Server time: 2017-08-19, 20:42

Sign in to follow this  
Zantier

"Vultures"

Zantier    3

I just wanted to get something off my chest that has been annoying me and my group recently and this is people diving on player corpses as soonas they drop.

As we all know dayz is full of bugs and glitches than can cause your character to just die... What really annoys me is when such a glitch happens or if player dies in a legit RP scenario people will sprint to the corpse and start picking it clean regardless of the situation which just feels to me like really bad Rp.

A example of this was in the outrun camp the other week when a stationary hatchback glitched out and killed me. Our groups was about 5/7 strong at the time and was all in the near vicinity to my body and within seconds of my death players or "vultures" swooped and i was left naked on the ground. In a real situation if anyone tried this they would be held at gun point by the other members of the group 100%, unfortunately this is dayz and it's hard to tell who looted what.

Anyway with that rant over I'd like to get peoples opinions on this and how they feel this kind of behaviour impacts Rp.

Well your friends could have just held everyone at gunpoint then? Right?

Zantier    3

Yes lets hold everyone involved in the middle of the outrun camp at gun point, Sorry for the sarcasm but thats not the greatest idea.

Yes lets hold everyone involved in the middle of the outrun camp at gun point, Sorry for the sarcasm but thats not the greatest idea.

This is an apocalypse. People are going to get supplies any way they can. I mean you even gave them a name. "Vultures" Thats exactly what they are. Giving people like that a name just gives them more of an RP reason to do it.

Now Im not saying going into an active firefight and looting is okay. but in your situation, theres really no reason to be angry. People die every once in awhile from a glitch or bug, and people scoop their shit. If your friends didnt want anyone to take it then they should have done something about it. 

Your stuff must not have been important enough to them, because hey, its just gear? It respawns.

Like you said yourself, if the "vulture" mentality is blatant enough to where they just run without saying anything to the bodies and start looting while you were all RPing, just report for bad RP. It's the only way to deal with that in my opinion.

Goku    61

Unfortunately the best answer I can give you is 'It's DayZ'. Other than that the best advice I can give you is stay away from vehicles until they aren't as glitchy.

I personally have never had this happen to me so I don't know what it feels like.

Zantier    3

I get that people would scavenge a body for supplies however in situations like this in the middle of a populated camp in which my character has made a lot of relations as well as being in the company of other group members running up a body and looting it as strider just said is just bad RP. In a real situation it would take a lot more time than just double clicking an inventory slot and it would be clear who is looting the body.

In reply to the "it's just gear comment" i couldn't agree more. I was almost permanently removed for having the mentality of emphasising the importance of my loot and have since change my mindset just shrug the loot off as immaterial. The thing that annoys me (and the reason for this thread) is the bad RP involved vulturing items of a corpse with little to no RP around the events of the death.

This is an apocalypse.

Not like any one treats it like an Apocalypse any way.

Zantier    3

Unfortunately the best answer I can give you is 'It's DayZ'. Other than that the best advice I can give you is stay away from vehicles until they aren't as glitchy.

I personally have never had this happen to me so I don't know what it feels like.

It's also the second/ third floor building desync related heart attacks lol

This thread is also talking about people who will run into active firefights/Rp situations with no valid reason to just try scavenge from corpses.

Lucky1911    60

i 'll agree to this kinda...but another thing that annoys me is when people die in a obvious gunfight people who aint involved rush to the bodys then get shot..and get upset cause they die an report.

You ran into a gun fight you die , your fault

Have your friends protect your shit. Besides aren't you guys the 'guards' at Outrun's camp? Meaning you have some kind of authority there?

Zantier    3

d within seconds of my death players or "vultures" swooped and i was left naked 

Have your friends protect your shit. Besides aren't you guys the 'guards' at Outrun's camp? Meaning you have some kind of authority there?

In this instance although people where at the camp they weren't on top of my body. People seem to be missing the point here, This instance isn't the focus of the thread it's the mentality of people just tunnel visioning towards a dead body to loot it disregarding nearby events or taking part in any RP.

This is an apocalypse.

Not like any one treats it like an Apocalypse any way.

Thats a shame for those people. and honestly a really ignorant way of thinking

Sam Fields    153

Aye, this is a problem that should be addressed by the staff team. Some kind of statement as people don't seem to be getting the message.

Uber    3

I agree that this is a bad problem. But I also feel like this problem cannot be avoided until it is directly addressed by developers. I don't think that there is any way to prevent anyone from coming in, stealing your stuff when someone isn't looking, and running away with it without any indicator that it was him. This is just a general community issue that we have to deal with. The only way we can solve this problem is by trusting that the community isn't full of greedy monsters.

Aye, this is a problem that should be addressed by the staff team. Some kind of statement as people don't seem to be getting the message.

I think people are getting the message. It ruins RP when people dash for gear on a dead body. We get it. 

Although while annoying, kind of petty to let something like that annoy you. Like if someone wants to run into an active firefight and grab a shiny m4 then let them. They will get killed. And with the current rules in place, the person who killed them will get banned for MisID. Sure its not the best idea, but why let it effect you. Just continue RPing like normal. 

If anything, you could be disrupting some one elses RP with your OOC annoyance. 

*Unmutes TS* "DUDE this guy is totally gear RPing!!!! GUYSS DO YOU HEAR MEEEE. LOOK AT THIS GUY. RIGHT THERE!!! 

Now this would annoy me. ^ Someone else risking their life for gear is not my problem.

i 'll agree to this kinda...but another thing that annoys me is when people die in a obvious gunfight people who aint involved rush to the bodys then get shot..and get upset cause they die an report.

You ran into a gun fight you die , your fault

Yeah, if there's clearly an active firefight going on and you run in to loot bodies you can get banned for NVFL, as has happened in the past.

snowman9852    9

With this man essentially if you die it's not your gear anymore glitch or not... in an "apocalypse" stuff will be scares and bodies will be picked clean... the "vulture" mentality is technically a way to rp only if you do it within the rules... IE: Don't run into an active fire fight then complain when you die. Mr OP you also need to see your friends failed you if you wanted your gear back they should have held everyone at gun point they had the right to do so plus would have gotten extra stuff out of it. I'm personally not a "vulture" but i understand why there is "vultures"

MuggZ    0

It happens irl too you dont even have to be dead. Pass out drunk in NYC you will wake up w/o shoes a wallet etc.

Samaritan    251

Yes it might be annoying but we are nearly two years into an apocalypse and things would be hard to come by, while some characters would not do it, some would as it is in there nature to scavenge and to not respect life. You see it on lots of apocalyptic type films, someone dies and the 'vultures' move in.

In reality however and unfortunately people love shiny things and so those that like gear will move in quick to see what they can get.

So you have two answers there, it could be classed as being realistic because of the timeframe we are now in but in RL people want those easy pickings.

Hobo code

This.

Nihoolious    1106

If you don't want people to take yours or your friend's shit, actually try and defend it or stop the thieves don't just go "Hey guise, don't take his stuff pls." And if you don't then fucking HOBO CODE is used and everyone piles onto the body. Harsh words won't do shit and forum posts don't help much either.