Server time: 2017-08-19, 22:39

Sign in to follow this  
Sam Fields

Incorrectly worded question.

Sam Fields    153

//Jamie - snipped question. Do not post whitelist questions on the forums.

This question is worded incorrectly. It's a question splice, as it first asks you to define the term "aggravation"- before requesting that you refer your definition to a pre-worded section in the rules. This is impossible without a free-text space.

The correct phrasing, I believe, would be: "State how aggravation expressed by a perpetrator of the rules can lead to alterations in the standardised punishment."

The answers would have to be changed accordingly. But as it stands, it makes little to no sense at all! There is no need for trick questions (especially when they're phrased incorrectly!)

After years of searching for the passphrases just to have their application timed out for 4 hours. A friend planned to have his done before he started his shift.

"The question is worded fine, it's just not worded in the way that questions are normally worded correctly."- A member of staff

Very pretentious!

Pretty pathetic attempt at support too.

Castiel    1124

I wouldn't say there were any "trick questions", everyone else answered them just fine.

Sam Fields    153

I wouldn't say there were any "trick questions", everyone else answered them just fine.

Well, that question is worded incorrectly. It's now up to you guys to either sort it out or not.

Oliv    1552

Your friend can come to waiting for staff help for assistance if they have issues with their whitelist application. We are always open and willing to help those having issues. I can assure you many people have had no issue answering this particular questions, which leads me to think the wording is likely OK.

That being said, how many years has your friend been trying to apply for?

Hebi Kotei    302

I am the one that helped his friend with the question.

From what I understand that wasn't the only piece of support I gave him, he did come to me with the question about the whitelist question and I guided him to the point where he understood the question and he did confirm by saying that he "understands it now". To the quote that was put on the OP, I didn't even say that, I said, "The wording in the question is fine, however it is not how a question would normally be worded" and this is most likely intended.

As castiel said:

I wouldn't say there are any "trick questions", everyone else answered them just fine.

I don't believe calling this a pathetic attempt at support is fair at all.

I'm always happy to help your friend, and anyone else, at any moment with their whitelist.

I'm always happy to help your friend, and anyone else, at any moment with their whitelist.

Which you DO NOT have to do, and are doing so out of the kindness of your heart.

Since when were the whitelist questions a big secret? I thought we were always pretty open about what the questions actually are just not so much with giving out the answers.

Which you DO NOT have to do, and are doing so out of the kindness of your heart.

We volunteer for the position when we apply for staff, we spend our time putting ourselves out there for the community to make use of with what we know, our help and opinions.

Chris    61

Since when were the whitelist questions a big secret? I thought we were always pretty open about what the questions actually are just not so much with giving out the answers.

Having the questions on the forum makes it much easier for people to copy/paste search for answers, instead of figuring out the answer for themselves or talking it through with a community/staff member. Been standard policy for a while now, to snip the whitelist questions.

Razareth    213

I think I had the same question through my attempts.

Though I got it right quite easily.

Then I did ask Support for help they where very friendly and supportive without giving any answers to the questions.

I think this is just a case of frustration.

Now being pointed unneededly towards the DayZRP Staff.

Terra    1367

The question specifically ask's for the term aggravation in regards of the community rules when it comes to punishments in reports.

The answer is in the rules. Reading the rules explains the questions and gives you the correct answer.

I see no issue with the question or the answers.

Of course our Staff team wont give out the answers to the questions. Every answer for a whitelist question is written in the rules. However, we explain and clarify the rules to those who ask for help.

Matthew

Very pretentious!

Helpful and nice input.

Sam Fields    153

I'm only trying to help, believe it or not. I assure you that the question is worded incorrectly. You're rules are pre-text and cannot have them referenced to without a free-text option as the answer.

Others will have issues with this question. It's unnecessarily confusing.

Sam Fields    153

Everyone else gets in with no problem, why is this thread even a thing?

This thread was made because, hmmm, let's see... there's an incorrectly worded question- as the damned title would suggest.