Server time (UTC): 2019-06-17, 11:55
Sign in to follow this  
Tayto

Men playing as girl characters.

18909d1405839800-seat-upgrade-oh-no-not-again-thumb-jpg

I'm triggered

19yhwy.jpg

RP is about storytelling and getting into the head of your characters. It's about dropping them into ANY situation and knowing exactly how they'd respond.

That being said? Exploring characterizations to get your character to that point is half the enjoyment of character development and storytelling. Why do great writers like Anne Rice create stories from the point of view of Lestat, a French male? Because sometimes these characters speak to us and need their story to be told.

There are no limits to your imagination, and there never should be.

The free loot mate.

Pretty much. People give grills free shit in game.

Seen it plenty.

Can confirm

The free loot mate.

Seen it plenty.

Can confirm

Can confirm this confirmation

Seen it plenty.

Can confirm

Can confirm this confirmation of this confirmation

Can confirm

Are you all girls?

Are you all girls?

I identify as a toaster oven.

God, I love memes.

I think it is fairly normal psychological phenomena that people tend to play characters that are opposite gender as they are. For example, when I create a character in any game that has character customization, I usually go for female.

And I think it is good that people play as opposite gender. I mean that the whole point of roleplay is that you take the role of completely another person.

Also the DayZRP player base has more males than females. Considering that real world has male to female ratio close to 50/50. If everyone played the same gender as they are we would have... well... sausage fest in Chernarus. I like that people try to balance this as playing as opposite gender.

Also, let's try to keep this thread on topic boys and girls!

This seems to be brought up every couple of months, not sure why another thread is necessary, but since you seemed curious

The Easy answer is:

Chernarus is an entirely fictional place, every single one of us who RP's ANYONE is becoming someone who they are not IRL.  If someone chooses a gender other than their own and can do so without being a troll and immerse others in their character, then that is the very name of the game.

-snip-

-snip-

I identify as a toaster oven.

37b0584e52.jpg

Alright, this is a thread to discuss if you can't do that without the memes don't post.

Hi...

I don't want to trigger anyone nor do I want to hurt your feelings... But, why do men, grown men. Play as girl characters? I am really confused... Seriously, why? All you do is limit your RP experience! Okay, other men might bum lick you and give free gear... (ew) but you can't use VOIP?! Why do you play as a girl instead of a man? 

That's all.

This is what I called a VERY selective way of thinking :D

Now I'll say this. I played this game for a few years now and I've seen how it's evolved.. Like to make the point come across I've been playing since I was 15 and I turn 19 in December so I spent a decent chunk of my life in this community xD

So now look, I don't mind having lasses RP lasses but then ICly the Men/Women would be really out of order. I remember back in mod days if anyone so much as saw a FEMALE character they'd FUCKING run around her and surround her just be drooling over her, even if behind the screen it was a male. It was even more effective when it was an actual lass on the mic. I did the test with a friend of mine where she pretended to cry for 3 seconds in an offroad. I came back around to the corner to see my offroad surrounded by everyone in the camp, everyone inside MY offroad just asking "Hey you ok?" "Hey you want some drink?" "Hey what's up I can help". People were JUST rushing for any females they saw. Nowadays I see a female (real in the back of the screen or just a guy RPing a lass) every day and I feel like that issue that happened in Mod days is something from the past and frankly I'm quite happy it is. I frankly don't care who is behind the screen and RPing a girl as long as you do it right (Normal RP not "Let's fuck 24/7" RP) and if you can deal with the few guys who will effectively stalk you.. 

PS : I've had a few guys who did MUCH better RP with just text RP then actual gals using Mics/Text. Please don't that this out of context, not saying gals don't know how to RP but if said briefly. Some guys RP females really well and you should give it a chance. I will give a VERY random opinion FreyZ played a female character called 'Kelly' in the past. I can tell you this right now that he gave me some of the best RP I could remember in two separate occasions where I did meet his character.

((Sorry for making this long but I've got a lot of opinions when it comes to this and how I really don't mind if it is RPed properly. I also know how RP looked like 3 years ago when you were lucky to see 1 female IG and have 10 guys surround her for 'OBVIOUS' reasons.))

Hi...

I don't want to trigger anyone nor do I want to hurt your feelings... But, why do men, grown men. Play as girl characters? I am really confused... Seriously, why? All you do is limit your RP experience! Okay, other men might bum lick you and give free gear... (ew) but you can't use VOIP?! Why do you play as a girl instead of a man? 

That's all.

That's like asking why women play men in character. Why people play children when they're adults. Maybe they want a different experience and they want to try out how to act like a girl (like crashing cars a lot more hehehe) but in all seriousness this shouldn't be a problem in anyone's eyes. It's not limiting when you can roleplay a women who has been shot and can't have children. How you can play men on and break their hearts like men do with women. There's a lot more to it than just having text rp and not doing voip. It's a whole new experience to try out. Curiosity is better than not being curious at all I say.

As many have stated that it is up to their imagination, and that is why they want to play a female. To get different responces, and be something different for a change. I myself have made a text rp guide, and have stated in it a few facts of roleplaying and how its evolved through time. What I dont understand is how voip even matters if you play female or male. Before voip was even a thing, you wouldn't be able to tell if who you were rping with was a female or male. Which I dont really see a problem with honestly.

I play a female, because I am a female. I been thinking of playing male, just to see how people react to me if I wasn't a female. I will say, that being a female has many advantages. I have also played a kid before, and love doing so.

Its really up to what you love roleplaying as, and to make new different experiences. If you love playing a crazy cannibal go for it! If you like playing a super solider, then do it. If a guy wants to play a girl, and likes it. Then who are you to say that they cant, and that it hinders them.

I think its the opposite, and strengthens their roleplay. Apposed to someone who sticks to the normal, and never takes chances with their stories.

Well to make more RP. Girl rp is a bit different from boy rp I guess. At least from my experience!