Sign in to follow this  

Justice League? Troll or No?

Troll or No?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Troll or No?

• Yes, Troll.
    • No this is great.

The Backstory:

While drunk and in TS last night I had the greatest idea for a group of survivors... A bunch of nerds who were on their way to the Russian comic con before the infection... Now I know what you're thinking. Cringe cringe cringe. Hear me out.

Gibby Charles and his friends were bullied all their lives, they're massive fans of DC comic books, and love to cosplay them because it lets them break away from their normal lives. A few days after the Russian Comic-Con the outbreak happened, obsessed with the idea of the Zombie Apocalypse (like we all are irl) they snuck into South Zagoria to check it out. Realizing that this was a very bad idea, they had to overcome various trials of survival, and learn many different tricks of the trade. Along the way they found a helicopter crash with a ton of military grade weapons. They learned how to shoot them, and became very good at it. Now these nerds, armed to the teeth and in costumes that make them believe they are their favorite DC comic book character, they wish to take revenge on the Bullies of South Zagoria. 

The Question: 

Is this trolly to you? Or would you like to see something like this. 

Me being somewhat new, I have hung around many of the older players in the community and some of them plan on doing this with me. Of course I and everyone involved will be providing nothing less than exceptional RP. Anyone who has seen me IC can attest for this. Just wanted to get opinions, because I know there are going to be some people who don't like this. 

Character page - http://www.dayzrp.com/characters?view=3805

Ramon    360

Like I said in the other thread! NO!

Just make it man... Just do it!

Ghoozovich    265

I mean... I once met a weeaboo who was going on and on about his waifu and katana sword, so... sure! I actually think this could be a lot of fun. OF COURSE - depends on how you RP it out, but I'd like to see this.

Like, if said nerds/geeks/enthusiasts do actually realise the situation they're in and are not rushing into everything Don Quixote style, but still find it hard to conceal their excitement, that'll be pretty good. It's a more realistic, achievable and fun idea than some I've read on these forums.

Strider    0

I mean... I once met a weeaboo who was going on and on about his waifu and katana sword, so... sure!

Ah, you must be talking about my friend Kyle Hill.

Thumper    0

First, except for Batman, DC comics are shit.

Second, depending on the RP, would determine whether I found it trollplay or not.

Do  I think its realistic? Nope. The odds of a cosplay nerd surviving the initial outbreak is pretty slim. 

The fact they 'believe' they are the characters is cringe worthy for me.

Insane people are the new 'supersoldier'.

Sofie    0

Do it.

I think it could be funny finding some "less fitting survivors" in the middle of this mess. Not just super soldiers or expert survivors. It is up to you to not make it trolly and instead work a lot on your characters so that you know how to react in every situation. I'm getting this imagine in my head of them being even more annoying white knights, following girls they think look like Wonderwoman.

SpaceCowboy    229

Though I think the concept is interesting, I would totally want to be batman and all but I have gotta say this could be considered to some people as trolling. Also, I don't know if a lot of ideas that happen when drunk are good. 

Now if you were geeks that formed a bond on your love of all things nerddom and set out to be a hero group with maybe codenames like batman, superman, wonderwoman, etc that would be awesome. I don't know so much about saying you guys are in the costumes. Oh and also get a few other fandom in and you could have Star Trek and Star Wars or doctor who even would be pretty neat to see. 

Just my thoughts but I wish you good luck none the less with this and if you guys go forward with the idea maybe it will change my opinion depending on the role play given. :)

It's definitely going to take some time to create, and this isn't going to happen anytime soon as I'm not straying away from my main and The Plantation. However it is something I am going to pursue and create eventually, and with the help of everyone's input I can make it great. Thank you ladies and gentlemen for the feedback and keep it coming!

Wulfe    6

I don't have any problem with a bunch of nerds inspired to do good by their comic book role-models.

But frankly a bunch of geeks cosplaying as heroes in the apocalypse? Sounds like a mixture of Kick-Ass and Zombie Land, neither of which is what I'd like out of interaction on DayZRP.

It gets a no from me, but if try it anyway, good luck.

The idea of not using "Costumes" and just dressing in the colors of our favorite comic book characters and calling each other the names of them sounds a lot more feasible.

Valkerion    0

I mean I have been trying to make "Captain Chernarus" a thing.

As for believing your a superhero it depends entirely on how you play it out it wont be easy to do it well most people will just think you're trolling.

Being inspired by certain heroes though is a bit more feasible following thier values and maybe even to an extent thier clothing.

Castiel    1124

I mean... I once met a weeaboo who was going on and on about his waifu and katana sword, so... sure!

Ah, you must be talking about my friend Kyle Hill.

Great character.

But on this subject, I don't personally think it makes much sense.

It's going to need tons of planning and rework.. It all checks out though. Comic Con Russia aligns with the date of the infection. I understand people think we're just going to be running around yelling "I'm batman" but it's simply not the case. I met a professional CSGO player one time and his roleplay was actually pretty good. I mean if that guy can survive the apocalypse I think a group of nerds could, add the psychological effects of something like killing infected has on someone. It's not a completely far fetched idea.

Dishes    159

I actually thought of a very similar idea, and if done correctly I could see it as being entertaining. Though the only issue is the likelihood of them having survived this long is very low.

Samaritan    343

Please tell me I can set up a Suicide Squad then. (Watched it yesterday a really enjoyed it.)

In all seriousness I could see a group based on the ideals of superheroes but not actually believing that they are them. You'd also need good RP'ers who could act correctly because if done wrong it would come out as being trolly. The backstory would need to be damn good for it to pass through the loremasters scrutiny.

Also a comic-con in a war torn country? Hmmm.

Burgz    6

Had the idea of a load of nerds going comic-con in Chernarus before, think I even wrote a story somewhere on my computer; would be interesting to see someone try it!

go4it

Skinner    496

I'm confused, do these nerds actually think they're superheroes? Like to they have mental problems? Or are they just comic book fans who are surviving because the found guns? If it's the ladder, what does that really have to do with anything, I mean would a group of baseball fans or football fans be making a group based on their favorite sports team because they share an interest in it and they found some guns? I guess I am just unclear on how much or how little the super hero aspect plays into this group idea, and that would determine how trolly I find it to be or how relevant I find it to be as a group idea.

Edit: It's certainly a unique and interesting idea, I'll definitely grant you that. Very creative.

Cthuluz    12

Sounds like a cool idea man, You should do it! I hope to see the heroes in game lol.

Hebi Kotei    345

I personally think that the character itself does not make much sense this far into the apocalypse and the character itself wouldn't have survived this far into the apocalypse either, as Dishes said, it could be entertaining if it is done correctly. I do believe if it isn't done correctly it can come off as a bit of a troll.

Jinx    17

Sounds funny... but so troll haha plus a lot of the heros have a strict no killing Rule no matter what

Jinx    17

Can you imagine Russian comicon. That would be lit

i'm down.. all The russian babes cosplaying and vodka Shots for everyone.

Wumby    0

Can you imagine Russian comicon. That would be lit

i'm down.. all The russian babes cosplaying and vodka Shots for everyonr.

18zxmu.jpg