Server time: 2018-08-20, 12:33

Sign in to follow this  
Tayto

Men playing as girl characters.

I sometimes play a female character. Why do I do it? Why do I play female characters in Skyrim and other games too? My reason is really simple. I like female models more then male models. I prefer to look at a female's ass when I'm playing a third person game instead of a guy ass.

I might even have been the first guy to use female models ingame on dayzrp and people were like, wtf you're a guy. Then I got mad and made them sing the Russian anthem or die. My excuse for my male voice was that a bandit had slit my throat and my vocal cords were messed up.

Some of you make it sound like women are another species entirely. The leap you have to take to roleplay a woman as a man is much, much smaller than the leap you have to take to roleplay having a different upbringing for example. If you have no problem pretending to be ex-military even though you're not, I'm sure you can imagine that it's not difficult to pretend to be a woman even though you're not. Women, like men, are just humans after all. 

The biggest issue I see is that it's difficult to use voip if you have a particularly low voice. But then we arrive at more of a text vs voip discussion, which has nothing to do with genders.

Some of you make it sound like women are another species entirely. The leap you have to take to roleplay a woman as a man is much, much smaller than the leap you have to take to roleplay having a different upbringing for example. If you have no problem pretending to be ex-military even though you're not, I'm sure you can imagine that it's not difficult to pretend to be a woman even though you're not. Women, like men, are just humans after all. 

The biggest issue I see is that it's difficult to use voip if you have a particularly low voice. But then we arrive at more of a text vs voip discussion, which has nothing to do with genders.

Good point, are you new?

Good point, are you new?

Yes seems like a fun place but what's the passphrase?

Good point, are you new?

Yes seems like a fun place but what's the passphrase?

You know I can't tell you that pal, please refer to a CH, the chums with the orange names. Or jump on Teamspeak and wait at the helpdesk.

Alright. Im gunna weigh in here on this because I do play female characters quite a bit on DayZRP. One of which I actually use my voice for the other I wholesomely text rp.

If it makes sense, if it's serious, if it isn't trolly why wouldn't you? In all reality there are a severe lack of females in Chernarus to date. I feel as though the void is filled by exceptionally competent males playing as females. But as to why? Everyone has their reasons, maybe the fact that they get grilled for using accents at their place of living (I do all the time). And maybe they prefer the silence on their end. Or maybe it's just the character they feel like playing?

That's often why people who are in groups play alts. Because maybe they need a break? They can't get into character as well and maybe they gravitate to another character to mix things up, keep things fresh and interesting. This is inclusive of playing a female character and text rping. 

The best way I can describe it, is they feel like it. I felt like it for awhile because the characters I made are beyond intriguing to me. 

Also, don't knock it til' you try it.

I too enjoy playing a female character so that men will give me free gear and lick my bumhole.

On a serious note though, why does it really matter? RPing with text doesn't limit RP itself so don't really get what you're trying to argue/complain about.

Im a woman IRL I play as female characters and have played male ones before in other communities, I prefer TextRP no matter the gender tbh.

And frankly Why do you even care? Who cares what gender they want to RP as, it doesn't limit RP by any means. There are plenty of people in the community who only use TextRP and play the same gender, and it doesn't limit their RP either.

Like others have said, As long as no rules are being broken then why does it even matter to you?

I too enjoy playing a female character so that men will give me free gear and lick my bumhole.

On a serious note though, why does it really matter? RPing with text doesn't limit RP itself so don't really get what you're trying to argue/complain about.

One is simply not arguing.

One is simply curious.

Im a woman IRL I play as female characters and have played male ones before in other communities, I prefer TextRP no matter the gender tbh.

And frankly Why do you even care? Who cares what gender they want to RP as, it doesn't limit RP by any means. There are plenty of people in the community who only use TextRP and play the same gender, and it doesn't limit their RP either.

Like others have said, As long as no rules are being broken then why does it even matter to you?

Why does it matter to me?

Missy, I never understood why people did it... So I wanted to know why.

Why does it matter to you?

It is their life, their RP, their character, and their fun that they are trying to have. It doesn't say in the rules that it is prohibited so who are we to question them? I've had nothing but good experiences with the people being discussed anyways.

I'm a female playing a male.

