story at the beginning but you turned the story into something interesting which I appreciate.

Yes, well most of it was, I added some of the stuff at the end. I wasn't trying to go for a total badass guy, but someone that could handle himself if needed in situations.

Yes, well most of it was, I added some of the stuff at the end. I wasn't trying to go for a total badass guy, but someone that could handle himself if needed in situations.

I feel that man. Well, your writing skills are good, and your character seems pretty interesting. Im excited to meet you in game my dude

Should probably add paragraphs, holy wall of text.