Server time: 2017-10-22, 08:31
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  

Just a thought I had wanting to see if people thought it was a good one

The idea I had for a server was to have to team on one server. There would be no KOS for your teammates obviously. There would be a way to KOS for the other team if the requirements were "broken or met" by the opposing team. To determine each team there would be a sign up. Each player would spawn with a colored arm ban according to the team they are on. There is plenty of  ways this could go and be done. I was just wondering if anyone thought it was a good idea. lol 

Thank you,

Pacman1745

Faith    732

So basically Halo online meets DayZRP

Ramon    360

You mean a event or something?

Because this is the wrong forum section for it..

But this is a RolePlay community, not a PVP community.

I don't see this happening in the servers.

And to be honest I don't like it too...

Vapor    0

I am confused. We can't spawn with stuff.

Can you please try explaining this again?

Castiel    1124

Could you elaborate a little for us? I don't quite understand what you mean.

Commissar    119

What???? I think you need to describe your idea better for anyone to understand!!!

Hollows    453

I think that instead of this, RolePlay should be everyone's number one priority while on any DayZRP server instead of risking someone accidentally getting KoS'ed because of the color of cloth they put on their arms.

I suppose I could've explained this more. It would not be KOS just because you see the other team. There would be many factors in which the other team or your team would have to break in order to harm another person on the opposite team. Things (I'm completely spitballing) like taking crops from a field in which a team in cultivating food for their group. In no way am I trying to get it to be anything like PVP more like two separate teams trying to survive in a large population together. This would not mean just because you see the opposite color team to kill them that would only happen if they somehow wronged you in your current life and you did not die in that current life. I am quite new to this as well and if I am posting this in the wrong forum please let me know. You would spawn as you would normally just with a colored arm band to let other players know "who" you are. Now the primary focus is not to kill the opposite team but to co-survive with them, (trading, (clearing zombie hordes, not sure if there would be a way to create those but, yea). That doesn't mean though that things always go smoothly when trying to co-exist with another group. Again this is just an idea I had while sitting here bored at work and just wanted to see if there was any interest in a concept like this.

Goryan    7

Wait..... aren't we basically doing this already? I mean we just aren't spawning on "Teams." We are creating our own groups to survive.

Ramon    360

I suppose I could've explained this more. It would not be KOS just because you see the other team. There would be many factors in which the other team or your team would have to break in order to harm another person on the opposite team. Things (I'm completely spitballing) like taking crops from a field in which a team in cultivating food for their group. In no way am I trying to get it to be anything like PVP more like two separate teams trying to survive in a large population together. This would not mean just because you see the opposite color team to kill them that would only happen if they somehow wronged you in your current life and you did not die in that current life. I am quite new to this as well and if I am posting this in the wrong forum please let me know. You would spawn as you would normally just with a colored arm band to let other players know "who" you are. Now the primary focus is not to kill the opposite team but to co-survive with them, (trading, (clearing zombie hordes, not sure if there would be a way to create those but, yea). That doesn't mean though that things always go smoothly when trying to co-exist with another group. Again this is just an idea I had while sitting here bored at work and just wanted to see if there was any interest in a concept like this.

Seeing a other player and then shoot is still KOS. Making contact ( talking ) with the person first and then shoot is RDM.

But again, do you see this as an event? Because I'm confused right now!

You want to '' change '' the whole idea of RP?

If you don't mean this idea as an event, this will not happen.

Our RP on the servers is not create a couple of teams, gearing up and then fight each other in the way how you write it.

And like somebody else said before, you can not '' spawn '' things in....

I would not want to change RP I like the rules and guidelines this group has. I would try this on my own server and things would be laid out in a way that it would be very clear cut RP no RDM/or KOS. I do know that we can now form groups with in the world and survive. This is just a tweak to that as you would be set in a group before spawning in and have to find members of your group and set up to survive long term with each other and with the other group. Again this was just an idea I am in no way trying to change how this group works at all. If it were to be ever tried it would be standalone to not interfere. Thank you for the feed back! 

Extatic17    0

I'm sure the reason a lot of people came here was to prevent getting KOS'ed, which is why KOS is such a hefty ban. Adding a server that someone encourages KOS is just a bad idea imo.

Ellie    335

No...

Rory    1589

Im so confused :D

Pussy    382

We have pretty strict rules that go into play before even considering killing another player. This is mainly to ensure the fairness for both parties involved, and of course to endorse as much RP as possible. In your suggestion, it sounds as if you want to make the rules more lenient towards killing another community member -- this, however, does not really have RP in the best interest.

Not only that, but the way the game currently is, there are no tools in order to spawn in "hordes of zombies" or "coloured arm bands". We don't have a way to create this even if for some reason we wanted to.

I don't mean to aggressively shut your idea down, just trying to provide a perspective into why this suggestion wouldn't really be possible.

I'm sure the reason a lot of people came here was to prevent getting KOS'ed, which is why KOS is such a hefty ban. Adding a server that someone encourages KOS is just a bad idea imo.

I would not be encouraging KOS not sure where you are getting that from my idea.

Zantier    3

There would be a way to KOS for the other team if the requirements were "broken or met" by the opposing team.

