Server time: 2017-10-19, 18:24
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
CrescentGent

RX470 or GTX 960?

Question

Now, when you look at the title, i bet you're looking at it thinking "Why is he comparing a brand new card against an old card". The reason being for this is that i do not work which results in me asking parents for the money, my question is; should i get the RX 470 or GTX 960, with FPS estimations with the followings specs:

• AMD A8-6600K CPU.
  • F2A58M-HD2 Motherboard.

I know that these are pretty shitty parts but is all i can afford until i move out and start making my own moneyz. Is the RX 470 compatible with such components is also another question. 

Sorry for so many inquiries and i know that i've made similar threads in the past regarding a graphics card. Any help is appreciated!

8 answers to this question

Deegan    162

GTX 960

Ark    229

If your asking your parents for money go for whatever one your household can afford at the moment. As for if its compatible I'll leave that for someone more techie

Mental    0

I have a GTX 960, got no issues with it. Shadowplay compatible, performs well, only thing I would suggest is dont cheap out on the VRAM. My card hates arma 3 :(

Chance    48

The GTX is my personal preference. However, if it is coming out of your parents pocket, go with the option they can afford!

Hicks    56

The RX470 is a much newer card than the GTX960 and has double the memory of the GTX960. If you want to most performance for your money it's definitely the way to go. Having a Nvidia card has some advantages however like being able to uses shadow play and such but the RX470 is a lot more superior in my opinion.

Chow    45

Neither of them.

Buy the 1060 or the 1070.

Saving up for one of those with the Pascal arcitechture is worth it all the way.

Those cards are way faster.

Also, since this question will be more like opinions on what to buy i suggest creating a opinions thread in the Off-Topic section of the forums. Seeing as this is more about what to buy rather than DayZ or DayZRP.

/Solved