Server time: 2017-08-19, 05:47

Sign in to follow this  

First person server?

Hey i think we should dedicate one server to first person only. There are tons of reasons why i think it would be a great addition. First of all we wouldn't have any third person abusers... The guys who scope out people using third person mechanics while hiding behind a wall... The guy who is hiding behind a door and shoots when you peak your head due to third person... Or the peolpe who have conversations in third person and you end up talking to a fore head. And imo the most important reason is immersion. When you are in first person you are more immersed then third and can really improve your entire role play experience. It is a rule no abusing game mechanics yet i see tons of people veterans and new players a like abusing third person all the time. 

So thats my suggestion adding a first person server or dedicating a current one to first person so roleplay, combat and immersion can all be drastically increased,

Felli    65

I know you are new here, but we have already had that and it didn't work out. Not many used the server.

Ramon    331

I know you are new here, but we have already had that and it didn't work out. Not many used the server.

And seeing that S4 will be gone soon, I don't think the first person server will be popular under the members...

For me it's a no. If you want to have first person you can always just click on enter...

Another one?

No, we've had it plenty of times before, even recently. Didn't work. Noooooo.

Hey i think we should dedicate one server to first person only. There are tons of reasons why i think it would be a great addition. First of all we wouldn't have any third person abusers... The guys who scope out people using third person mechanics while hiding behind a wall... The guy who is hiding behind a door and shoots when you peak your head due to third person... Or the peolpe who have conversations in third person and you end up talking to a fore head. And imo the most important reason is immersion. When you are in first person you are more immersed then third and can really improve your entire role play experience. It is a rule no abusing game mechanics yet i see tons of people veterans and new players a like abusing third person all the time. 

So thats my suggestion adding a first person server or dedicating a current one to first person so roleplay, combat and immersion can all be drastically increased,

Something I've noticed with multiplayer games and servers is that creating a dedicated server for 1 particular play style or rule usually end in one of three possible outcomes. 

Example

You have one server, S1 with about 80/100 people on average if you add a second server for a particular play style (1st person only for example)

1. People will split between the two, the 1st person only people and 1st/3rd person people, so then you have two servers not even half full, S1 40/10, S2 40/100 (Often not a 50/50 split, but you get what I mean)

or

2. People don't like the idea of the second server, thus don't play on it. S1 70/100, S2 10/100.

or finally

3. This is only the case if S1 is 100/100 during peak times, you introduce S2 with 1st person only and that gets populated (say 60/100), not because there was a high demand for a 1st person server. It's just because there was enough players wanting on, and they were willing to put up with 1st person only, just so they can get on a server.

Much like with me in Euro Truck Simulator 2 MP. I only play on the Speed Limited servers if the Non-Limited servers are full.

tl;dr no point in adding new servers if you're not filling up your existing ones.

Well then i think we should do first person only tbh because its more immersive and you can't abuse game mechanics. Seems like for a roleplay server theres no need for third person.

Nihoolious    1106

Not enough people like it and the people that do are a very small minority to the point where the server wouldn't even be half full at peak times. There is a history of this being the case for years and given that S4 is being removed due to a low player count adding in a first person server is an even less appealing idea right now.

xMarrk    7

No from me.

I agree with the notion that SOME people do abuse third person perspective, but that really only counts for the PvP situations; personally I like seeing my character's actions and stuff; I appreciate the game and its beauty that way.

And imo the most important reason is immersion. When you are in first person you are more immersed then third and can really improve your entire role play experience.

Eh its kind of Subjective that first person is more immersive to be honest I can be fully immersed in either camera mode. I think what we have now (the option to pick) will always be the best choice. The little things like peaking over walls or around corners are very minor in the grand scheme of RP.

Everything above. Plus I hate listening to the characters heavy breathing...

Yeh, we had one a while back and everyone tended to avoid it and use the regular servers.

Razareth    213

Although first person view is more "realistic" and how you say "immersive".

I wouldn't play on it. The reason I skipped DayZ Mod and now enjoying DayZ Standalone is the character customization.

I like looking at my character, seeing them grow into the person I want them to be. Sure you can look at them in the inventory screen as well, but I feel that is not the same as seeing them in the "wild".

I'm saying nope to this.

Sorry friend.

Nah m8. This has been suggested so many times. It was attempted many times too. It just isn't that popular. People don't like being restricted from options that are available. Also, that annoying breathing.

I remember we had a first person only server, and nobody used it.

Waste of money paying for something nobody wants, or needs.

Rose    141

This has been suggested so many times, I suggest you use the nifty search feature. Its been suggested before and shot down.

First person only servers were never very popular in the past, didn't ever play on it myself.

Killerwelden    153

I'd rather have a minecraftRP server, then first person. ;)

Hollows    410

There's no point in forcing everyone to use first person IMO. If you want it for your immersion purposes, then you stay in third person. But I enjoy third person because I like gawking at my character and for potential screen shots.

As for 'abusing' it by being able to see over walls without having to actually look and risk getting domed, that's just how the game is. I wish the rendering distance for the grass was more than 30m, because at nighttime when I'm in waist-high grass prone, I shouldn't have someone running right up to me to interact because they have hawkeye vision. I see where you're coming from, but it's been tried before and the first person server was one of the lowest populated, which is why we just restored everything back to first/third instead of a forced first. Wasted too much money running an empty server, unfortunately.

I don't agree with having a 1st person server. It doesn't really add anything to the RP in my opinion.

Also due to the past few updates, 3rd person isn't as easily abused.

Beni    680

First person just looks kinda boring anyway, can't see what you're wearing.... If it was more PVP than RP I'd understand, but nah fam.

SatansNightOut    105

Requesting OP to ask staff to close this. Pretty sure the search function is up and running if people want to discuss and explore this haphazard and unpopular suggestion.

Yep. Use the search function. We have a looooot of threads pertaining to this. We've had lot's of long discussion regarding it too. Your answers lie there.

/closed