Server time: 2017-08-18, 10:56

Sign in to follow this  

Interview a community member :Stage 53

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the

community together.

The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member.

During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This week we interviewed:

Stage53

Thank you so much for participating!

~ Tell us something unique about yourself! ~

I've saved 123 people from drowning to date. I've also had to perform cpr a couple of times and can teach and certify people!

~ Which section in the Forum are the you most interested in and why? ~

I love the reports section. It's the best place to go for new and old members to get examples of the rules, see various situations, and see what staff's general opinion is on certain things. I also like to try and predict the outcome of the report and use it to judge my understanding of the rules.

~ How did you find out about DayZRP? ~

Well as some of you know I have a fairly large twitch stream and for a while I was streaming Dayz. My favorite thing to do was try to actually have conversations with people and make friends for a bit even if we got killed or killed each other. A viewer suggested I check out the community because I enjoyed interacting with others and I joined after watching some videos!

~ Have you made any friends during your time in this community? ~

I've made a few friends over my time here. Admittedly it's mostly been people who have picked on my character Mia but ooc invited me to hang out on TS. I don't typically get on TS or join random channels because I don't want to be a bother but if you do want to be friends I'm very approachable, just give Mia a radio frequency!

~ Is there something that you would like to see added to our community? ~

Possibly a restriction on new members who feel the need to play "crazy" or cannibal characters. I've very rarely met new members who have pulled off these roles well and normally I leave if I run into characters like this. On the other hand I've met very well RPed crazies or cannibals that have freaked me out. I just feel like some people could do better off observing how to RP it properly before they go and do it themselves. Plus the "cool factor" of being crazy may have worn off by then.

~ What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences? ~

Some of my most memorable moments were in the very early days of Mia's life. Day one of rolling her she was scared into joining the Family. Everything kinda went downhill from there but they showed me amazing crazy RP as well as just general RP. And boy did I learn a ton about hostile RP from them. To this day I still sometimes run into people who know of Mia and her nickname as the Soul Cleanser. One event in particular that really sticks out in my head was the assault on the Novy church by the Irish who absolutely murdered us and beat Mia pretty badly. It was the first real firefight I had ever seen and been in and ooc I was very nervous.

~ Do you have a video of your favorite roleplay moment you would like to share with us? ~

This video is pretty long but I think you can jump to the end to watch me get saved. Basically I was in hiding and on the run because I was with the Family and people hated them. I got caught and tried to lie. The person traveling with me left and I thought I was alone and about to get executed but Abroon or Warmachine pulled through and saved the day. https://www.twitch.tv/stage53/v/3957860

~ Do you have a video of your favorite funny moment ingame you would like to share with us? ~

I got stuck on a roof somehow and didn't know how to get down. The guy was clueless but attempted to help me and overally I found the situation pretty funny.https://www.twitch.tv/stage53/v/3807663

~ What do you think someone should at least do once while playing DayZRP (funny and serious and of course within the rules) ~

I think everyone should join a group. It's a great way to make friends and have goals for you to try and achieve daily whether it be saving everyone or killing everyone. Having like minded friends and something to guide your RP is great.

~ If you could meet one roleplay character you have met ingame in RL, who it would and why? ~

Probably Johnny Denver. He'd definitely be fun to party with and anyone who knows me knows I like to party. Plus he could probably sweet talk just about anyone for me

~ Ingame, what is your favorite location to hang out? ~

Mia was marked by the Family in Stary and they lived in Novy. After that she was dating a man named Dima from the Vybor Street Rats. Both Novy and Vybor feel like home and she enjoys hanging out there.

~ What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? ~

Honestly the people. Mostly everyone I've met has been insanely nice, even the bad guys, and I've enjoyed my time talking to them ooc. Everyone is so different and from so many different countries it's fun to be able to interact with them all plus I really like listening to their accents.

~ Is there anything you regret IC and OOC, since you have joined DayZRP (if yes, what and why?) ~

Ummm that's a hard one. IC Mia has regretted a lot. I was actively trying to avoid the Family when I rolled Mia because my last character permaed because of them but of course they were the first people who found me. OOC I don't regret it at all anymore because while working with them arguably has ruined her life and has made her the unluckiest person in Chenarus it's shaped who she is and has given me amazing RP.

~ Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers? ~

Read the reports so you don't make other people's mistakes. Don't play a crazy, drunk, high, or cannibal character right off the bat. Sure it might seem original or cool but it's not. It's overly done, hard to get right without being obnoxious or trolly, and a lot of people just don't enjoy it. Also don't go around torturing for no reason as hostile RP is hard and should be reserved for times where there's meaning behind it imo. Let yourself get taken a few times and observe others before you try it yourself.

~ Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community? ~

I'd like to see more people muting TS and rping within their groups or just turning it off in general. It's always been surprising to me how many people tell me their group doesn't RP together only with other people. Muting TS forces you to talk and it's actually nice to get to know each others characters.

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

Great interview Mia! Hope our horrible OOC conversations haven't scared you away from TS <3

Last two questions are the same by the way Vector (:

Great interview Mia! Hope our horrible OOC conversations haven't scared you away from TS <3

Last two questions are the same by the way Vector (:

I have been failed by Oliv's file again !

It's interesting to see we have a mini hero on our hands here, saving lives like it's no big thing. In regards to new players being the over the top crazies we normally see sadly there is not much else we could put into place, it would be nice if they read some guides but oh well. 

Thank you for the interview Stage53

I don't know if you remember, but when me and some friends met you in Pustoshka, we gave you away to Container 21. You were so scared. It was like something from a movie. You were yelling and screaming, it was golden.

Good interview. Keep saving lives! :D

Roach    1517

Great interview Mia :)

I totally agree with the TS thing too. But alas, it is what it is :(

Ramon    331

Nice interview, thanks for sharing ;)

Keira    1007

Thanks for the interview Mia! Mute TS and focus on RP, I couldn't agree more.

Dishes    159

Great interview Mia! <3

And yeah agree 100% with the TS thing ^-^

Soul Cleanser indeed!

Nice interview, and glad to be apart of your memorable days here in RP

SatansNightOut    105

Good read! It's nice to see you're still hanging around, Stage. <3

I'd give you Beanz but I know you prefer this

dayz-disinfectant-spray-228x300.jpg

Majoo    642

Nice interview... :)

Terpentino    9

Nice interview :)

''I've saved 123 people from drowning to date. I've also had to perform cpr a couple of times and can teach and certify people!''

That is pretty god damn impressive!

Alot of respect for you already in the first comment and it does not decline over the rest of the answers.

PS. I know CPR myself but have never used it and hopefully never find myself in a situation were it is required because I am afraid to have forgotten vital parts of it or just panic in total(time to get it refreshed perhaps hehe).