Server time: 2017-08-20, 02:27

Sign in to follow this  
UnkaSunka

Hostile people

Question

UnkaSunka    1

Ok, so I have met like 5 or 6 players (groups) on my way to north west, and all of them were hostile and wanted to rob me. I didnt play in a while now because i know that if i go and loot towns or something like that im just gonna get robbed by the next people I find. I dont know where can I meet frienly people, is there like a friendly place to go or something. I just want to rp with people and not get robbed, thats it. Thank you.

17 answers to this question

But, the people robbing you want to roleplay too. Or they should.

Hex    31

No, there really is no 'safe place' to go thats assured. You can probably ask around, go into populated towns and see if there are any places that have security and are open to outsiders, but generally no place is safe forever/doesnt get attacked once and a while.

You will run into bad people, you will run into good people, its literally luck and where you generally find yourself. Going to the bandit triangle? ( NWAF, Vybor military base and Kabinino ) then chances are your going to run into some bad dudes. Its the cost of getting a shiney gun or cool gear. Head more east and you dont run into so many.

Mercy    494

Whenever I try to do nice RP it's either drop wep 10 sec or firefights or someone starts a war with us for no reason. I can't do nothing about it but sometimes Stary and Novy Sobor are good for RP since it's away from the 'bandit triangle'.

Castiel    1124

Stay out of the triangle and you'll meet less banditos. You'll meet less people in general but if you wanna avoid hostilities it's your best bet. So no Kabanino, Vybor, Stary, NWAF etc.

Marcunt    218

You either have horrible luck or you're doing something wrong. First mistake being: going to the airfield and other popular places for loot. Everyone knows that easy prey goes there for gearing up.

And for "friendly" places, go to Guglovo, there seems to be dank RP going on there these days. You'll get the hang of it eventually, where people go, what to do and what not to do. For example, if you don't want to get robbed or look like a massive so-called "bandit" yourself, avoid gearing up to the point that you look like a full-on soldier. (supersoldier) It makes you a massive target by others who are desperate for your dank loot.

Castiel    1124

What about tisy military base and around?

Any military base is gonna be a high target for bandits. By all means go ahead, but the risk is there. :P

Grimnir    588

What about tisy military base and around?

Why are you so focused on military bases? Friendly people aka civilians won't be there.

To be honest if I tell you a nice place to RP, then that place will be overrun by bandits. Maybe try your luck up north, i know for a fact that many Northern Alliance members are nice people... then again not all of them.

Razareth    213

Good day there my friend, it sounds like you are having a rough time adjusting to DayZRP.

May I suggest reading the following Guides to assist in your survival of these hostile individuals/groups.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Prince-s-Guide-On-How-Not-To-Get-Robbed

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-The-art-of-Complying

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-How-to-not-get-robbed-A-brief-guide-by-Petrovsky

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-So-you-ve-been-taken-hostage-a-basic-guide

These are very informative and helpful starts to getting you more acquainted with your fellow survivors or captors.

Remember: just as you are looking for a nice friendly chat, some people enjoy looking for the perfect "mark" to take hostage.

However don't give up, there are some friendly individuals roaming about.

Myself included :).

Hopefully our paths will cross at some stage.

UnkaSunka    1

I dont like military bases, I was never to the "bandit triangle" as you guys like to call it. But i was just running up north and looting up towns until i got to tisy and some people robbed me at the forrest pretty close to the base, and I lost my only gun that i got on my way there. And now im up north with no gun to protect myself...

As weird as it sounds, you don't need a gun to protect yourself. Not on this server, where the rules protect you much more than a gun ever could.

Thumper said it best. Want to survive? F2 is your best weapon.

Melvin    84

Hello. It's your boy CHANG here to give his input on the question.

Hostilities are an inevitability on a server like this. It's unrealistic to think otherwise. The thing is, you are looking at this the wrong way. Rather then ask why you are constantly robbed, rather ask how you can make each one an experience for both parties.

Hostile/Bandit roleplay are easily the hardest style of roleplay to pull off because of how easily you can get a banstrike if you fuck up. Hence, the guys doing it are probably experienced at it.

But, if you want to avoid getting robbed, I would suggest carrying things of little to no value. Hence, nobody would rob you for gear and only for the genuine roleplay.

Have I answered your question? :)

Lyca    678

Hey there,

As the others said:

Dont have valuable thing with you like highpower-rifles or hunting backpack etc. When people dont want your shit they dont want to rob you.

Stay ayway from the triangle. Kabanino, Stary, Novy most likely.

But let me say that.

Hostilities and being a hostage can also be immense fun because there can be so much RP and from my experience it is great for character developement.

As weird as it sounds, you don't need a gun to protect yourself. Not on this server, where the rules protect you much more than a gun ever could.

Thumper said it best. Want to survive? F2 is your best weapon.

Rules protect you better then any gun now a days especially that magical button.

Skinner    435

If you are walking around in a zombie apocalypse with military grade gear and you are unable to defend it, expect people to try to take it from you. It will happen. There should also be some RP though, make sure not to get upset and huff and puff and be all quiet. Instead:

• Let them know about how you keep getting robbed
  • ask them if they are part of the group that robbed you earlier
  • maybe they know of who robbed you earlier if you describe them. 
  • Perhaps they are even the enemy of whoever robbed you earlier, in that case maybe they'll even sympathize with you or let you go with your gear if you can give them some info on the last known location of their enemy or something. 
  • Try to figure out the motivations of the robber. Are they doing this to protect their family? Supply a refugee camp? To fund their crazy experiments? Because the voices in their head said to?? Figuring it out will be interesting!
  • do they operate in this area usually or did they just happen to be here due to pure luck? 
  • Are they robbing you out of some kind of code, did you do something wrong in their eyes? 
  • Perhaps there is something you can offer to do for them or information they need that will persuade them to let you go with your gear? 
  • Maybe you can even help each other?

My point is, when you put your hands up and you backpack and gun on the ground, I totally understand that it's upsetting sometimes and your mind starts to wonder if these guys are just going to do a 10 second robbery for your gun, but try your best to stay IC, stay sharp, and plenty of good RP can still be had if you don't sit there repeatedly asking "Why are you doing this?" or even worse, sitting there in complete silence (or with short, one word answers) only to complain later that the robbers suck at RP.

Don't feel discouraged! Keep at it!

UnkaSunka    1

Well all of your suggestions are pretty interesting and I will try to use them for the rp, especially avoiding the so called "bandit triangle". Thank you for your time guys :)

Mazer    5

I dont like military bases, I was never to the "bandit triangle" as you guys like to call it. But i was just running up north and looting up towns until i got to tisy and some people robbed me at the forrest pretty close to the base, and I lost my only gun that i got on my way there. And now im up north with no gun to protect myself...

Up North is good and friendly if you run into the Northern Alliance, just don't ask too many questions or be really shady and you'll be fine! ;)

Hey there,

As the others said:

Dont have valuable thing with you like highpower-rifles or hunting backpack etc. When people dont want your shit they dont want to rob you.

Stay ayway from the triangle. Kabanino, Stary, Novy most likely.

But let me say that.

Hostilities and being a hostage can also be immense fun because there can be so much RP and from my experience it is great for character developement.

Lyca is right, probably the best way to develop your character would be from hostage situations. You get actual first hand experience with different people's characters and it can give your character knowledge about people and other things, it can make you feel relevant..(Just me?) and also can give your character drive for revenge.