Server time: 2019-03-26, 19:19 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
StriderV

Questions about the PR Manager position

I was a bit confused as to why we need something like a "PR manager", when was the role created?

When i was in staff ,  other staff members took care of the Facebook and Twitter. Moderators and higher, like myself even did at one point.

The role was Created for Jim,  and now we have another for what seems in my opinion no reason other than to give someone a forum title and rank because they are friends

I was a bit confused as to why we need something like a "PR manager", when was the role created?

When JimRP donated tons of money and told Rolle of his ability to advertise and bring in big streamers and youtubers. I believe in May...

Correct and I did get a bunch of content creators on the server and am still working on getting many more in the server.

When i was in staff ,  other staff members took care of the Facebook and Twitter. Moderators and higher, like myself even did at one point.

The role was Created for Jim,  and now we have another for what seems in my opinion no reason other than to give someone a forum title and rank because they are friends

I have already replied why Keira was picked for this position.

Surely they posses some responsibilities though? I wouldn't think such a role would last long with no tasks to fulfill? And btw running a twitter is pretty minimal, anyone could do that.

I have already replied why Keira was picked for this position.

Because she can post on Twitter and play facebook games?

So, from reading this thread i'm getting the vibe that anyone with a Facebook account has the ability to be a PR manager

This whole post comes off as someone got something and someone else wants it. Pr managers breath life and bring members to the community. they are our public relations with anyone outside of the community. They spend countless hours working closely with ytubers and streamers to keep us afloat in these times of lower population.

Edit: To the folks who contiune to say that anyone with a FB or Twitter could be a PR manager you are sorely mistaken. Not only do they have to stay ontop of and manage those resources, They also have to be able to tollerate people no matter the person. I for on am very anti social but have a FB, Twitter does not mean I Want to advertise and do the things PR managers are required to do

To be honest, it is unfortunate we are glorifying the succession of quantity over quality. Yeah you brought a couple "popular" streamers, but at what cost? Just to give the staff team a shit ton of work, just to peel away at all the minges in order to find the needles in the haystack. Doesn't seem very worth to me.

More like a short-term personal goal

This whole post comes off as someone got something and someone else wants it. Pr managers breath life and bring members to the community. they are our public relations with anyone outside of the community. They spend countless hours working closely with ytubers and streamers to keep us afloat in these times of lower population.

I was waiting for someone to call me jealous. I don't want the PR position btw.

Welp. I guess it helps to say I switched to PM Manager for a few days, and these are just my thoughts. I felt pretty silly joining PR because honestly Staggs put his heart into everything on DayZRP, and was pretty much doing LM + PR + GM work in one. There was really nothing to do. So first and foremost it's a one person job. That's it. Apologies, but this is a relatively small community that does not really need two PMs. I worked for another company, a giant international outdoors company in social media outreach for two years. That department was three people, and that's for a company that made over 1.5 billion dollars in annual net sales. I realize this isn't any person's paid position, but there really is not a crazy amount of work that really is required especially from the social media aspect. There's only 2k followers on Twitter, and let's be honest Facebook is not really that popular for a social media outlet for a gaming community. Your primary media outlet is going to be the forums and Twitter.

There was not that many tweets at all to handle, there was barely 10 minutes of work to respond to daily with the Twitter. This is not an overloaded position, this is not a position that can not be easily done by one person. Apologies if this hurts anyone's feelings, but if you can not do this position alone you're probably not ideal for the position.

I don't even see any results at all. PsiSyndicate, Mr. Moon, all these people played on DayZRP before. They made DayZRP, we didn't do anything to get them back. There's so many areas in which can be improved, but PR? Maybe we'll actually start seeing results not with a second PR, but my honest opinion is that the Loremaster team should be larger. That's the team that is the core and driving force, they're here to supply a story, events, and ideas to get users into the game. The LMs now are great, but that department if anything should get helping hands not PR. The LM team really should be getting attention and whatever help they need to help provide this server with more activity, stories, and events. 

We don't need to focus on getting new people in, we need to focus also on retaining people into this community. Many are leaving, many are bored, and even an admin stated the other night that they barely played because the servers are boring, and nothing happens. 

Have a good one.

I see no issue with having more staff. The bigger the team the better. Even if there is little to do, it gets done quickly with two people than one. Keira obviously has a lot of experience and was the perfect fit for the job. Plus is there even a reason to ask why she got picked? Wouldn't it be obvious that she has more experience than most people or she would not of obtained that rank? (Both Rolle and Jim select them)

Also if the white lists are dropping than would that not be a clear sign that we need more PR team members to bring those back up?

