Server time: 2017-10-24, 00:26
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Hodgie

Bleaching/Coloring stuff

Question

Hodgie    0

Can someone help me please

I can't bleach clothes like it doesnt give me the option and i watched SOO many videos to make sure that i was doing it right and i am.

I saw some people ingame with bleached coats but i cant seem to figure it out so can some please help me?

25 answers to this question

Sofie    0

Maybe this is more fitting in the troubleshooting thread?

There was a glitch before that you had to add an armband as well when you bleach? It might have been fixed tho.

Hodgie    0

Maybe this is more fitting in the troubleshooting thread?

There was a glitch before that you had to add an armband as well when you bleach? It might have been fixed tho.

Yeah i tried and it let me bleach but is it only bleaching T-shirts atm??

And when coloring armbands how do you get it to work cause those are super buggy as well

Jinx    26

Right now Arm bands are glitched

Hodgie    0

Right now Arm bands are glitched

okay cause i see people with the neon looking one sometimes and i dont get why mine glitch out

but what about bleaching know how to do that successfully or know what are the only things that can be bleached cause I've seen forums about only some things work right now when others used to work before.

Jinx    26

From my knowledge you can on bleach white survivor T-shirts that people spawn with and arms bands but arm bands are glitched right now but pretty sure they also can only be white

Hodgie    0

From my knowledge you can on bleach white survivor T-shirts that people spawn with and arms bands but arm bands are glitched right now but pretty sure they also can only be white

What about wool coats cause i saw someone in game with a white wool coat

Jinx    26

That you may have to try for yourself but right now i can only promise you that the white spawn shirt and white arm bands can be bleached and dyed

Hodgie    0

That you may have to try for yourself but right now i can only promise you that the white spawn shirt and white arms bands can be bleached and dyed

i tried and they didn't work, that's why i'm here asking.

I just don't get how someone else had it and i coudln't get it to work like its driving me crazy lmao

Jinx    26

It's also the game is extremely buggy when it comes to dying things my only suggestion is to get some one else apart of your group to try or try with new ingredients ect

Edit: Link me to the guide you're using i wanna see what they say to do

Hodgie    0

It's also the game is extremely buggy when it comes to dying things my only suggestion is to get some one else apart of your group to try or try with new ingredients ect

Edit: Link me to the guide you're using i wanna see what they say to do

These are the only good ones I've seen

Hodgie    0

http://www.dayztv.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/dayz-dyeing-color-mechanics-on-current-0-58-exp.jpg

From what i see you need a minimum of 5 materials to even notice the color but i'd try with all those diffent combinations to see what works

yep trust me I've done that too, I've always used 5. It works sometimes but it doesn't always show up to me or maybe others.

but like you said the armbands are messed up.

i'm just trying to figure out what is up with the bleaching.

Jinx    26

I'm sorry i can't be of more help man going off my own knowledge of bleaching/dying plus i went through google and people are just going off those two videos.. like Helix and i use to dye clothes all the time with no issues. Our only issues were with arm bands.

Hodgie    0

I'm sorry i can't be of more help man going off my own knowledge of bleaching/dying plus i went through google and people are just going off those two videos.. like Helix and i use to dye clothes all the time with no issues. Our only issues were with arm bands.

Well if you ever do it again try to bleach the wool coats and you let me know if it works.

but thanks man i appreciate it!

Jinx    26

Will do man and i'll continue to look into this for you.

Hodgie    0

Will do man and i'll continue to look into this for you.

Thanks man!

I had plans to do shit and its driving me crazy it ain't working

but i really appreciate it!

Dusty    1598

So, I believe you could only bleach other clothes (besides t shirts and armbands) in the experimental patch that it was introduced. I believe when that patch came to stable (patch .58 ), you could only bleach t shirts, and dye white t shirts and white armbands. 

Currently, you can still dye white t shirts and white armbands, but it is very buggy at the moment. I've seen someone's white t shirt turn to the color of a dyed t shirt when someone with a dyed t shirt approached them. Same with armbands. They seem to switch their colors to whatever t shirt/armband is near them for whatever reason, so I don't think dying clothing is worth it right now.

Hodgie    0

So, I believe you could only bleach other clothes (besides t shirts and armbands) in the experimental patch that it was introduced. I believe when that patch came to stable (patch .58 ), you could only bleach t shirts, and dye white t shirts and white armbands. 

Currently, you can still dye white t shirts and white armbands, but it is very buggy at the moment. I've seen someone's white t shirt turn to the color of a dyed t shirt when someone with a dyed t shirt approached them. Same with armbands. They seem to switch their colors to whatever t shirt/armband is near them for whatever reason, so I don't think dying clothing is worth it right now.

Yeah I've noticed that as well, thanks

Harry    18

@OP are happy with the answers given here? Or do you want to wait just incase some else comes in with a even better answer?

Hodgie    0

@OP are happy with the answers given here? Or do you want to wait just incase some else comes in with a even better answer?

I am happy with the current answers but it wanna hear from someone who's done it like within the past few days, maybe the neon armband guys i saw in a report just recently? So yes please keep it open for a little bit longer thanks

Jamie    1424

I've done it personally myself recently, and also coloured my leather sack into a dark brown using tree bark. You can tan all the leather items also.

I'll leave this picture for you below to show you how the "neon coloured armband" people did it.

dayz-dyeing-color-mechanics-on-current-0-58-exp.jpg

Follow this chart and it will work. Since your question has been answered, I'm marking this as /solved.

Bruce    0

Just a heads up, when I was coloring armbands I discovered that only a few colors actually work in this iteration of .60. I was able to make dark blue, but 90% of the combinations I tried didn't work. For armbands you don't need bleach, just put a blank white armband in the barrel with the ingredients and "Color Clothes."

I'm not entirely sure about bleaching actual clothing items though.

Hodgie    0

Just a heads up, when I was coloring armbands I discovered that only a few colors actually work in this iteration of .60. I was able to make dark blue, but 90% of the combinations I tried didn't work. For armbands you don't need bleach, just put a blank white armband in the barrel with the ingredients and "Color Clothes."

I'm not entirely sure about bleaching actual clothing items though.

Thanks and yeah i think only certain colors work