Server time: 2017-10-23, 04:26
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Welshie

Changing the rule on group ownership

Welshie    2

So i recently posted a new group idea and had it archived because i had on paper been the leader of another group, In reality i wasnt the the leader or OP of the thread ,the thread was transferred to me after the original poster was inactive and we needed to make changes to the thread so as i was the person who had been in dayzrp longest i took ownership take note i was not the leader or the creator, i simple took ownership.

In the rules it states that you cannot start a group if you have created or lead a group in the last month im suggesting that this be changed to simply just you cant start a group if you have owned one in the last month, not lead or created simple just owned to avoid the annoyance ive just had after writing a up the thread for a new group and only to have it closed over a technicality which isn't actually written in the rules.

TL;DR (i moaned a little so this would be advisable to read instead)

change the group posting rule from

Not have created or lead another group in the last month. 

to

Not owned another group post in the last month.

Castiel    1124

What you're suggesting is exactly what the rule is. You owned the thread, which made you ineligible for ownership of a new group until one month had passed. The rule is perfect as it is.

Jamie    1424

i was not the leader or the creator, i simple took ownership.

Sorry, but you are contradicting yourself on this line. The leader of the group is essentially the OOC leader which operates the group CP and such. Same as if you were an official group, you would be in charge of sending out invites and such. It's irrelevant how long you have been leading the group, the rule applies.

Moving onto your suggestion, I think it works perfectly fine and does not need to be changed. We've had this rule in effect for as long as I have personally been here, and most likely a lot longer. It does not need to be changed to be honest. You can allocate someone else to run your group then transfer leadership back over once the month period is over.

I don't see the big "issue" that needs to be resolved.

Ramon    360

How do you mean: '' Not owned another group post in the last month '' ?

I would keep it how it is right now....No need to change it in my mind.

Jamie    1424

Besides. Some groups don't even have an "IC Leader" and are all equals. How are we supposed to judge who is the leader or not? We aren't going to waste time to ask who is the IC leader of the group and who mainly runs it. You take on the responsibility of leading a group when you accept the responsibility of handing the main group page.

Welshie    2

Once you take "Ownership" of a group you are then the owner of the group. No?

I was never the IC or OOC leader or creator of the group, i owned the thread and it was clearly stated on the thread who the leader was, just think it would avoid someone making the same mistake as i did by simply just changing the wording from Leader or Creator to Owned.

i was not the leader or the creator, i simple took ownership.

Sorry, but you are contradicting yourself on this line. The leader of the group is essentially the OOC leader which operates the group CP and such. Same as if you were an official group, you would be in charge of sending out invites and such. It's irrelevant how long you have been leading the group, the rule applies.

Moving onto your suggestion, I think it works perfectly fine and does not need to be changed. We've had this rule in effect for as long as I have personally been here, and most likely a lot longer. It does not need to be changed to be honest. You can allocate someone else to run your group then transfer leadership back over once the month period is over.

I don't see the big "issue" that needs to be resolved.

I never lead the group though?

Rolle    2971

Owning the thread = leading the group.

Sorry mate :)

Welshie    2

Besides. Some groups don't even have an "IC Leader" and are all equals. How are we supposed to judge who is the leader or not? We aren't going to waste time to ask who is the IC leader of the group and who mainly runs it. You take on the responsibility of leading a group when you accept the responsibility of handing the main group page.

No, no you misunderstand me, not the leader of the group simply just the owner of the post, so your reinforcing my point that the rules should say owned another post not lead or created because like you said some group done have a leader.

I understand but it is stated on the thread who the leader was.

and also what you are saying is not clearly displayed in the rules therefore why i suggested that the phrasing be changed to Owned not lead or created so that it is then displayed in the rules.

Jamie    1424

I'm not sure what the big problem is. Like I stated above, get someone to have the thread for a month, then you can resume your leadership after a month. Simple.

Welshie    2

I'm not sure what the big problem is. Like I stated above, get someone to have the thread for a month, then you can resume your leadership after a month. Simple.

Im fine with the thread being archived, im just simply suggesting that the wording of the rule be changed so that its clearer