How in the world is it negative to have two PR members instead of one? Does it affect any of our experience in this community, because it sounds like from this question, it does.

It seems everyone has neglected the fact that Keira actually has a degree in Marketing. Maybe she's actually pretty well qualified and will do a lot more than social media?

I can't help but get the impression that people are actually getting upset over the fact that she was chosen. Why?

It seems everyone has neglected the fact that Keira actually has a degree in Marketing. Maybe she's actually pretty well qualified and will do a lot more than social media?

I can't help but get the impression that people are actually getting upset over the fact that she was chosen. Why?

Because I'm supposed to know that she has a degree? Okay, my bad then. And there it goes again "ur just jelly haha" like no I just have concerns. Thank you very much.

It seems everyone has neglected the fact that Keira actually has a degree in Marketing. 

Well I am about to graduate with a degree in Marketing, Finance, and Business Administration

Do I get PR/Admin/Community Accountant?

Because I'm supposed to know that she has a degree? Okay, my bad then. And there it goes again "ur just jelly haha" like no I just have concerns. Thank you very much.

I just figured someone would have mentioned that by now. Also, I'm not implying that you're jealous by any means. I was kind of surprised to see her in staff, but it made sense to me after I thought about it for a bit. I think she'll do a good job or we'll quickly realize there isn't any work to be done and that will be that.

It seems everyone has neglected the fact that Keira actually has a degree in Marketing. 

Well I am about to graduate with a degree in Marketing, Finance, and Business Administration

Do I get PR/Admin/Community Accountant?

PM Rolle. :D

Nobody is neglecting it, nobody actually knows this. Hell I didn't know this until I saw this post. Nobody gets told why certain people are chosen to get PR manager, theres no info on it everywhere, even within staff we're not told. Thats the concern here.

/moved to general discussions i guess?  

But the whole situation doesnt make any sense to me.

We have removed the Dev rank multiple times because there was no real need.   We removed Loremasters and cut down the staff team when we don't need that amount of people when the community is in decline.

The community is in Decline and we are still handing out staff ranks like candy. And tbh One PR manager is way too much to begin with, let alone someone who is just going to manage the FB and twitter.

What about some context on the PR position, I'd be interested to hear what the job entails and what you do each day that makes you for fill your rank, Do you have enough things to do so we need two people in the PR team? I think people are looking for some context in what you actually do other then twitter and facebook? I am all for a PR team I would just love to see regular updates on what you do.

Sorry Whip, /Moved to General Discussion. ;)

Seeing as the Facebook and Twitter are rarely, if ever used, I can see this as a positive. Looking at the Facebook, it last posted something July 5th. What about small time streamers? Some of us stream every single day we play, and the DayZRP Twitch use to host a random member every once in a while.

We have a new PR manager because Jim asked me that he would like some help with social media and some other PR work during US timezone. I manage all staff members so it was my call.

Why Keira and why not recruit from community? Because Jim said that he wanted her specifically.

I'll happily answer any other questions, since I am the solely responsible for the PR team, the other admins or staff members do not really get involved in the business/SEO/Analytics/Ads/YouTubers kind of things.

Because Jim said that he wanted her specifically.

Rollando... come on man.

We have a new PR manager because Jim asked me that he would like some help with social media and some other PR work during US timezone. I manage all staff members so it was my call.

Why Keira and why not recruit from community? Because Jim said that he wanted her specifically.

I'll happily answer any other questions, since I am the solely responsible for the PR team, the other admins or staff members do not really get involved in the business/SEO/Analytics/Ads/YouTubers kind of things.

So I was right then, she was added just because Jim wanted her there? Thank you for your answer.

Rollando... come on man.

Is there a problem?

Rollando... come on man.

Let me clarify that Keira sent me some messages where she included all of her work & qualifications prior to me telling Rolle that I want her in the team. Anywho, for now the PR manager team is filled. If we do need more people we will be opening applications.

Why was the rest of the community not informed that another PR manager was wanted? This way everyone would have the chance to show their qualifications, and you and Jim could then decide which one to pick out. It would be more fair to everyone to at least give them a chance. Plus you already do it for the LM position. Nothing really changes.

Rollando... come on man.

Is there a problem?

I thought staff went through some sort of screening process, if not an application? Is it not a problem that someone got added to staff on what seems like a whim?

Edit: JimRP says he saw her work, fair enough. Did Rolle see it too?