Server time: 2017-10-19, 07:25
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
isocade

Question about Guide Necessity

Question

isocade    90

In the past on other communities I've made guides about pain roleplay, medical roleplay, armor functionality, firearms, and ammunition. I was thinking of making a couple guides since I have not much to do in-game at the moment. One guide will be about ammunition & firearm information and the roleplay involved in it, another guide will be about pain roleplay and the extensive lengths you can go to with it.

The question I have is; Are these guides necessary? Will people read them? Are they worthwhile investing in? 

The reason I ask is because the communities I've played in before, guides like this were necessary because people didn't understand things such as bullets and the effect they have on people when fired into them, guns and their functionalities and origins, as well as not knowing things like basic medical OOCly or how to properly write actions in response to being punched in the gut- Since the previous communities I've been involved in were ALL text-based rather than voice-based like DayZRP is.

6 answers to this question

Melvin    84

Hello isocade,

I remember that one of your guides were referenced in a report verdict so it is clear that it is being recognised, keep up the good work :).

For contextual knowledge, the best thread of last year was won by a person who detailed extensively on how to roleplay different mental illnesses. If my memory serve me correctly, it was Nochelus.  If you create a guide that most people find useful, like mine which gives quick rp tips and infomation to my readers, people would definitely go and read it. 

However, you should choose the topic of your guide wisely. There has been established guides on certain subjects already such as travelling lightweight by Noire, mental illnesses by Nochelus, taking people hostage by Echo and so on so forth. Be sure to read the forums and check before deciding on a topic to post.

Is this satisfactory for you, OP? :)

Ramon    360

Hi,

The Guides & Tutorials are very popular on this community ( at least in my mind ).

People often create and read the guides.

Before you make a guide I recommend you to take a look at the Spartan's Mega Guides & Tutorials Thread.

A lot of guides & tutorials have been made already, so check if there is still not yet one of what you are planning to make.

I hope this answer will help you... ;)

isocade    90

Hello isocade,

I remember that one of your guides were referenced in a report verdict so it is clear that it is being recognised, keep up the good work :).

For contextual knowledge, the best thread of last year was won by a person who detailed extensively on how to roleplay different mental illnesses. If my memory serve me correctly, it was Nochelus.  If you create a guide that most people find useful, like mine which gives quick rp tips and infomation to my readers, people would definitely go and read it. 

However, you should choose the topic of your guide wisely. There has been established guides on certain subjects already such as travelling lightweight by Noire, mental illnesses by Nochelus, taking people hostage by Echo and so on so forth. Be sure to read the forums and check before deciding on a topic to post.

Hi,

The Guides & Tutorials are very popular on this community ( at least in my mind ).

Before you make a guide I recommend you to take a look at the Spartan's Mega Guides & Tutorials Thread.

A lot of guides & tutorials have been made already, so check if there is still not yet one of what you are planning to make.

Perfect. Quick responses too. That's all I need, thanks lads.

Sofie    0

The suggestions for guides that you are mentioning I think are very necessary. Similar guides have been made before, but we should always make new guides to improve and show other perspectives on topics.

I think that guides on how things work in the real world are just as important as guides about the game mechanics. This is a roleplay community and we should try and be as realistic as possible. I have made a guide on realistic use of medicine, and people seem to find it helpful. So go ahead.

Ramon    360

Hello isocade,

Hi,

Perfect. Quick responses too. That's all I need, thanks lads.

Your welcome!

Good luck with making one ;)

Guess this can be marked as /solved ?