Server time: 2017-08-19, 07:40

Sign in to follow this  
Mazer

Aggressive Radio Chatter.

Mazer    5

Hey I'm kinda new here so it might not really be my place to say but why is the radio chatter subforum so aggressive? Just about every post contains the word fuck. I don't have a problem with swearing but it seemed really out of character(as in not OOC / IC but different to how people are in game) like people want to show off or something and in videos I've watched it seems much more passive, generally speaking. And also just random people spouting their 2 cents but I suppose because the frequencies are open it nakes sense so I don't take much issue with that.

But yeah is there any reason why it's like that? Again really sorry I absolutely don't want to cause anyone offense. Last thing I want to do is make enemies and as a new person it seems a bit rude but it's just been nagging at me for the past few days and I was just really curious about it.

Thanks.

It's the apocalypse. This the general answer you will receive. Everyone isn't going to be nice or pleasant after 2 years into the infection.

Mazer    5

I guess that's fair. To be honest the only roleplay I've really experienced so far bas been really friendly. I've only been on for a few hours though as I'm currently out of town.

Razareth    213

Good day friend,

I think the simple answer would be that the Radio is Chernarus "Internet".

Since no one can really say who you are. The open frequency becomes quite a showcase of "Trolls".

As in real life once the curtain of safety is removed, we are all quite civil. With of course some people being the jerks that they are on the Radio in real life too.

I also think it has to do with the topic as well. I know that any mention of the UN for instance will bring a lot of people to give their opinion. Since the organization has left it's scares on the Chernarus population.

This is of course my own view and opinion on the matter.

And most everyone who post in the radio section are radio warriors all talk no bite ;)

Radio chatter is where people shitpost and wave their dicks, unfortunately.

Ellie    335

Remember that everything said is done ICly, don't take it to heart.

"Big dicking" as some would call it

Yeah. "IC"

You wouldn't know how to do that, unfortunately. //this is all "IC"

But agreeable.

Ellie    335

Yeah. "IC"

urite homie

Yeah. "IC"

vibes

Yeah, unfortunately it's pretty much what Shark said. I'm sure there was a time when radio chatter threads produced constructive and entertaining roleplay, but nowadays you see people replying just to shit talk somebody for very little reason. More than a bit annoying, imo.

isocade    90

Radio Chatter seemed okay at first when I started reading and using it, and then I learned that it's pretty much unbridled and unrivaled, as well as uncontrolled or regulated vents for anyone to say anything claim it as "IC" under any circumstance, whether it fits the character or not, in addition to basically letting people speak without any possible consequence because all you have to do is just not play on the same server as the dude you pissed off. A lot of people will reply with a lazy, cop-out response like "dude it's been the apocalypse for like two years there isn't anyone left who cares get over it it's real life dweeb". That's not a proper excuse. That's being lazy with the character and what they're capable of. Yes, in times of extreme toil and stress, people are going to act different, they will be shaped different, some people will respond differently to the stimulus of an apocalyptic scenario, many people are going to lose hope and many others will lose sense of their moral compass. Many other people are going to try and uphold what they believe is right and all that good shit, you know how the argument goes seeing as how I've given it multiple times before.

I'm not saying that people are bad roleplayers, I'm not bashing on characters, I'm not bashing on people, I'm not bashing anything at all infact- I'm challenging the mentality of "it's the apocalypse everyone's a dick, get with the times grandpa". It exists here on DayZRP and it's not a good excuse for anything. You could come up with ANY other excuse and it would most likely work, such as "everyone is different but unfortunately the antagonists are the most vocal" or "it could be that normal people stay away from the radio since it could cause trouble". Instead, the only excuse ANYONE ever comes up with is "it's the apocalypse two years in, people are dicks". Saying this excuse over and over again not only puts an unimaginative, close-minded, and negative image on many, many characters and players, but it also has the potential to cause people who are just joining or at a loss of what they want to do to be influenced by this hivemind mentality and change what they're going to do rather than create their own original or unique (Or what they perceive to be unique) idea.

I see people put effort into their posts sometimes, or that's how it looks, and then when I actually read it, it's just a text-wall version of "FUCK YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF" repeated multiple times or said in different variations. It's pretty garbage roleplay, doesn't bring any insight or exposition on the character and most importantly, isn't proper roleplay. Some people do actions of miscellaneous things when they broadcast such as eating lunch or whatnot despite not broadcasting, when the whole point of radio chatter is that you're just talking IC. If you aren't broadcasting, why do you still detail what you're doing or saying outside of the actual broadcast? It's not adding depth or extra story into the post, it's just complicating the message you're trying to send. You can do and say pretty much anything on radio chatter as long as it's "IC" and it'll be accepted, because the expected quality bar for radio chatter is already pretty low as it is.

300x500http://i.imgur.com/SUNlykP.png[/img]

tl;dr - Basically, people don't put effort into radio chatter to keep it sounding exactly like people would use radios in real life. This damages roleplay production and quality, as well as the potential of new players utilizing the systems properly.

GaryCash    23

I've seen good radio chatter and bad radio chatter, its like all other kinds of RP

Yoshi    54

And most everyone who post in the radio section are radio warriors all talk no bite ;)

This,

this,

Radio chatter is like internet in real. Trolls, internet warriors, white knights, and so.

and this.

Also, if you want a look at some decent radio chatter, have a gander at this wonderful thread.

Yeah. "IC"

vibes

You're a big guy.

For you.

Melvin    84

Nah. Radio chatter is my favourite place. Dicks being swinged around, veiled shades thrown everywhere.

To OP, if you haven't met the first hostile roleplayer, go into the triangle more. Or the Outrun camp. Heard it's a blast these days. ;)

Mazer    5

Wow thanks for the responses guys. I guess it's not just me that feels that way then.

-snip-

To OP, if you haven't met the first hostile roleplayer, go into the triangle more. Or the Outrun camp. Heard it's a blast these days. ;)

Funnily enough all the roleplay I had was in the triangle, lower population though due to my timezone, about 20-30 and I met about 5 people in 1 hour maybe 1 hour and a half I was up there, even less possibly. But yeah I'm excited for when I get home, gonna be a blast. I got really well geared so my character/s are actually looking accurate to how I envisioned it but we'll just see how it plays out.

Bauglir2011    155

I guess that's fair. To be honest the only roleplay I've really experienced so far bas been really friendly. I've only been on for a few hours though as I'm currently out of town.

That will change. Sooner or later...

I agree with you. Radio chatter is too agressive, even if we are 2 years into the apocolypse. But if you look closely in the open frequencys, the ones who are actually involved are writing serious replies where there is a reason behind the hate. Those who have no idea what the situation is and just go in to write something like "shut your holes fucking idiots" are the ones that makes radio chatter aids. Some just have to hide behind the "it's only IC" shield to protect themself when they are assholes to the ones they dislike. Another childish part of this community.

I stay away from Radio Chatter tbh.