Server time: 2017-08-18, 20:12

Sign in to follow this  
Henning

Planetside 2 | Why now is the time to play | DayZRP Outfit

Henning    61

[video=youtube]

Please Watch this video before reading any further

Greetings folks, Today I would like to talk to you about a game that has had special place in my heart for a long, long time. Planetside 2. I began playing the game around the same I found DayZRP with the Death Legion Outfit after we left the Failing MMO Face of Mankind.  The game provides what in my opinion is one of the funnest MMOFPS experiences currently available and a constant string of action. Sadly, most players only scratch the surface when playing planetside 2. The World of Friday Night Ops and Outfits adds a level of teamwork and competition that you can't find anywhere other then Planetside 2.

latest?cb=20091013200737

85th Orbital Drop Shock Trooper Regiment

Feet first into hell!

Presenting the 85th ODST Regiment, a New Air Assault Outfit serving the Terran Republic on Emerald.  Putting a Focus Realism, Planning and Teamwork. The 85th is looking for Players who put Teamwork and Fun above all else. Why Post about it on DayZRP? Because I know this is a community that when presented with two options. Players here will always choose the one that will require the work, even while the rest of the player enjoy quick thrills.

Competitive Realism

First seen on Squad League, a competitive Realism tournament on the FPS Squad. The Idea of Competitive Realism is foreign to most. In its most simple form, Competitive Realism is PVP Milsim without any of the unnecessary bullshit thrown in for the sake of "Realism". While Squad League would only live for a short while (Due to its organizers being Active duty and unable to organize any long form events). The Playstyle is created lives on, And I want to bring it to Planetside 2.

Structure

Currently, the 85th Roster hold only one name. Mine. So sadly I can't talk much of the current structure, but I can talk about what I have planned. Ideally, The Day to day operations of the Regiment will be at Platoon level, each platoon would be broken down into three 8 players Squads.  Combined under the Leadership of an Officer and a Senior NCO these 24 players would play together when convenient. Combining their strength with the other platoons for one or two massive operations a week. 

Weekly Regiment Operations

Outfit Operations are what make planetside 2 truly special. Imagine if you will, 25 tanks rolling together as a combined force to steam role the enemy team. Or, Imagine dozens of Shock Troopers attacking the objective by jumping out of drop ships. These are the type of experiences you find in Planetside 2, the kind of firefights you enjoy thinking about long after you've uninstalled the game.

DarkSide    229

You make me want to reinstall this game.

Henning    61

I need to reinstall this game, Planetside is hella fun

Both of you, Do it and join TR on emerald. The more the merrier!

Doc Phlox    24

I love this game so much! The only problem is my laptop is such ass, that I onky.grt like 10 fps which makes it unplayable even on low low settings.

That being said this game offers so much that I enjoy, once I get a new computer I would love to get more active in it.

Ghoozovich    263

1ST TERRAN RANGERS REPRESENT!!!

Been playing this thing since closed beta. Absolutely love the game! Nothing else like it! I also adore what they have done with the game at this point. So much new content, tweaks, quality of life improvements - if there was a time to start playing or get back to the game, it is now! Highly recommended to those who enjoy 1st person sci-fi warfare on a planetary scale!

Though I am part of a different outfit, and easily one of the best and most efficient I might shamelessly add, I'd love to play with any of you who decide to hop on to PS2 again and especially show what's what to those of you who are new and want some pointers. ;)

iBUYCHOWDER    43

I would go back on but i still think this game is heavy P2W. MInd you i did have great fun for the time to play it but to me its too heavy sides for combat for people who put a considerate amount of money into it.

Rolle    2449

I remember the launch, so many people and so long queues, I got tired of waiting every time I wanted to play. When I tried it again a year later the servers were completely empty which again turned me off. A shame really, cause the game was really awesome.