Why?

Because I prefer text RP, hate my own voice and because I uhm.... want to.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am really confused... Seriously, why? All you do is limit your RP experience! Okay, other men might bum lick you and give free gear... (ew) but you can't use VOIP?!

One is simply curious.

One does not seem curious but insulting rp style of others over a lack of experience.

One could have phrased it better and not stated stupid stereotypes if one expected actually serious answers.

One can also always use the forum search function if curious about the topic : 

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Text-Rp-Guide?highlight=text

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-To-all-those-Text-RPers?highlight=text

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Text-RP-issues?highlight=text

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Text-RP-within-Settlements?highlight=text

There needs to be more female characters though, so I honestly do not mind as long as they don't ask me for ERP. That's way too weird.

what'chu talking about matey.

f7cUwVp.png

There needs to be more female characters though, so I honestly do not mind as long as they don't ask me for ERP. That's way too weird.

f7cUwVp.png

That's uh... That's Outrun for ya.

Lol! Is this serious? They want to expand there role play. There is nothing wrong with it. Even I have rped a girl.

One is simply curious.

Well for one you're trying to judge people in your original post by saying "why do grown men roleplay as a female". That's why it matters to me. 

"Missy, I never understood why people did it... So I wanted to know why." 

Well okay people gave you answers and you just reply with shitty post that make you seem angry or something. No need to be rude and disrespectful to people who give you answers.

f7cUwVp.png

That's uh... That's Outrun for ya.

Mhm...

6cc0efae7c.jpg

Outrun's slogan:

NNyUYPZ.png

I mean thats why I play them you would know about that right? :troll:

But the real reason I play one currently? I cant be arsed to talk through voip and its much "safer" playing a female when you're in the final warning zone like I am.

Then why not ask the people doing it directly?

From what im seeing you are just getting rude and judgy towards people over this.

its much "safer" playing a female when you're in the final warning zone like I am.

What? What does the gender of your role play character have to do with your final warning?

its much "safer" playing a female when you're in the final warning zone like I am.

What? What does the gender of your role play character have to do with your final warning?

People are naturally less hostile towards females than they are to other men therefore I get into less hostile situations that may or may not result in reports being put up. It also takes my voice out of the equation which if you dont know me I curse and speak my mind all the time and it often gets me in trouble.

There was one of these threads a while back that was literally asking the same question. (Search function)

I am not a grown man so I'm not sure I'm your target here, but I will make the same point I made in the old thread.

I myself am indeed a male and I have played mainly female characters in my time here. It's not because I would like to be a girl, not because I want to get special treatment or because I want to ERP with guys, but simply because I have these characters in my mind for a long time and I just decide to write them down and this is a great place to RP as those characters. It something a lot of writers do, they come up with interesting characters and build stories for them. It really doesn't matter if my character is female or male at all, I have the same passion to explore that character and see how he or she turns out.

I personally thought it was weird when I first joined the community, but then I realized that IC and OOC are very much different things especially in this community. You do things ICly that do not matter OOCly at all. Your characters can have relationships IC and you don't care about it OOC. It's something that took some time to realize for me.

You have to realize the potential RP that text RP offers as well.

This is pointless

And every time someone tells me it's weird that I play a girl character

BsLZgXz.gif

People are naturally less hostile towards females than they are to other men therefore I get into less hostile situations that may or may not result in reports being put up.

He's not wrong tbh.

I get annoyed when people who text rp type really slow. Especially when I am trying to walk and talk but the person is stopped for a minute saying *says nothing* or some shit. But hey that's just a personal gripe not gonna try and stop anyone from doing their thing. I just feel you get put at a disadvantage when things get hostile and it generally slows the game down.

Limits RP experience? Oh my, you're very misinformed. Text RP opens up many RP opportunities that voip does not, mainly things like emotes.

Also, I really don't see the point of this thread, you offer nothing to discuss and the way you come across just feels like you're trying to start shit.

But hey, what do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yes, thats why i do it, free gear and getting my bumhole licked. Not because my textrp is better than my voip rp, just for the free gear and bumlicking.

giphy.gif

seriously, i started just trying out but i enjoy it more than voip or rping as a male and thats why i am still rping as a female.

Yeah you're right.