Server time: 2017-11-18, 02:46

Sign in to follow this  
Credidred

Change Of Seasons In DayZ : This would be awesome to RP out

Hey There all. Just brought out a new video about having seasons in DayZ. Either this survival game or the  next, I reckon this community will have to play this out one day. Good times ahead. 

[video=youtube]

If done properly it would be awesome, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

This would be really cool. Hopefully, one day!

Oh my god I love this! I don't mind colourful happy seasons. I will make all the zombies flowers garlands <3

To me, for this to be a proper survival game, surviving against nature (in coming wolves) and the elements is vital. I should have to just survive the human element of things.

Why don't they just import some of the maps from A2 that have different seasons?

Like, Namalsk?

I already RP it out when it is summer or spring...

But this looks great, I really hope the Dev's are going to do something like this!

Nice video :D

RPing seasons in-game would be sweet, and I can't wait until different weather effects and snow and shit come into the game. (6 years later...)

RPing seasons in-game would be sweet, and I can't wait until different weather effects and snow and shit come into the game. (6 years later...)

Unfortunately probably so.

Definitely something I want. Even if BI doesn't put it in, modders can achieve a simple effect with some particle effects and some Post-Processing filters. It might not be exactly what we want, but it would be a start and In-game temperature already changes with the seasons.

It would make clothing choices interesting

When it starts to snow, I'll keep the fire stoked for you all. ;)

Seriously, seasons would be amazing. I imagine each season spanning a couple real world days, or even an entire week for each season.

You actually could already be like: wow, that sure is a warm summer. At least i pretend like it. ^^

But theres only so you can stretch with pretend.

You actually could already be like: wow, that sure is a warm summer. At least i pretend like it. ^^

But theres only so you can stretch with pretend.

Sorry again: 

But theres only so much you can stretch with pretend

Brian Hicks has mentioned in a Q&A that Bohemia has promised at a minimum, five years of development after the 1.0 release of DayZ. This time is used of course patching the bugs and making minor updates, but also making DLCs. I could easily see them working for a year on retexturing all the objects to accomplish multiple seasons and putting that up as a DLC.

(Source where Hicks says that the CEO has promised them at least five years of development:

Around 1:00:20)

SEASONNSS!!!

If the section of the dev team working on the graphical parts of the engine continue to output renderer tech, it could be a possibility soon than we'd expect. It's an extreme amount of work to implement realistic season as Cred says in his video, so I wouldn't expect it soon-soon, tho.

They did however talk briefly on seasons when addressing the hyperthermia bug, so seasons are probably something they eventually want to do.

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't actually believe that seasons will be implemented in DayZ. Feels like it'd be too much work for them and seeing how fast the current development is I doubt that we will see seasons any time soon if ever. Maybe it's just me but I just don't think it's ever going to happen.