Server time: 2017-10-22, 10:16
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Razareth

Your friendly Chernarus Bandit and YOU

Razareth    274

So here we are again, you and me.

Trying to unravel the mysteries that is DayZRP Community.

Recently I read a interesting threat from xMarrk about Banditry and Scare Tactics.

(Source here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Banditry-and-Scare-Tactics)

This got me thinking a bit.

Have I met Bandits and they just let me go?

Now let me give a rundown of my approach to people. A friendly greeting, some exchange of pleasantries and then maybe a swap of information or trade.

A good example was a group of gentleman asking if I have seen anyone on the NWAF. I gave all information that I knew and even after making a new discovery of a group. Went to go find them and told them about it, since they where still close by.

Secondly according to other threats about how to not be robbed. I don't think I appear to be a good target. Clothing wise I'm wearing standard "Hunter" attire. Weapon wise I'm using a CR527 basic with just a Scope and Mag, no Wrap. If I do find a AUG or AK or something of value I usually give it to the first person who asks.

I know this is probably somewhat bad RP to be so friendly, but that is just how my Character is. We like being friendly and helpful.

So is it just me or have I been just very lucky to not run into bandits?

I can't help but notice a lot of people complaining about it and I'm close to reaching my 30 DayZ in DayZRP milestone.

Jinx    20

Being robbed... sometimes you don't have to do anything just like in real life you could be the nicest guy and still get a knife pulled on you and your money taken.. it's the same on here... gear and attitude does help the actions move quicker from hey mate to drop your shit.. but even nice guys get robbed.. you just gotta make friends so that you can use them as kind of a sheild to most non group robbers. You sir Mr OP will experience robberies and honestly they can be a lot of fun and to those who get robbed a lot maybe don't be an ass to the 7 guys with full military gear.. or don't role with the shiney loot for gear rp just.. be nice and co-operative then maybe you leave without scars plus your gear intact.

MapleMooses    0

It honestly depends.

My character is probably the biggest cunt alive, so I get initiated on all the time.

Characters I play with, like Dora who plays a mentally challenged teenager, hardly ever gets initiated on by bandits.

Jinx    20

It honestly depends.

My character is probably the biggest cunt alive, so I get initiated on all the time.

Characters I play with, like Dora who plays a mentally challenged teenager, hardly ever gets initiated on by bandits.

Dora's character being how it is would tug on people's heart strings making it difficult to rob her plus all her "friends" would be a huge sheild against it.

Most Bandits i know like to get to know you first to see what they can do/ your beliefs and honestly yeah we play bandits in game but it's just a human reflex to not rob the mentally challenged girl but instead help her to make sure she is okay. We are pretty much programmed from birth with ads on t.v and how people discuss it that we need to be more... accepting and more willing to help honestly it's not a bad thing.

Valkerion    0

mentally challenged teenager, hardly ever gets initiated on by bandits.

Thats because they dont want to have to deal with that kind of behavior its difficult enough taking people hostage properly even more so when they can mess about under the guise of being mentally challenged etc.

MapleMooses    0

It honestly depends.

Dora's character being how it is would tug on people's heart strings making it difficult to rob her plus all her "friends" would be a huge sheild against it.

Most Bandits i know like to get to know you first to see what they can do/ your beliefs and honestly yeah we play bandits in game but it's just a human reflex to not rob the mentally challenged girl but instead help her to make sure she is okay. We are pretty much programmed from birth with ads on t.v and how people discuss it that we need to be more... accepting and more willing to help honestly it's not a bad thing.

mentally challenged teenager, hardly ever gets initiated on by bandits.

Thats because they dont want to have to deal with that kind of behavior its difficult enough taking people hostage properly even more so when they can mess about under the guise of being mentally challenged etc.

Which is why I said it depends on what kind of character you RP.

Jinx    20

sorry that he threatned you

You what mate who threatened who