Thank you,

Pacman1745

As Goryan said we're essentially doing this already except we gain execution rights so you need to defiantly identify your target first rather than straight KOS for armband colour. from what I gather you're describing some kind of RP / TDM / Dayz. There are server which are RP encouraged but don't have rules as such which have groups etc but are still pretty much normal servers with large clans and a dash of RP.

If i'm understanding you correctly then you're describing pretty much what we have here but with pre-determined groups and the ability to KOS based on arm band colour. Sorry but this doesn't sound very appealing.

Sam Fields    156

The more event type activities: the better! I don't think this is the right sort of idea, or it certainly needs some re-thinking, but it's nice to see someone throwing ideas out there :D

Ocean    6

-snip-

I get the idea your going for. Sadly Dayz Standalone doesn't allow the server owners to change what you spawn with. So you wouldn't be able to spawn with an armband. 

But actually a lot of what you said kinda already goes on in these servers. About groups surviving together and developing scenarios and relationships with other groups that allow for hostile Roleplay, and even PVP at times. It's just a lot of these scenarios unfold after days and weeks (even months) of Role Playing. Which makes it much more satisfying because when you do find yourself in a hostile situation, it is because of emotions and developing stories rather then the "gamemode" like most other games with guns and PVP capabilities. 

Develop a character and start Role Playing on the servers. Soon enough you will actually find some of your ideas come to life and it will be awesome. Just follow the rules, and read a bunch of guides people have written so you can better learn how everything already works.

The more event type activities: the better! I don't think this is the right sort of idea, or it certainly needs some re-thinking, but it's nice to see someone throwing ideas out there :D

Thanks dude. Yea I am just throwing it out to see what people think. I literally just thought of this about 2hrs ago while working n bored. I understand that RP would be the foundation but it would be team based from the start but both team would be encouraged to work with each other. I think the analogy of the Walking Dead fits well. Two communities trying to survive. Yes both would not KOS at all but relation would be dealt accordingly for such things as, steal crops, food, taking people hostage, ect..now this would not condone KOS but an attempt to negotiate...we all know sometimes negotations go bad. I know this could be done in the current RP but the way a team could be formed before loggin in and then having to find that team and formulate a base or trading post is something that seemed cool. Thanks for the encouragement dude!

-snip-

I get the idea your going for. Sadly Dayz Standalone doesn't allow the server owners to change what you spawn with. So you wouldn't be able to spawn with an armband. 

But actually a lot of what you said kinda already goes on in these servers. About groups surviving together and developing scenarios and relationships with other groups that allow for hostile Roleplay, and even PVP at times. It's just a lot of these scenarios unfold after days and weeks (even months) of Role Playing. Which makes it much more satisfying because when you do find yourself in a hostile situation, it is because of emotions and developing stories rather then the "gamemode" like most other games with guns and PVP capabilities. 

Develop a character and start Role Playing on the servers. Soon enough you will actually find some of your ideas come to life and it will be awesome. Just follow the rules, and read a bunch of guides people have written so you can better learn how everything already works.

oooo they dont allow that change...dang. Yea that is exactly what im search for...im tried of PVP'ing all day. Don't get me wrong I love a good ol fashion shoot that gets your blood going but there is no story with that kind of game play. I haven't yet played on the whitelist yet. I just got approved this am when I checked at work so my first time will be tonight so I am looking forward to it! Cheers man!!

"There would be a way to KOS for the other team"

There would be no KOS for your teammates obviously. There would be a way to KOS for the other team if the requirements were "broken or met" by the opposing team

Uber    3

Yeah, this is more event related. Not only is it event related, but it seems unlike anything related to roleplay. I can't really think of any applicable scenario where this would fit in line with a roleplay server. It would basically be TDM with restrictions. I'm not too sure if this would fit in with the server. Maybe you can find another server that does purely suggested events?

Yeah, this is more event related. Not only is it event related, but it seems unlike anything related to roleplay. I can't really think of any applicable scenario where this would fit in line with a roleplay server. It would basically be TDM with restrictions. I'm not too sure if this would fit in with the server. Maybe you can find another server that does purely suggested events?

yea no KOS? too bad I saw 3 ppl just know one in a press uniform at the NWAF minding my own business....heard from one other person that the people in the press vest were killing people by baiting them....approached them and said hi....seem weird as two of them with aks hung behind a tent and behind the press guy....I didnt feel right and took off....nothing wrong with that...they said if i didnt stop they would shoot me...i said i heard some bad things...they starting shooting at me and killed me....nice RP nice

Uber    3

yea no KOS? too bad I saw 3 ppl just know one in a press uniform at the NWAF minding my own business....heard from one other person that the people in the press vest were killing people by baiting them....approached them and said hi....seem weird as two of them with aks hung behind a tent and behind the press guy....I didnt feel right and took off....nothing wrong with that...they said if i didnt stop they would shoot me...i said i heard some bad things...they starting shooting at me and killed me....nice RP nice

In this scenario, you should probably file a report. Sure they are awful bandits, but they can't kill you for just replying to them. Also, you speak like this scenario is bad (which I agree) yet you wish to promote it. Trust me, a TDM WOULD be fun, however it just doesn't fit server guidelines, similar to your example. I don't wanna be rude or suppress your ideas. I just want it to be understood that the server's rules and fundamentals should be thoroughly respected.