Server time: 2017-08-16, 13:22

Sign in to follow this  
Misty

Server Wipe 1 week notification

I suggest server wipes be notified on the website a week before the actual wipe. 

Yesterday S1 was announced to get wiped today. Instead, S1 AND S2 got wiped. All those camps, gone.. C'mon, making mistakes like that is really unprofessional.

AND i want to suggest a rule of maximum amount of tents you can have at your base camp. I think if the reason of wiping is because people hoard loads of tents and the server has to be wiped cause of the lag, then there should be a max amount of tents you can stash. 

S1 and S2 got wiped? That actually sucks for the camp at Stary Yar as well as the camp by Novaya.

I agree, not sure why anyone wouldn't.

Probably wasn't a mistake, my dude. Camps fuck with loot spawns, I found 2 barrels and a tent in the space of 20 mins, in the triangle. It's not really hard to get a camp back.

Or, you can not worry about storing gear and go RP *shrug* (not directed at you personally misty, still love you <3 come talk to me sometime, it's been a while)

Rolle    2440

I suggest server wipes be notified on the website a week before the actual wipe. 

Yesterday S1 was announced to get wiped today. Instead, S1 AND S2 got wiped. All those camps, gone.. C'mon, making mistakes like that is really unprofessional.

We can't have performance issues for a week before we fix it.

S2 was wiped on accident, I did the thing on mobile and I think I clicked on wrong IP in control panel. Sorry!

Jetwells    242

Personally, I think their should be a wipe every 1/2/3 months to keep the server fresh.

We can't have performance issues for a week before we fix it.

S2 was wiped on accident, I did the thing on mobile and I think I clicked on wrong IP in control panel. Sorry!

I accept your apology, whats done is done. Just try to keep things proffesional! 2 days beforehand would be great. Why not make a rule that huge hoards of camps should not be allowed? Otherwise you're gonna have to wipe the servers every month.. And when it's wiped, the feeling of survival is gone, cause all items are so abuntand. And of course the camps people took a lot of effort in, like Camp Hope, is really a waste to the roleplay.

SweetJoe    278

Personally, I think their should be a wipe every 1/2/3 months to keep the server fresh.

Honestly, I think we should have a lore wipe once a year just to start fresh.

Probably wasn't a mistake, my dude. Camps fuck with loot spawns, I found 2 barrels and a tent in the space of 20 mins, in the triangle. It's not really hard to get a camp back.

Or, you can not worry about storing gear and go RP *shrug* (not directed at you personally misty, still love you <3 come talk to me sometime, it's been a while)

Of course you find a lot of barrels now, because everything is wiped! You're looking at it the wrong way, for instance at Camp Hope we took a lot of effort to build a medical camp with supplies and we have to start it all over. Sure, we can spend a day or 2 rebuilding it, which is a waste of 2 days roleplaying at the camp.

Real talk.

Joules    225

I'm feelin' ya!

Either way, in relation to the suggestion...

I don't see a point in giving people a week notice. What will that accomplish? If someone really wanted to, they could get all their boys on, pick up their crap, and then when the server resets just set it down again. Would it be a pain in the ass? Yeah, but it could be done. 

Maybe I don't understand how these things work, but it seems counter intuitive to tell those who are hoarding and causing server performance issues when their goodies will be sent to Valhalla.

Real talk.

Jetwells    242

Not sure if sirius or not

I don't see a point in giving people a week notice. What will that accomplish? If someone really wanted to, they could get all their boys on, pick up their crap, and then when the server resets just set it down again. Would it be a pain in the ass? Yeah, but it could be done. 

Maybe I don't understand how these things work, but it seems counter intuitive to tell those who are hoarding and causing server performance issues when their goodies will be sent to Valhalla.

Pretty much what I was going to say I know a certain camp already exists where they pick up a bunch of tents before they log off then set them all back down again when they come online.

I was at a camp recently that I am fairly certain that the tents and everything inside them were all duped. That could be causing issues as well.

LoneStarrr    84

I personally think the one day notice is enough. If a person can't get on in that time frame (myself as an example) to pack up your shit, it's unfortunate but it's a fresh start for everyone. Sometimes it's good for everyone to start fresh again.

