Server time: 2017-10-19, 12:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
LoneStarrr

Miscreated RP?

Would you like to have Miscreated as a new side project?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have Miscreated as a new side project?

• Yes
    • No

LoneStarrr    84

Alright, after seeing a

by Mr. Moon on this game, I came to realize the potential of an RP server. If you do not know of this game you can check it out here and I suggest you also read a bit through the FAQ just to get an idea of what Miscreated is and what it has to offer. I know this has already been visited in the past, but I urge anyone reading this to hear me out. If you do not wish to read a wall of text, then you can just scroll down to the Pros and Cons I will have listed at the bottom, however, to get a good feel and opinion on the whole topic I suggest you read the entire post. '

Note: Throughout this entire post, never, at any point, am I attempting to bash or discredit DayZ. I love DayZ as it is the game that got me into PC gaming. However, I feel I must argue an unbiased and fair side for that of Miscreated. Despite me writing this entire topic, I am even doubtful as to how much I would partake in that of Miscreated if a server was even added, but I feel as if many people in the community would maybe just like an alternative to DayZ every now and then. Maybe some could even main Miscreated over DayZ as I have heard .60 made DayZ unplayable for some with lower end PCs. Anyways, these are just a few things to keep in mind as you are reading through this post.

I bought Miscreated upon its release two years ago, and I haven't played it since. I actually haven't even reinstalled it since. So, I am almost completely unbiased when it comes to playing the game as I have only played very early iterations. Now, when this was visited back in March in the thread that I listed above, there was a post by Montanez that I will quote below. This post seemed to be everyone's general consensus on the entire situation at that point in time. 

I've been following Miscreated since the first day it came out. The game has improved A LOT since it was released, but i don't think it is the right time to make an RP server yet. Currently it would only be the same as DayZ with the only difference being the beautiful map this game has. 

CONS

• Base building is a thing, but it is extremely limited. 
  • Containers are not added yet, but will be soon. 
  • Game still crashes randomly, i feel like this would ruin the RP.
  • Combat is still being improved. 
  • I do not believe there are logs, but i could be wrong.

PROS

• Beautiful map, the best survival map I've seen so far. It is for sure immersive and big, but not as large as Chernarus.
  • Crafting. 
  • Fully working vehicles.
  • The infected performance is far better than the ones in DayZ 
  • Immersion is amazing. 

Once again, i believe that the game needs some improvement before it could be worthy of an RP server. It is important to notice that the company making it is not as big as the one that made DayZ, yet since the beginning they have been listening to the community, fixing the issues that we hated the most and putting effort on the things we wanted to see in game. 

Give this game a month or two and i believe that an RP server would be unreal.

Now, as he states, there are many cons, however, given a few months, the game would become perfect for an RP server. It seems this has become the truth. Since the discussion, there have been 3 major patches to Miscreated as seen here in their patch notes archive. These patches seem to have eliminated or atleast improved upon many of the cons that Montanez listed in the post above. I will go through each con listed above and list as to why I believe that most of them are no longer valid or are not as extreme as before. 

1. Extremely Limited Base Building

In the most recent patch to the game on June 30th, there were a few minor tweaks to the way plot poles and decor for bases work, however, much of the fundamentals of base building still remain the same. Despite all of this, Miscreated is still further along than DayZ in terms of base building, no matter how basic it might be. It also added the ability to build storage containers for bases which is something I will touch on in the next paragraph. 

2. No Containers

Also addressed in the most recent patch to the game was the very prevalent issue of containers. Without containers, bases were basically useless unless you used them for RP or defensive structures instead of storage facilities. Now, in this patch, 3 different types of containers were added. The first of these were tents that spawn throughout the game world. The second of these was a small storage container that can be crafted with the ability of adding only one to each base. The third was a large storage container that requires a crafting guide to be able to build and can also be added to the limit of one per base. 

3. Game Crashes

Over the course of the three most recent patches (the 3 patches since the previous server suggestion), I have seen various crashing issues being addressed and fixed. I am personally unsure to which crash issues still exist as I do not currently play the game, but if anyone who does play the game has any information on this issue, please do let me know. As of right now I can only assume the majority of crashing issues have been repaired or are top priority. 

4. Combat

Of the 3 relevant patches, the first one and the most recent oneare the two that address combat. Both of these go into immense detail about changes within the health/medical system, ammo and weapon spawning, weapon sounds and damage values, improvement of animations, and fixes in any glitches/bugs that have come up related to weapons or health. Combat seems to still be relatively the same but much smoother than before. 

