Server time (UTC): 2019-06-19, 18:29
Sign in to follow this  
fat man here

Battlefield 1 Beta

EVERYONE HOP ON THE BF1 TS CHANNEL AND WE CAN SQUAD UP!!!

Is it one of those games that destroys your ears upon first launch? :|

Get gud. And also take a look at the settings. They have quite the options.

Yep theyre dead, however i played allll morning, fantastic game, definitely buying. Discouraged with the amount of automatic weapons though.

My thoughts exactly, the game is really fun but I don't like the absence of bolt-action rifles (which is why I've been almost exclusively playing scout class with iron sights)

Haha same, the scout class is very enjoyable.

EVERYONE HOP ON THE BF1 TS CHANNEL AND WE CAN SQUAD UP!!!

c60c445abf276e335b0c34ae4d8a3f72.png

I'd love to!

dw man I feel you... Haven't been able to play all day :(

.... why do people have to ddos??

My thoughts exactly, the game is really fun but I don't like the absence of bolt-action rifles (which is why I've been almost exclusively playing scout class with iron sights)

I see this quote quite a lot and it makes me laugh honestly "absence of bolt-action rifles" theres like 20 variants honestly thats loads.

And its not as if the bolt actions are underpowered or out shone by the automatics or semis either most of the automatics are absolute garbage past like 10 metres and the LMGs are the worst they are utter trash at least the ones available anyway and the semi autos my lord they dont even shoot straight you can miss a stand still target with your sights right on him.

Bolt actions have it good compared to everything else except maybe the shotgun probably why so many people pick the scout class.

I see this quote quite a lot and it makes me laugh honestly "absence of bolt-action rifles" theres like 20 variants honestly thats loads.

And its not as if the bolt actions are underpowered or out shone by the automatics or semis either most of the automatics are absolute garbage past like 10 metres and the LMGs are the worst they are utter trash at least the ones available anyway and the semi autos my lord they dont even shoot straight you can miss a stand still target with your sights right on him.

Bolt actions have it good compared to everything else except maybe the shotgun probably why so many people pick the scout class.

I know that the bolt-action rifles are good, I've been using them, but based on the weapons we see in the beta (which obviously isn't all of them) there aren't that many compared to the fully and semi-automatic rifles. 

I'd just like to see the option for each class to have a bolt-action rifle because that's what I prefer to use in this game.

I'd just like to see the option for each class to have a bolt-action rifle because that's what I prefer to use in this game.

I doubt that will happen mostly due to balance.

If the assault class was able to have a long range weapon it would be too powerful as it would be able to do everything with no downside its only downside right now is the short range.

I mean if you only want to use bolt actions theres a class dedicated to it and I have no doubt that on the PC especially there will be servers limited to "x weapon type only" by the server admins since there were pistol/smg/lmg/sniper only servers in every other battlefield id be more shocked if there wasnt a bolt action only server.

If the assault class was able to have a long range weapon it would be too powerful as it would be able to do everything with no downside its only downside right now is the short range.

Good point, I guess I'll just stick to the scout class then.

Downloaded and installed, gonna try out tomorrow!

Never played any battlefield games before. This game brought me some Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory vibes and I decided to give a go. I don't usually play much FPS games and definitely not multiplayer FPS games. There is just something in WW1 that fascinates me.

That was pretty fun, keen for the full release. Hate playing with shit textures though :(

That was pretty fun, keen for the full release. Hate playing with shit textures though :(

All you need is a decent GPU and CPU

May just be me derping out but I couldn't see graphics options.. :S

Still Waiting to connect :/

I really hope you aren't one of those people who play like 3 games and say it's complete shit. I will teach you the ways Rolle.

I played about 1 game...too many vehicles in my opinion. I could hardly move around without getting shot by a tank or something. That might just be how Battlefield works but I find them very annoying. I also completely suck at the game. Might try it a bit more but I wasn't that impressed with what I saw. The graphics and sound are great though. It's pretty optimized as well. The FOV is also great.

Would really like to play the singleplayer campaign but wouldn't want to pay full price.

I really hope you aren't one of those people who play like 3 games and say it's complete shit. I will teach you the ways Rolle.

I played about 1 game...too many vehicles in my opinion. I could hardly move around without getting shot by a tank or something. That might just be how Battlefield works but I find them very annoying. I also completely suck at the game. Might try it a bit more but I wasn't that impressed with what I saw. The graphics and sound are great though. It's pretty optimized as well. The FOV is also great.

Would really like to play the singleplayer campaign but wouldn't want to pay full price.

Dad is rite on this one people. What a guy

i dont have a gun

I don't expect sth too crazy as the latest BF games kinda disappointed me.

Do you not like World War 1????

This is less WWI than CoD Infinite Warfare. The planes maybe sure but I don't recall many stories of hulking assault dudes hip firing MG's.

Want WWI? Play Verdun. DICE has been losing their touch since BF3. Should have gone back to WWII and restarted from there OR finally given us Bad Company 3. Just my two cents though.

I don't recall many stories of hulking assault dudes hip firing MG's.

You dont recall? were you there damn you must be getting on a bit.

Honestly go look it up theres tonnes of source material for it. its a bit exagerated with the MG obviously but people running around in plate armor suits in WWI did happen it wasnt even that uncommon they had factories dedicated to making the stuff.

You dont hear about it often because mainstream history will tell you "WWI was fought in trenches and it was a constant stalemate".

I think the chances of seeing a Team Deathmatch mode without weapons is very high. I agree that vehicles are a pain in the ass to deal with! 

Fingers crossed for a classic TDM on smaller maps!

I must say, I've had fun with the short time I've played so far. Not a big fan of the map, but at least there will be more. It's fun to play as a classic British soldier with a bolt action rifle, feels a lot better than playing as a US Marine with a futuristic fully-auto 15x magnification laser sight grenade launcher.

I agree that vehicles are a little ridiculous, but I'm sure there will be game modes without them.

This is a small part of my gameplay today, and as you can see it's fun. Glitches aside :P

[video=youtube]

All you need is a decent GPU and CPU

May just be me derping out but I couldn't see graphics options.. :S

Options > Video > Advanced

I don't recall many stories of hulking assault dudes hip firing MG's.

You dont recall? were you there damn you must be getting on a bit.

Honestly go look it up theres tonnes of source material for it. its a bit exagerated with the MG obviously but people running around in plate armor suits in WWI did happen it wasnt even that uncommon they had factories dedicated to making the stuff.

You dont hear about it often because mainstream history will tell you "WWI was fought in trenches and it was a constant stalemate".

I'm just referring my recollection to the different sources I have read. I do know it was actually fought on the eastern front with Russia until the fall of the Tsars and Lennin's rise and that there was also a front in the middle east which is where Lawrence of Arabia earned his fame. I'm also aware that this was the last major conflict in which horses were used and so on and so forth but from my understanding, a significant portion of the major European engagements were fought in trenches.

Of course it's easy to stretch the facts and realm of accuracy. I mean that's how we got Battlefield Hardline no? Sure they used plate but due to the weight, they weren't running through no man's land with a set while also lugging around an MG which even today weigh a fair bit. Swing back 100 years to the first ones and I'm pretty sure they weren't hip firing those behemoths.

ColtCommercial1917_right.jpg

For reference.

Oh mind you it does come off the bipod but it's still hard to hand carry considering the barrel has no heat shield and handguard.

Played a little last night and I am so enamoured with this game. I have a huge interest in the history of the Great War, so this game was pretty appealing in the first place, but having played it a bit, I am so impressed. It definitely has the AAA game shine to it. Graphics, audio etc are all fantastic. Netcode and performance seem absolutely fine. No complaints so far. :)