Would have been nice, but not a luxury that could have been afforded to us due to the persistent issues with the server.

Besides that, stashes are for suckers. :)

Para    173

I agree with putting up a limit to camps in all honesty. Outrun's Refuge camp, Camp 101, loads of camps have WAY too many tents with tons and tons of items in them. It takes my nice new solid 50fps in these small towns to a really painful 15-20fps. It also fucks with loot spawns to hoard that much stuff inside of all of those tents so i say a limit might actually be necessary.

On the other hand, it can be seen that hoarding stuff does make sense ICly. in a real life scenario a group of people would hoard as much stuff as they could to keep themselves going, it just makes sense to if people establish themselves somewhere.

All in all, these camps are just... meh. I don't know whether or not to like them or dislike them.

I agree with putting up a limit to camps in all honesty. Outrun's Refuge camp, Camp 101, loads of camps have WAY too many tents with tons and tons of items in them. It takes my nice new solid 50fps in these small towns to a really painful 15-20fps. It also fucks with loot spawns to hoard that much stuff inside of all of those tents so i say a limit might actually be necessary.

On the other hand, it can be seen that hoarding stuff does make sense ICly. in a real life scenario a group of people would hoard as much stuff as they could to keep themselves going, it just makes sense to if people establish themselves somewhere.

All in all, these camps are just... meh. I don't know whether or not to like them or dislike them.

As good as this would be, there just isnt enough moderation tools for keeping track of this yet to my knowledge

Zombru    23

I personally think stashes with 10+ tents is waaaaaaay over kill. You only need maybe 2 military tents, and that's for a large group of 20+. I don't think you should hoard 12 rifles and a military tent filled with peaches (I don't think anyone actually does that, just an example), but that's just me. The stuff isn't too hard to find, so I just don't see a point to hoarding it. I don't lose my gear all too often, so maybe that's why I think the way I do.

Eagle    341

Yay loot explosion.

Wipes should be a weekly or a monthly thing in my opinion with dates put up on the website.

jason hunter    56

Well...a Lore wipe would make sense due to the fact that we are already 721 days in the outbreak....

Rolle personally said that he is thinking about a reset to the lore when the Beta hits. No use for anual resets. Think like this:

"3 months till the lore resets and I lose all my progress. Why should I play?"

"1 month till the lore resets and I lose all my progress. Why should I play?"

"1 week till the lore resets and I lose all my progress. Why should I play?"

Won't work.

Think about all the groups and friendships that were useless in the end. All the events that can't be remembered. Also the player loss when they realize the wipe is getting closer.

No need to do it, not right now. But I'm hyped for when it comes.

SweetJoe    278

Well...a Lore wipe would make sense due to the fact that we are already 721 days in the outbreak....

I think so too Jason.

And yes i am serious Jet, although i can see how just one sentence without any follow up looks like a meme.  Jet, what are your thoughts on it? I am genuinely curious.

Rolle personally said that he is thinking about a reset to the lore when the Beta hits. No use for anual resets. Think like this:

"3 months till the lore resets and I lose all my progress. Why should I play?"

"1 month till the lore resets and I lose all my progress. Why should I play?"

"1 week till the lore resets and I lose all my progress. Why should I play?"

Won't work.

Think about all the groups and friendships that were useless in the end. All the events that can't be remembered. Also the player loss when they realize the wipe is getting closer.

No need to do it, not right now. But I'm hyped for when it comes.

I dont trust the devs deadlines, we could be waiting till next summer. Or longer.

Rose    140

To the people complaining about the tents, Its not just the tents causing issues. Its also all the garden plots that weren't despawning. Also a lot of people keep bringing up the camp 101 tents, those weren't just for one group there were a number of groups using those tents, and in all honesty I was getting little to no lag except for a small spike when I would walk into the area and all the tents would load in.

Yes tents can cause SOME lag but its not nearly as much as people are saying it does because if that was the case for everyone then why was it not effecting all of us who were in that area on a daily basis?

Keira    985

<3

I think it's mostly the glitch with garden plots and garden food items. They do not despawn and they do not rot as they did before. It was the same issue in Kabanino this same patch with the gardens.