Server time: 2017-08-21, 02:47

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BlurredOne

Goodbye without even a hello

Guest BlurredOne   
Guest BlurredOne

I am new here, just whitelisted earlier this week.  I have not had a chance to play, so have been lurking in the forums getting an idea of the community, the people, a true understanding of the rules, etc.  I may say that was probably one of the worst things I could of done, as now I have no desire to begin playing in this community.  After spending the last two days running through the reports, solved reports, and ban appeals, I can see that I will be as frustrated playing here as on a public server.

Without naming any groups or individual people, I can see a trend where the same individuals/groups keep getting reported on, and the same behaviours keep happening without any apparent punishments being met out.

I do not want to have to record all my sessions on the chance that I Amy be the victim of rdm/kos/badrp etc and have to provide evidence of wrong doing.  Nor do I want to be reported on because someone forgot the rules.

I don't want to be robbed and/or tortured for an hour for the benefit of rp.  I don't want to be reported for nvfl because I take a chance and am successful or not.

As a community that has a fairly strict and lengthy recruiting process, I expected more time for enjoyable play, but I cannot see that happening.

I hope you all the best, but this isn't for me.  Please remove my forum and server access and give my spot to someone who can find joy in your community.

Once again, thanks for initiation into the community, I hope you all the best.

BlurredOne

Okay, cya.

RP is RP my dude. We're not a carebear server, we have torture and robberies.

DarkSide    231

Cya dude.

LoneStarrr    84

Well, looking at the reports, you are obviously getting the end of the RP that has been found distasteful by atleast one party. Trust me, these reports should not be considered to represent the community as a whole. There are cases of all kind of amazing RP by all kind of groups and individuals.

Sure, the rules may not follow exactly along the lines of what you would do IRL, however, they are there to promote and allow everyone to get the best RP experience possible. If you follow the rules, trust me, you will not be disappointing. If I were in your position, I would give the community a chance. I've been here for 3 years and I have enjoyed every moment of it. However, if you really do decide to leave then I wish you the best elsewhere. Good luck, no matter your decision.

Castiel    1124

Shame. I mean, you probably should've at least tried it yourself rather than judging everything from the report section. Bye anyways.

That's like going out back of a 5 star restaurant to their dumpster, and saying

"Ew. Their trash smells bad"

And then not eating there.

Stay Frothy somewhere else

Dustup    118

I think it is safe to say that you having zero playtime on the servers means you really have no clue about what it is like playing on the servers and aren't really in any position to be making comments on what it is like to play here.  The people that end up in reports are only a small fraction of the people who play, and not all reports end in a finding that there was a rule break, sometimes it just so happens that the person making the report has not fully understood the rules.  This is coming from someone who made a report in the last week for some pretty shitty things someone did IG).

To give you some kind of comparison, it is like you being interested in a particular sporting competition, reading only about people who have been penalised/sent off  and the views of people complaining about them, and then saying that the actions of those few people completely negates any of the awesome plays that happened in various games in the competition and the other 99% of the time where people played the game with no penalties.

Try actually play for a couple days, who knows, maybe you will enjoy your experience, maybe you will hate it, but at least you will have tried it and not simply relied on the views/complaints of other people that you (more than likely) don't even know.  Or don't in which case all the best finding somewhere that clicks with you.

Well rip that guy

This ^

o7 ma dude

Kudos man. Takes alot of guts really. Wish more people were like you and actually read the report section on what you can and cant do. We'd have a hell of alot less reports if people acrually comprehended what they read. But hey, what do I know? Amirite?

Cya dude. Thanks for stopping by.

Mazer    5

Wtf? That's pretty conceited, especially without playing at all. There are multiple guides on how not to be robbed, and it's pretty easy not to be reported and to stay out of reports in general.

Since my time here(I know it doesn't seem like that long at all)I have been in one report at the very start of my time here and none others. I haven't been majorly wronged or had a rule broken where I am the victim at all aside from those first few days where I have felt the need to put up a report, I'm generally extremely forgiving/relaxed about those kinda things(and a bit lazy) so I don't really see myself putting up any reports. Although then again I've never really initiated on anyone without good reason, and even then not many times and been initiated on individually once or twice. Almost all combat I've been in has been defensive in a large group vs large group and I assure you that is one of the funnest things when you're trying to defend a compound/stronghold.

It's surprisingly extremely easy to avoid rule breaks. I've been a victim of BadRP/GearRP once, he was totally clueless and I domed him shortly after.

Don't give people a reason to rob you, if it's being an asshole or gear. Generally large groups don't bother with small groups(1-2) and if you're not an asshole and don't have a super soldier look to you then you'll be fine from those independent bandits.

It's very easy to stay away from hostile RP entirely, find a peaceful group which likes to do medical and/or internal RP or a roaming band of survivors, or a town trying to rebuild society. Simple.

Don't go looking for fights or to be a dick, and you won't get fights.

Stay away from the crowd that do that kinda thing and you'll be fine.

TL;DR

Don't be a dick and looking for hostile RP, it's incredibly easy to avoid. Just find the right group of people and go with them. Like I said, extremely simple to avoid reports and rule breaks, plenty of guides and tips out there. Oh, and use common sense!!!

Hopefully you give it a go instead of letting your decision be influenced by a small handful of the community.

o/

Dishes    159

Bye then.

Little disappointing you didn't even try things out before up and quitting on it, but thats fine, your choice in the end.

Catch ya on the flip side home slice~

Chief    597

Who even buys a burger, looks at the reviews on the burger and then throws it away without even trying one bite? This is shameful.

CYA guy.

The rules and ban process are actually really stringent and overall the community generally stick to them with the odd fuck up.

Seems a little premature to give up without even trying it first hand.

A hand-full of reports a day is to be expected when there are 1000's of interactions each day. You find a lot of people getting reported repeatedly because they are in bandit groups and their style of play attracts e-rage. However the average user on here won't even find themselves in 1 report a month and the major bandit groups actually offer the best RP, even if you are in hand-cuffs it's still fun.

Who even buys a burger, looks at the reviews on the burger and then throws it away without even trying one bite? This is shameful.

CYA guy.

Is this rhetorical or you up for guesses?

I'm going for Krusty the Clown.

Undead    238

Welllllllllp lata.

Beni    686

That's like going out back of a 5 star restaurant to their dumpster, and saying

"Ew. Their trash smells bad"

And then not eating there.

Stay Frothy somewhere else

Oh my Wumby.. That's gold.

Cya mate, sorry you couldn't find the community fun.

Roach    1545

Your loss man...

Don't knock it before you try it.

Looking at the reports is not a good way to judge a community. Every community has its bad sides. Every single one of them.

Maybe visit the Lore & Stories or Media section and read or watch some amazing stories. I guarantee you, you will be inspired to play.

A community that boasts over 19 thousand members and over 500 on our servers every day , you can expect things to go wrong sometimes. Bye ?