Server time: 2018-08-16, 23:20

Sign in to follow this  
harrybutcher123

Glitches ruining your will to play?

I know getting attached to your gear is bad, and I know the game is still pre alpha... But in all honesty, how many more times do I need to get a truck working, to eventually die running down a staircase in a house 5 minutes later? 

Feels bad man... feels pretty bad...

Don't really "meet" any glitches. Maybe I'm super lucky? So it doesn't really ruin my will to play

Just vault whenever you go upstairs in a house, and don't run on stairs.

Don't really "meet" any glitches. Maybe I'm super lucky? So it doesn't really ruin my will to play

It may be that I am truly cursed then, as DayZ (especially DayzRRP) is my most played and preferred game but the love doesn't seem to go both ways.. It really seems to be the stair bug that gets me though, in police stations and the little green houses. Seems like my only option is to avoid them at all costs..

Hope the luck continues to be in your favour bud.

Just vault whenever you go upstairs in a house, and don't run on stairs.

Cheers for the tip pal, will make sure to utilise this in future.

When you throw a backpack and fall over. Always fun.

When a Pagan punches you once in the face on full blood and you die... Always fun

I haven't died from a glitch for a while now. So, I am good. Well, then again, I haven't played since last Friday...

When a Pagan punches you once in the face on full blood and you die... Always fun

Pagans have iron fists.

Been a while since I've been killed in game from a glitch but yeah, they can be annoying but I guess we've all gotten use to dealing with it because the games been like this for so long.

Please, please, please... don't run up those damn stairs, they're cursed! ;)

I haven't died from a glitch for a while now. So, I am good. Well, then again, I haven't played since last Friday...

congratulations! you jinxed it ;)

Don't think I have ever died from a glitch.

This is a cold lie! Its DayZ everyone has died from a glitch!

I'm honestly trying to think of one... Nope.

If that's true, you are one of a kind .. Most of us have been Dean Hall'd at least once or twice.

One time, my character did the thing where he randomly sprints as I open the inventory. While I was on a rooftop. I landed on something sticking out of the wall just a meter down from the roof, but there was no way up. Eventually I had to jump, since there was no other option. It happened in the middle of RP as well, so it was pretty awkward.

If that's true, you are one of a kind .. Most of us have been Dean Hall'd at least once or twice.

One time, my character did the thing where he randomly sprints as I open the inventory. While I was on a rooftop. I landed on something sticking out of the wall just a meter down from the roof, but there was no way up. Eventually I had to jump, since there was no other option. It happened in the middle of RP as well, so it was pretty awkward.

That sounds like a pretty bad one dude! Mine was two days go, I had probably spent around 2 hours fixing a V3S up from the myshiko tents (they seem to like spawning in there very often!) I had also been robbed prior as I had a some crafted leather apparel equipped, which was already a real bummer. Anyway, I had managed to get this thing finally up and running and had made a quick pit-stop in the town of myshkino to have a quick drink and hopefully pick up a few chicken breasts. I, for some reason god only knows decided to check the cursed small green house near the edge of town for a backpack which I indeed found, and intended to use to store items for trading in the future. Things were looking good, I had finally managed to get myself a vehicle and was relatively prepared for survival again, until I ran down the stairs and then... "You are dead"

I never usually take these things to heart but damn.. I had never been in such a good position before. I had a Travelling home with fuel in the tank, items to trade and an imaginary smile slapped on my characters ugly face... Oh well, I guess we go again!

Honestly, one of the charming things about this game is the glitches. I don't think I ever played a game where climbing up a stairs to the police station can lead me to frantically press vault and murmuring my last prayers because I believe I am going to die.

Ob9MAEz.gif

ayylmao

Glitches are annoying, but it doesn't make me not want to play the game. I know there are plenty of bugs in the game. I just go along with it and prey that I don't get fucked.

Even though there are bugs that get you killed, there are also the good bugs where you fall off a 5ft apartment building and survive.

Guys just keep walking on stairs and you will be fine, sprinting on stairs can desync your characters and thats the way you die because the engine's thoughts are always logical. You levitated and fell down.

Feels bad man..

I got killed so many times by glitches that I just stop caring at one point.

Ob9MAEz.gif

ayylmao

Glitches are annoying, but it doesn't make me not want to play the game. I know there are plenty of bugs in the game. I just go along with it and prey that I don't get fucked.

Even though there are bugs that get you killed, there are also the good bugs where you fall off a 5ft apartment building and survive.

so true, beanZ to that good sir

Yeah, I feel you man. I survived two hostage scenarios and three initiations just to fall through a staircase. It hurts your pride and story pretty bad (along with a few hours of your life), but it's always recoverable. I think that dying while falling is the biggest bug in the game. I haven't come across any other glitches that have significantly ruined my RP.

*Smells the air around him* Anyone else smell bullshit?