5. Logs

Here's the one I'm sure most people have been most critical of as it was a major issue at the beginning of DayZ Standalone. Only 10 days after the original suggestion, this patch was released adding damage logs and making them available to server renters. This is always a major step forward for RP communities as it is paramount to maintaining the rules and security of the server. On a slightly related note, server renters are also able to view and alter weather patterns in the ingame world. 

After going through the list of all the cons from a few months ago, as you can see, most of these issues seem to be resolved. It seems Montanez was off by only about a month on the timeline of Miscreated being worthy of an RP server. Now, after reviewing these, I want to state one major point before I go into the pros and cons of having Miscreated as a side project. 

In March when this was last suggested, it came right after the community came together and decided to stop side projects all together. Obviously, this meant that everyone was still left with a sour taste in their mouth from all the failed attempts. However, there is one major difference between the community then and the community now and that is the sheer amount of members (photo cred to Rolle) in the community. As of right now it is currently 12:30 AM in the US (CT), 6:30 AM in the UK, and 3:30 PM in Australia (ACT) and the total number of players on the servers adds up to 76. I would call that pretty crazy for a Wednesday night/morning (sorry Aussies). I am fairly certain that with this kind of player base, we could consistently fill a Miscreated server to atleast 3/4 full on peak times throughout the day. With that said, I will move on to my pros and cons. 

Cons

• Base building still limited
  • Limited amount of storage containers
  • Map incomplete
  • Somewhat poor optimization
  • Limited amount of simultaneous VoIP users (32 users at the moment)
  • No character customization (No female character models)
  • Very limited whitelisting/private server options

These are all the cons I can think of at the moment, if you have more, feel free to let me know so I can add them. Thanks!

Pros

• Amazing graphics/looks
  • Fully implemented crafting system
  • Decent selection of vehicles
  • VERY limited preset Lore/Story
  • Available Logs for server renter/owner (Noted in this changelog.)
  • Support for 3D Positional/Attenuated 3rd Part VoIP (Mumble & Teamspeak Crossover) [Taken directly from this changelog.]
  • Large enough DayZRP playerbase to sustain a server

Once again, these are all the pros I can think of at the moment, if you have more, feel free to let me know so I can add them aswell. Thanks!

Closing notes

In closing, once again, I urge everyone who has read this either through just the pros and cons or throughout the entire post to consider everything presented to you before you vote. I did my absolute best to provide and unbiased and fair suggestion as to why I feel that the addition of a new side project under Miscreated would be worth the time and effort put into it by the staff and members of this community. Thank you to everyone who has read this and voted, if anyone notices any problems, typos, issues, or would like to add anything just let me know either below or through a PM. I eagerly await to see what the community thinks of this suggestion. 

Sources:

Mr. Moon's Youtube

Miscreated Patch Archive

Miscreated Wiki

Thread by Doc

LoneStarrr    84

This games lit asfuck I'd be down.

Haha, awesome man, glad you're up for it!

Also, apologies, forgot to add the poll before posting, added now and fixed a few quick spelling errors. It is late where I am so I will most likely not be responding after about 15 minutes until the morning.

Normally Non-Dayz games don't last all that long in this community,

It wouldn't hurt to see what comes of it though.

+1

Castiel    1124

After watching a few videos of this game recently I have been thinking about getting it, and after reading your post I have decided I will definitely be buying this. I hope we can at least try this out as a side-project, I think it would be a really good idea. +1 from me!

LoneStarrr    84

Normally Non-Dayz games don't last all that long in this community,

It wouldn't hurt to see what comes of it though.

+1

Hopefully everyone thinks like that, thanks for the +1

After watching a few videos of this game recently I have been thinking about getting it, and after reading your post I have decided I will definitely be buying this. I hope we can at least try this out as a side-project, I think it would be a really good idea. +1 from me!

Awesome! Glad I could influence your decision and I hope you are happy with the game! I personally have not been home and therefor am unable to reinstall it so I have no actual gameplay experience in the new patches but I did my best to research as much as possible before making this post. Thanks for the +1

Rolle    2941

I wanted to try a Miscreated server back when we had a bunch of other side projects. I really like the game and how it looks, but back then you couldn't rent a private server and there was no whitelist or logs. Seems like they got things going the right direction now. I'll look into it.

With the progress they made, I'd definitely be interested. Two problems I see though - only one player character model, and the map size is like 1/4 the size of South Zagoria.

