Server time: 2017-10-21, 01:23
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
HiddenKaneki

The age limit.

Question

Hello, I would like to discuss the age limit, I'm 15 as you probably all know that is too young for the dayzrp server, but I would like to be allowed anyway, I'd be fine with any interview type thing as I think I am mature enough to play, thank you (also I would like to admit I tried to join by making another account just thought i'd put that out in the open cause honesty is the best policy) anyway thank you for taking the time to read this

15 answers to this question

Post    0

Hello, I would like to discuss the age limit, I'm 15 as you probably all know that is too young for the dayzrp server, but I would like to be allowed anyway, I'd be fine with any interview type thing as I think I am mature enough to play, thank you (also I would like to admit I tried to join by making another account just thought i'd put that out in the open cause honesty is the best policy) anyway thank you for taking the time to read this

That's a lot of interviews if staff allowed everyone underage to do that, and what you say in an interview and meeting is completely different how you act in game. You can have an outstanding attitude, deep voice, and be mature with an admin regarding your age, but that doesn't mean you're going to behave like that in the server. I think it is fine as is, apologies if that hinders you from joining for now.

Hebi Kotei    346

Hello HiddenKaneki,

The age limit is 16 and there are no exceptions to this rule, you are welcome to post a ban appeal, to appeal your underage blacklist, and whitelist when you are of age. You are welcome to browse the forums in the meantime.

With that being said I will /solve this now, don't be afraid to come onto our teamspeak and join the waiting for staff help channel if you need help in the future.

Okay, I turn 16 at the 26th of February (not sure if my steam lines up with that as) so what will happen when i turn 16, will my age automatically update or will I have to make a post on here saying I am 16 when the time comes

MapleMooses    0

Okay, I turn 16 at the 26th of February (not sure if my steam lines up with that as) so what will happen when i turn 16, will my age automatically update or will I have to make a post on here saying I am 16 when the time comes

You will have to show proof that you are of age.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-IMPORTANT-Creating-a-ban-appeal-Updated-11-06-2014

Otherwise - yes your profile keeps your DOB up to date.

Castiel    1124

You will have to create a Ban Appeal when you turn 16. During the ban appeal, you will prove your ID to the Admin team and if they are satisfied with your proof of age the blacklist will be lifted.

Sofie    0

Is there any way besides showing my ID as I would not be comrtable showing that

No. In the picture, you can mark over important information that the admin team does not need. You will be sending it to them privately and they will delete it afterwards. It is safe don't worry.

Hebi Kotei    346

Is there any way besides showing my ID as I would not be comrtable showing that

I'm afraid you would not be able to do that, the rules revolving the underage blacklist are there for a reason. However, you do not have to post it in your ban appeal you only have to send it to the email listed within the information regarding the blacklist below:

Underage blacklist:

If you have previously been blacklisted for being under the age of 16 and you are now 16 or older you can appeal the ban by providing proof of age. You need to submit the following two photos:

1. A picture of you, holding a legitimate ID card and a note saying "DayZRP - Forum name"

2. A close-up of your legitimate ID card with a photo and visible date of birth. You can blur out other sensitive information if you want to.

Send these two photos/scans to [email protected] . We guarantee confidentiality and will delete the email and its contents once verification is finished.

This is the ONLY way for you to get removed from the blacklist.

This is completely safe for you to send your information through and as Sofie suggested, you can black out information that the admin team does not have to know.

Karma    168

The age limit is in place for a reason, If anything it should be RAISED not lowered, and if they let one person in they then have to make exceptions for everyone which makes ALOT more work for the staff team.

Combat Logo    84

The age limit is in place for a reason, If anything it should be RAISED not lowered, and if they let one person in they then have to make exceptions for everyone which makes ALOT more work for the staff team.

I agree with this, for the most part. As far as raising it, maybe a year or two, but that is if it NEEDS to be change. Overall, Rose stated it perfectly.

Valkerion    0

I always thought the age limit should be 18 honestly as we deal with some pretty mature and often adult themes here. I mean DayZ itself is a rated 18+ game.

Cory    0

I mean, I was 14 and played in the community underage two years. I don't see how age determines if a person is mature enough to follow the rules and basic community standards or not, I did just fine before I got perm banned for it. Just wait till your 16 though and then apply otherwise you'll get slam dunked for underage and perm banned like me.

Also I would just like to comment again because you had a concern about not wanting to send your ID once you turn of age because it would make you uncomfortable or what not. From personal experience I can tell you now that it's perfectly safe and such. You just cross out any information other than your name and D.O.B. It's simple and safe.

Karolis    0

I always thought the age limit should be 18 honestly as we deal with some pretty mature and often adult themes here. I mean DayZ itself is a rated 18+ game.

Have to agree on that. When people joined my group who were 16 or LESS. They were trolling or had no clue what to do. I had to kick them. Dayz is an 18+ game too. Even though I'm 17 (almost 18) I must agree on this.

Samaritan    346

I can agree that maturity is not defined by age but I would feel very uncomfortable RP'ing with someone who is under 16. Film, games etc. have age limits which is based on their content and I have to agree with Valk that I believe that the age limit should be 18 considering some of the content on the forum and in game. Age limit's are there for a reason to protect certain age's from seeing certain things. I'm not blinkered that under 16's watch and hear things that have older age limits (I was young once) but changing it to lower than it is would mean the community/owner(s) advocating under 16's RP'ing with some very adult themes.

To the OP, if you are mature enough then you should understand why the age limit is in place.