Server time: 2017-10-17, 13:25
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Roman

Reverting back posts after granted ban appeal

Roman    0

So I was viewing Joffreys ban appeal that got accepted regarding his "unnecessary post".

Shouldn't the post that got removed be reverted back since it's was not deemed as unnecessary and adds to the thread?

I know that we didn't do it during my stint in staff but maybe it's something that we should start doing for posts that get approved after a ban appeal?

Now it only looks like Joffrey posted something that was worth getting points for and people will see that. 

I guess this is both a question and a suggestion.

DickSlide    250

I mean this would create a little more work for the Mod team. They would have to go back and restore everyones posts that is the same as Joffrey's..

Dishes    159

Yeah I think this is more of a suggestion, but yeah that would be a good idea. Either the mod team or whoever handles the ban appeal could easily just go back and restore it after the appeal is approved.

Oyface    340

I mean this would create a little more work for the Mod team. They would have to go back and restore everyones posts that is the same as Joffrey's..

But it would be extra work to make up for things that shouldn't have been done. I don't think they'd need to go back and do it to every post like this in DayZRP history, if that's what you mean, but doing it to the more recent ones and any future ones doesn't sound like too much.

Castiel    1124

I don't see why not. It wouldn't be too much effort, and if the appeal is accepted meaning the content of the post is deemed appropriate then there's no reason it shouldn't be on the thread.

Shark    0

Not really. Can start now, anything in the past is in the past and can be left.

Although, I never really got why people didn't just do it themselves anyway. I guess fear out of getting points again? I dunno.

LoneStarrr    84

If it's just from here on out, then yeah, I don't see why not. I mean, I might get a bit tedious but hey, it doesn't really do anything but help.

Brad    158

I think from here on out As soon as the ban appeal is accepted staff should revert the post to its original state.  Only seems fair.

Mental    0

It's really not that much effort. Just a simple press of 'revert' on the users post.

I wouldn't mind doing it. +1.

Vic    0

I say have the team member that assigened the points do it as punishment for being mean! Muahaha!!!

Jk awesome idea! +1

Karma    167

I dont see why this couldn't be done, doesn't seem like it would add a ton more work imo

Rory    1557

+1 from me.

If it's not worth points, restore it. :)

No reason not to.

Gikkel    0

Oh No mods having to do staff now!?!?!

Doc Phlox    24

Personally, if the post was deemed relevant and points removed then the post (from here on out, as stated going back for all is too much) should be brought back, as it is relevant to the topic. As Joffrey stated, it could have brought more to the discussion so for future they should be put back to see what else comes of it. Just my opinion though

Eagle    409

Bring it back, don't see why it was taken down only to get the points for it removed.

Mamba    0

So has this been discussed about in staff chat or anything?

Any conclusions?

Naw fam , we don't listen to you LOL.

Just kidding bro, I like this idea and see no issues with it. I'll bring it up and ask tRolle

Roman    0

Naw fam , we don't listen to you LOL.

Just kidding bro, I like this idea and see no issues with it. I'll bring it up and ask tRolle

You always know how to make me cry...

Bring it back, don't see why it was taken down only to get the points for it removed.

This. If a post was within the rules, why should it have been taken down?

Stagsview    624

Idk why this isn't protocol in the first place. Saw it get brought up now.

Fat +1 from me.