Server time: 2017-08-16, 23:54

Sign in to follow this  
Falke88

How to rescue unknown hostages from unknown bad boys

Question

Falke88    3

Hey guys!

Just want to have a discussion on how to solve the following situation without failing the rules or RPing. Just in case I encounter such a situation one day.

I walk along the street as suddenly sounds are being heared from the other side. I sneak up and see two armed men holding two others as hostages. The hostages are kneeing and are tied up. One wears a burlap sack on his head.

I have an AK an can sneak up from behind. Also I have a flashbang with me....

So I want to rescue both....how would you approach?

7 answers to this question

Beni    676

This is more of an IC Question... It's personal preference tbh.

You don't have KOS Rights also, due to not initiating. You'd have to initiate first... But personally I wouldn't do it.

Jamie    1173

You would have to re-initiate on the two armed men. Failure to them complying to your demands and you giving them plenty of time, you would kill them perhaps using your flashbangs and equipment. If they complied, you would tie them up then you would have saved the hostages?

As long as you initiate before doing any hostile actions you're fine to do as you wish. You cannot just shoot them because they have hostages. 

Just make sure you give them enough time to respond/comply before throwing the flash (or shooting them). If they complied there would be no need for the flash or deaths.

Lyca    676

Hey,

You have to re-initiate first on the hostage-taker.

You make demands and when they dont follow them you can try and kill them.

When they do comply you can just rescue the hostages.

First of all, like already mentioned you don't have KOS rights on these men since the people held up are strangers to you and you were not there when the initiation between them and the bad guys happened.

So you will have to re-initiate which you can do in several ways after your own liking and the situation. Safest option for yourself is probably screaming out from your hiding place that you have them at gunpoint, and that they need to lower their weapons and put their hands up. Remember to give them time to do this since they probably did not expect anyone else to be in the area. Also if you use text RP it might even take longer. If they start shooting at you, you gain KOS rights and can try and kill them to free the hostages.

However, I have a follow-up question to this... If the hostage takers think that he is in the hostage's group, so they kill the hostages before running off when he shout at them. What will then happened? Are they going to be punished for killing complying hostages because some random confused them by shouting out of the forest?

Jamie    1173

Pretty much all the answers above.

Do not get confused with Good Samaritan rule. This is no longer in effect in standalone due to people abusing it in the past, cutting down roleplay. You always need to re-initiate, even if someone is being hostile to someone else.

And like stated above, it's a personal preference how you attack things. Just remember that we always encourage roleplay above all. If you see a window where you have the capabilities to take the oppressors hostage, take that route instead of killing them. If you feel that you have no chance at all, don't risk your life.

Edit: In response to your follow up question, yes. In most cases they would be punished since it was not the hostage's fault that a random startled them. It's the hostage takers' responsibility to be 100% confident before popping someone. That's why it's always better to re-initiate rather to risk a KOS.

With the answers you've received, we'll mark this as solved.

Well after JamJam cleared that up I just want to warn you OP: Try and do this without risking the lives of the hostages. Even if the takers would break rules by killing them. A lot of people would be mad if you caused everyone to die /: