Server time: 2017-08-20, 09:42

Sign in to follow this  
Jamiec2402

Whitelisting is a bit unfair

Jamiec2402    0

I just attempted whitelist and got 1 question wrong, the question was:

-snip do not post whitelist questions publicly-

When technically it is right. I find this a bit unfair anyone else?

Didnt relise couldnt post questions, sorry

The answer to the question was 'All of above' and i clicked on one of the others will still technically makes it right.

Its just a precaution to make sure that you know the rules 100% before letting you into DayZRP. Nothing to be upset about. Just make sure you revise on the rules and lore while you are waiting to whitelist again.

I would suggest taking a long, hard look at the quest and possible answers next time you attempt your whitelist, reading it out aloud can aid you in understanding a question or you're welcome to come in to TS and speak to any Community Helper in the Help Desk.

I know when the questions are worded like that it pissed people off when they click the wrong answer. However, they are there for a reason, making sure you read and understand the question, and think over your answers. Questions like that are always used in exams. Better get used to it.

Chaostica    143

Another good idea is if your finding a question confusing is to take a step back and walk away from the computer for 5 to 10 minutes to give yourself a break, then come back and give it a fresh read. I've done that and when I've sat back down almost would immediately wanna *facepalm* cause the answer was so obvious :) Good Luck with your whitelisting!

PatZ    386

Read the questions very carefully, some are tricky. Best of luck if you try again

Hebi Kotei    302

While I understand that the whitelist may be tough in terms of the wording of the questions and what the answers may be, everyone has to do it at some point, I suggest making sure that you check your answers before submitting and making sure that you have a look at all options provided to you via the multiple choice section. I would also suggest to go back and check the rules, lore and newcomers guide.

Being very new myself, I had to go through this just recently, too, and I have to admit, I found some of the questions extremely odd. I failed twice myself, the first time because I misread something, so that wasn't an issue, and the second time I searched around for the answer for at least an hour and a half, I'm pretty sure, before I answered what I had to assume was correct, simply because the question or answers were so vague. I like that this isn't just a server where everyone can run around screaming "trololololo" when they kill you on sight, but some of those questions felt a bit over the top for me.

That said, I'm here now, they're not my headache anymore.

Doc Phlox    24

That whitelist can be tricky, don't let the simplicity of multiple choice lure you into a false sense of security ;)

But keep in mind, we want the whitelist to be hard, if you fail you read it over again and learn something more/new.

When I did mine I looked at it with the same importance as a college exam (a written one, no MC) the gravity helps, trust me :)

Castiel    1124

It isn't supposed to be easy. Keep at it, if you need any help ask a Community Helper.

Melvin    84

It helps maintain the stringent standard of roleplay here so I'm all for it. Regardless, I failed the whitelist once because of an ambiguous question so I understand your feelings.

Good luck on the next one. Hop up to Teamspeak and one of us will help you out with it, alright? :)

Phoenix    1049

Its not unfair;)

Goryan    7

What Melvin said.  Get on TeamSpeak and go to the waiting for help channel.  They are awesome at explaining things while not giving you the actual answer to the question.  They will 100% help you understand what is being asked.  It took me almost 3 hours to complete my application.  The questions are hard (some of them) but I understand the need.  Keeps the goats off the server.

Aiko    577

Honestly, I find this whitelist much easier than the old one. Where you had to write, in your own words what certain rule was. Back then you only had three tries to get the whitelist right, I find this one more lax then the older version. So quiet honestly, I do not think its unfair at all.

Though, as others have stated try and read out loud. Also can hop into TS and a CH can help you as well.

Sazzow    1

I like the structure of it. It may seem that the 6 steps are unbearable and unnecessary but after going through one failed application and still kept going on spending time on a new application, I realized that this filters out A LOT of unwanted players in the RP community. To go through ALL that just to join the server(s) to troll, seems very unlikely. I've stumble upon a lot of various "whitelisting" applications on other communities for other games, and it's nothing compared to this. The people that's here, wants to be here.

Samaritan    252

This is a serious RP community and with that comes some serious whitelisting. It filters out people who 'cannot be bothered' because if they don't want to put the work into whitelisting then you have to ask it they would put the effort into RP'ing correctly. A lot of people don't realise that they can join the Helpdesk in the TeamSpeak and request support from the very friendly staff. People get frustrated and give up before even asking for help or they leave it until they have wasted their 5 chances (yes 5 chances) and have to make a ban appeal.

My advice for whitelisting is take your time and read everything slowly and if you are struggling ask for help. Patience is needed when whitelisting and if you do it right your efforts will be rewarded with a unique gaming experience. It is worth the effort, remember that.

Razareth    213

I just attempted whitelist and got 1 question wrong, the question was:

-snip do not post whitelist questions publicly-

When technically it is right. I find this a bit unfair anyone else?

Didnt relise couldnt post questions, sorry

The answer to the question was 'All of above' and i clicked on one of the others will still technically makes it right.

Hey friend,

I know your frustration. No, truly. It is the biggest annoyance in the world. I got one question wrong 4 times and it was always something really easy or simple when I looked at it again.

My best advise it to take deep breath, relax and take it slow. Reread the questions. If you still feel uneasy go on TS. The Staff is extremely helpful and you can't ask for better (in my opinion).

Hope to see you Whitelisted.

Stay strong.

Marcunt    218

Rules shall be 100% understood, if they are not, you should not have the right to go In-Game because of the high probability that you might break a rule. It's harsh, it's difficult, but only if you did not pay enough attention. Try again, learn from your mistakes and read through the rules once more and you will more likely than not succeed.

You would be surprised by the amount of time and effort people had to put in when they tried to apply back in the day, as well as the effort staff had to put in. It's way easier than what it used to be, if that is bad or good is up to the individual.

If you cannot get it right, there is only one possible reason for it. You didn't know the rules completely yet.

It makes total sense, if you don't understand the rules 100% and know them correctly, then some point down the line you will end up messing up on one of the rules that could have been easily avoided if you had read through and answered the questions thoroughly.

I'ts just a way to make sure not everyone is getting in easily and they have to actually work for the their placement and have a drive to want that.

Wulfe    6

Don't sweat it, I think if you ask around you'll find that quite a few people failed the whitelist the first time. Just learn from your mistakes and take it slow the next time around. If you really need help there is the help desk. You'll do fine!

If you didn't choose all of the above it means you thought the others were wrong, which means you don't understand the rules.

I think if it was actually unfair there would be a ton more people complaining. If you need help, talk to Aiko, or any other CH. Thats there purpose in this interspace.

I remember when the white list actually required thought and effort. The new whitelist is nothing compared to that.

I remember when the white list actually required thought and effort. The new whitelist is nothing compared to that.

Pretty much. Tried to improve it, still prefer the old system.