LoneStarrr    84

I wanted to try a Miscreated server back when we had a bunch of other side projects. I really like the game and how it looks, but back then you couldn't rent a private server and there was no whitelist or logs. Seems like they got things going the right direction now. I'll look into it.

Ah, I see. Whitelisting/private servers was something that just completely slipped my mind when writing this. I know for a fact they added hit logs/server owner permissions, but I never saw anything todo with private servers. Unfortunately I'm back on my phone and headed off to sleep so I can't check personally but it should be easy enough. Even then, the devs from what I have seen seem very quick to respond to their community and it might even be possible to work out something exclusive for DayZRP if they have the capabilities. Thanks for the info, good luck looking into it.

Aiko    646

Alas its a good game I give you that, but with how it is now. Last I played there was no character customization. In other words, no female models. This is my one very big problem with this game. A good portion, if not all but 5% of the females in this community will not play. Which is a little sad, I mean if you dont have us who will counter all that testosterone? :P

That is my only thing I dont like, I played it and in fact had my own server for a while. Which was whitelisted, and me and my friends had fun for a while. I wanted to base build, but it was a little glitchy then. Sorry but there is a good chance I wont play because of no female character model. Unless that has changed then yey!

Rolle    2941

Looked into it and can confirm the worries. The servers are still very restricted, you can supposedly whitelist but it's not automated - it has to be done manually by an admin. Lack of character customization is an issue as well. I don't think this will work as a side project in it's current state.

Chaostica    144

Aren't character models restricted to Male only? (had that issue in Arma) Did anyone look at the possibility of 7 Days to die? I know a lot of us have been playing that lately and it's very fleshed out in base building, character creation and it's improving in the graphics area. Not sure of the white listing (although i do know it has it) and vehicles are currently limited to a minibike it's still an extremely exciting game as your definitely working hard as a team to survive the weekly horde!

PS there is also in game VOIP

Aiko    646

Aren't character models restricted to Male only? (had that issue in Arma) Did anyone look at the possibility of 7 Days to die? I know a lot of us have been playing that lately and it's very fleshed out in base building, character creation and it's improving in the graphics area. Not sure of the white listing (although i do know it has it) and vehicles are currently limited to a minibike it's still an extremely exciting game as your definitely working hard as a team to survive the weekly horde!

PS there is also in game VOIP

I love seven days to die as well, I see a few draw backs with it though. For people who like to text, I believe its only global text atm. Unless there is a mod that can help with that. No emoting or anything, which I kind of like doing. ^_^

Besides that I would like to see a seven days to die rp server anyway.

Samaritan    344

I quite liked Miscreated, particularly when I was standing over a dead body in the rain holding an axe wearing a long coat and a cowboy hat and seeing people run away from me (must be the dark side in me :)). I didn't treat it a seriously as DayZ SA though and I think like some have pointed out, it needs a lot of polish in regards to Admin tools etc.

ThatRyanGuy    0

If logs and white-listing worked then I would be up for it and would defiantly get involved with it. Bought the game a while ago and haven't played it in some time, might give it another go after reading this thread though

LoneStarrr    84

After reading through the responses by you all I have added 2 more cons:

Lack of female player models

Very limited whitelisting/private server tools.

Upon seeing the response, particularly that of the female community members and Rolle, my personal opinion has also changed to the side of it not being worth it. Despite all this I feel that most people agree that if these two simple issues were fixed it would most definitely be worth it. Perhaps sometime in the near future these issues will be fixed and even more polish will be done.

Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions. Feel free to continue discussing as much as you all would like below. Once again, thanks!

SpaceCowboy    229

I really enjoyed Mr. moon's video on this game and I have seen other videos on this game before and it looks pretty darn good and would love to play this in an rp setting, +1. That being said though, I think the game as some have pointed out in its current state is not worth looking into AT THIS TIME. When more things get added in for the better then I say lets do this

Hey there!

I've recently been gifted Miscreated on Steam and watched McDugals streams / videos etc. I was wondering if there would ever be a possibility of MiscreatedRP? I know there is already an RP server out there but i think that this community could pull it off better. If someone has already made a similar thread in the past, then i invite a staff member to /close this for me!

Wumby    0

All around a game that has more dedicated developers. Also.. You can jump.. +1

Ramon    360

We had a couple of months ago also a thread about the same subject.

If I am not wrong it was a NO.

And for now I will vote also a no -1

Deegan    162

Is this MiscreatedRP or DayZRP?...

Rory    1563

Its ok Pryor <3

We'll play it with the Outrunner faction clan guild trading post people :)