Server time: 2018-08-19, 09:40

Sign in to follow this  
Slinkaaay

Opinions needed. Character creation after permedeath

I have been playing DayZRP the last couple of weeks after a year hiatus. I have been playing the same character because I never really died do to anything besides a server issue or accidental KOS.  Well I was accidently poisoned by petrol when I was either carrying it and clicking while I was open a door or a canteen I found and didn't empty.  I fought the sickness and lost.  There was some epic RP involved with a friend I was rolling with as well as the stranger that brought me back from unconsciousness, but I succumbed the next day alone in the streets.  I would like to start fresh and I have a character story I would like to run by the community.

Warren Michael was assigned by the CIA to protect Dr. Lance Marshall, an American virologist.  Dr. Marshalls mission, under the guise of the CDC and WHO was to get samples of the live virus and fast track a cure in secret for the top officials of the U.S. Government. Dr. Marshall did obtain samples from patient zero and may have developed a vaccine.  Dr. Marshall was killed during in the process of trying to get the information out of Chenarus.

Now the information is hidden in the hands of Warren Michael.  He has been trying to establish communication with the US to electronically to send back.  He has come to the realization that if he cannot do this he must find an available scientist to possibly look at the data and see if its legit.

What do you think?  I would like some feed back, what is especially difficult for my coming up with a story is the two years that have elapsed since then.

Thanks ******(Revised Full Version Below*****

Slink

Dr. Marshall did obtain samples from patient zero and may have developed a vaccine. 

/Moved to general discussion.

I'd say this section is sorta power gaming out original lore.

If you're going with this, you will need to change two things. 1, he didn't get samples to possibly find a cure. Which leads to two. Two, you don't have the information either, obviously.

Dr. Marshall did obtain samples from patient zero and may have developed a vaccine. 

Please explain, I obviously don't have the cure.  I could and most likely have useless samples.  The roleplay will be more compelling if Warren believes he does possibly have the cure.  I am just the body guard I wouldn't understand the science.

Please explain, I obviously don't have the cure.  I could and most likely have useless samples.  The roleplay will be more compelling if Warren believes he does possibly have the cure.  I am just the body guard I wouldn't understand the science.

It's not that you have the cure, the power game comes from you obtaining samples from patient zero.

Alright I have had some time to develop this.  What do you think now.

Warren Michael enlisted in the CIA directly out of college and attended training at Camp Peary Virginia, also know as "The Farm".  After training he was assigned to the national clandestine operations division.  After 9-11 he was sent in with over 100 officers of the CIA to overthrow the Taliban and eliminate Al Qaeda operatives.  Upon his return he was assigned to assist with training ops for new recruits, as well as various overseas protection details for high level government officials.

When reports of the virus started to be intercepted, the U.S. government implemented a program based partially on the National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza published in 2005. It has been modified over the years but the major goals of the Federal Government response to a pandemic remained the same: (1) stop, slow, or otherwise limit the spread of a pandemic to the United States; (2) limit the domestic spread of a pandemic, and mitigate disease, suffering and death; and (3) sustain infrastructure and mitigate impact to the economy and the functioning of society.  What was not in the brief was Operation PRIMUS LOCUS.  In Latin it means First Place. It was called Primus for short.

Its goal and mission was simple and to the point. Get in and retrieve samples, fast track a vaccine first to administer to the upper echelon of the US government to insure the continuity of the Federal Government.

Warren Michael was assigned to the protection detail of Dr. Lance Marshall.  Dr. Marshall is a leading virologist who was the Vice chairman of The International Committee on the Taxonomy of Viruses.  Dr. Marshall was sent in under the guise of the WHO (World Heath Organization) and a senior advisor for the CDC (Center for Disease Control).

Dr. Marshall and Warren Michael arrived in Chenarus on October 10th 2014, the day before Order 62 was implemented.  They were almost overrun in Zelenogorsk trying to track down patient zero. They failed, withdrew to Vybor and requested assistance from the influx of support of the WHO which was requested from the Prime Minister. They retreated when the virus hit Vybor and set up a makeshift lab in a farm house on the outskirts of Lopantino. In an old antiquated fallout shelter Dr. Marshall had believed he was close to developing a working vaccine. Dr. Marshall did not have the equipment needed to synthesize a prototype cure.  Some of his research in those first couple of weeks was based on trying to isolate proteins in the blood of Warren Michael who was bitten in Zelenogorsk and did not develop any symptoms.

Warren and Lance left the confines of the shelter to find utter chaos, upon seeing the destruction and hordes of the infected they stashed Dr. Marshalls research and set out to find other doctors that might assist in the area.  Unfortunately Dr. Marshall stepped on a land mine on the outskirts of the north west airfield and was killed instantly.

The task is now on the shoulders of Warren Michael to retrieve the research and get it to the right people.

Looks alot better, i see no problem with this story right now. What i would do to make sure is pm one of the loremasters with you're story, they can review it in more depth and give you the green or red light.

After you perma death you should create a ghost, thats only right, right?

I've been playing a crazy Doctor/scientist for more than a month now. Pavel has been trying to obtain as much information as possible to try and come close to finding a cure. I've had tremendous fun with this character, whether it's taking test subjects and carrying out human experiments or just pretending he's a smart Doctor. However having this information for a cure can be power gaming the lore. Perhaps you should have a small portion of data that might remotely help a STEP in solving the infection.

Good idea, but I wouldn't make him have a ton of information on the infection.

Why the CIA? I'm genuinely curious. The mission you described for Warren isn't really the CIA's job at all, and Dr. Marshall's role/story doesn't really make sense. The ICTV is a real organization that literally just does what it's named for: taxonmy, i.e. naming, of viruses. They're not epidemiologists. What you're describing sounds more like the Epidemic Intelligence Service, a subset of the CDC. Protection details wouldn't be drawn from CIA, they'd be from either Special Forces (for a covert operation), general US military that were already assigned to that region, or civilian contractors.

You could simplify this an awful lot and make it orders of magnitude more believable without changing the fundamental IG RP. The EIS (as a subdivision of CDC) wouldn't have to *pretend* to be with WHO, they routinely work on epidemics in international settings and (presumably) have a solid working relationship with the WHO. PRIMUS LOCUS isn't correct either; in an epidemic like this, first recipients of a vaccine are almost always the people who would be administering the vaccine to others, followed by the leadership structure, then everybody else. Based on what research I could do online over the course of about half an hour, coupled with what I already know, US military would be drawn on for a protection detail LONG before anyone tried to call in the CIA, who contrary to popular opinion do not have their own private army.

I have to agree a lot with FiftyFootAnt on this. But if you are heart set on the CIA, there likely would be CIA in country somewhere, likely the U.S Embassy in the country. I know I wrote up something up for a character a while back about being assigned to a listening post keeping track of the political going ons in the area. Something like this, where you would be in the area for another reason, but due to the quarantine, you were tasked with another assignment.

Its well established in the lore that the U.N and WHO were in country, there was also Russian influence as well, so you can have a Doctor from just about anywhere in the world there that had been doing research through WHO while being protected by the U.N. As the country destabilized, countries would be either pulling assets out of the country or reassigning them after the complete quarantine. This would likely be the point that you would have received orders to find an assist him after loss of contact with his U.N support team. You discovered him before he arrived at the bunker, continue the storyline.

Its a relatively simple adjustment, mostly to the doctor's background. This also leaves you out of the beginning of his research, leaving camps that would likely have had his previous research notes left behind, so you took it upon yourself to trace his patch to the bunker, collecting everything you can, giving you a reason to cross the map.

Thats my thoughts at least.