Henning    61

I remember the launch, so many people and so long queues, I got tired of waiting every time I wanted to play. When I tried it again a year later the servers were completely empty which again turned me off. A shame really, cause the game was really awesome.

I experienced almost the same experience. Loved the game on launch, came back a year later and the player base was dead. But I decided to subscribe to its subreddit and sure enough over time the updates became better and better. The game now has Mechanics in place to keep the player base alive. The community also organize massive battles in a server Vs server esports fashion.

Ghoozovich    263

I would go back on but i still think this game is heavy P2W. MInd you i did have great fun for the time to play it but to me its too heavy sides for combat for people who put a considerate amount of money into it.

Absolutely no idea what you're on about, mate. There is zero P2W element in the game. The best thing you can unlock with real money or DayBreakCash is cosmetics. Yes, you can spend it on weapons, but to be fair, certification point acquisition at this stage is so efficient, that this is completely unnecessary. Attachment prices are also a lot, lot lower than what they used to be. Hell, until Battle Rank 15 you get 100 certs at every level, they're basically handing you free stuff.

And furthermore, you cannot unlock the most important things with cash - and that is upgrades for classes like armour and utilities. Those are ingame currency ONLY. These are the only things you should be spending your certs on to begin with anyway - the stock weapons are absolutely wonderful and easily the best ones or rather most balanced ones. Every seasoned veteran will tell you that they prefer their default class gun rather than some fancy unlock. Exhibit A: The TR CARV LMG is an absolute beast at CQC and with controlled bursts is equally as effective at mid-range. Exhibit B: the stock NC Guass SAW is referred to as the GOD SAW. Need I say more? Exhibit C: The VS default Orion is labelled the BEST LMG in the game by veterans and professional players (from when PS2 MLG was a thing).

Damn, that's just some bad luck. The game had its ups and downs throughout the last couple of years, but it's definitely at an up now. Especially with construction and resource collection added. If you have time, give it another shot, it's worth it. ;)

PS It's also important to note what server you're on. I play on Emerald, which is US and that means that I probably won't get a proper fight till 2300 hours (give or take) Central EU time.

PPS #NeverForgetMergerSmash2014 #MeltSnowGetWaterSon

[video=youtube]

Species    237

Ayy sign me up fam, been playing since Planet Side. And never got into it again when my Outift left the game...

Henning    61

Ayy sign me up fam, been playing since Planet Side. And never got into it again when my Outift left the game...

PM sent.

I loved this game, but stopped playing when the dudes i played with quit it as well. I'd love to get back into it, hope this gains some traction.

Henning    61

I loved this game, but stopped playing when the dudes i played with quit it as well. I'd love to get back into it, hope this gains some traction.

Feel free to send me a PM with your character name on emerald! The more players who get involved the faster this will grow?

ODST Vibes.

Tempting... I'll think about reinstalling this.

Species    237

Tiprz is the name for Terran, even though I main NC

SpaceCowboy    226

Oh god I haven't played this in a while. It was so fun!

Species    237

Just played a straight 3 hours tonight, was some great fun to play again. Prophet Legionaries 4 lyfe

Sold! I'll install later today. :)

Henning    61

Been playing when I don't have work! For those of you who are interested in playing, Please send me a character name for Terran Republic on Emerald! I will add you to the Outfit!

Species    237

The Republic has been a good change from the Vanu, glad to be aboard the 85th

Looks like I have a new game to play.

Henning    61

I need to reinstall this game, Planetside is hella fun

a27b79ebb17226bb6bc2e1bf602f3c73.jpg

you have woken up some memories...

might be time to look at the game again

ODST Vibes.

Tempting... I'll think about reinstalling this.

Oh god I haven't played this in a while. It was so fun!

Time to reinstall.

Sold! I'll install later today. :)

Looks like I have a new game to play.

Everyone, We will hopefully be having our first community mission this Friday or Saturday! Those interested should message me the character name for their TR Character on Emerald by Friday Morning!