Server time: 2017-10-18, 16:40
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Oliv

Interview with staff: Fox

Oliv    1876

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the

community together. And, it's been working awesome. One week we get to learn about some one who has been here for years, the next some one recent to the community.

But what about those that conduct the interviews? What about those that answer your questions? Those that work tirelessly out of sheer love and joy?

During this interview we will ask a member of your STAFF some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This time we get to learn about:

Fox

Thank you so much for participating!

~ Tell us something unique about yourself! ~

First of all good evening to y'all.

I guess my interest in and knowledge about Russian/Slavic culture and history is one of the most unique things about me. It even made me start to learn speaking Russian, which sparked my interest in languages in general. It's quite fascinating to me how different cultures developed different ways to structure a language and to communicate with each other. Other than that, I love to travel a lot, which is also backed up by my current job which makes me visit different cities and sometimes even countries every week. I'm a very self-reflecting person and I have also been told that I am the most non-German German around here. So there's that.

~ Which section in the Forum are the you most interested in and why? ~

Naturally, as a loremaster, the Lore and Stories section. I find it incredible how people can come up with certain stories and if that's paired with great writing skills I'm sold. I love reading stories and if those stories are about the struggle in life during a zombie apocalypse that's even better.

Besides Lore and Stories General Discussion is one of the most interesting as it is the main sub forum of this community.

~ How did you find out about DayZRP? ~

Like many other 2013ers I first found out about DayZRP via PsiSyndicate's ""Finding Pandi"" series on YouTube. At the time the server I usually played on was shut down and I was looking for a DayZ mod server with people that would actually interact with each other. I stumbled across the series on YouTube and joined on the 26th of July.

~ Have you made any friends during your time in this community? ~

Oh boy, here we go...

Yes I have.  I do consider quite a lot of people friends. ""friend"" is a pretty broad term for me, so I guess some people might be surprised about being mentioned here. I'll try to go for chronological order.

Anyways, Dr. Osaka, Dax, Jarvis Seistt, Derek Steel, Zizoor, Alsatian, Riggs, Carib, Semiazas, Graffels, Deadkiller, Matt, Spooner, Husky, Terra, Dr Brandon, Masulii, Valkerion, Vector, Likurja & neom (o7), Smith, Miles, DinoB, Gikkel, Besphynx, Uriki, Monty, Pringles, Species, DarkStyle, Tomeran, Winged Ninja, Tamaster, Chris, Voedric, Mace, Seamus, PalmtreeWhale, Nicholas, Frozen, Moxy, RedDeadFamas, PandoraX3M, Jimmy, Sin, Hofer, Rampage, Staggs, uSx, Shark, MissChalice, Aiko, Coreena, Roman, Jannik, Fafnir, Nilin, Lucius, Oceco Otto, Hatch, Pat, Chinchilla, Clumsy, Frosty, Galland, Sasha, Neszy, Teazy, Conor, Echo, Jm von Cat, Flashcrack, Ghoozberg, Keira, Hassan, Ellie, Voodoo, Clapton, Naz, Vasily Mally, RedSky, Red, Autumn, Storm, Ark, Silas, Andrey, Fluffles, Phoenix, Post, Kevin  and pretty much all of current staff. I hope I got all of them.

~ Is there something that you would like to see added to our community? ~

A community memes thread. And more forum based role play. The radio threads are a good start but I think we can expand on that. We could open up sub forums for different locations around the world, give people a setting of the scenario and let them play out via forum posts. If we call ourselves a  ""mature role playing community"" and take us serious with that statement, forum based role play should have a bigger presence.

~ What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences? ~

My days in NVF when we met up with CLF to hunt down other hostile groups or the IC training session we had in the group. The session we had in the group New Dawn, the sessions I had with the jackals & co. and all that followed out of these and the maneuvers and operations we pulled of in the DKZ. However, probably the most memorable was when we made Poppy overcome her fear of the dark at Prud lake. Definitely one of the most touching and emotional moments I had in my time here.

~ Do you have a video of your favorite roleplay moment you would like to share with us? ~

I unfortunately don't have a recording of any.

~ Do you have a video of your favorite funny moment ingame you would like to share with us? ~

There's a lot of moments from my Free Medic days that would easily take this spot but I didn't record sessions back then. This one's still pretty good.

[video=youtube]

~ What do you think someone should at least do once while playing DayZRP (funny and serious and of course within the rules) ~

Create a new character and make him or her a silly or funny twist. Give them something dodgy about them but play them like they are the friendliest person in the world. Those characters are the most enjoyable to encounter as they are just fun to be around. It's a change compared to all the serious and depressed survivor characters you meet nowadays and can make a session very memorable.

I very briefly played a doctor that was half way serious, half way ridiculous. One the one hand he had knowledge about medical issue from A to Z, on the other hand he tried to sell morphine and other addictive substances to anybody in any situation he'd met. He even ran after people trying to get their attention and to sell them some stuff on the low.

Definitely something I can recommend to everybody that plays here.

~ If you could meet one roleplay character you have met ingame in RL, who it would and why? ~

There's a bunch, Lilly Winters, just to see how really fucked up her mind is. Niko Stroganov because he's one of the funniest characters I've met so far, Arek Romanov to hear his great voice, Richard Quaid, because who wouldn't want to meet the infamous Doctor Quaid.

~ Ingame, what is your favorite location to hang out? ~

It used to be Black Lake, during the mod days I had my bases up there on public servers and in game it became a place where a lot of big IC events have happened for my characters. I really enjoy the new coast with the fog and it's updated cities quite a lot nowadays, unfortunately there's not a lot of people around in that area.

~ What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? ~

The people. Definitely the community members. There's so much diversity in this community, it's incredible. So many people from so many countries and we all manage to get along with each other, more or less. Especially in a time like this, where global tension and hatred are rising.

~ Is there anything you regret IC and OOC, since you have joined DayZRP (if yes, what and why?) ~

I definitely regret perma-deathing my most played character Dave Winter and then regretting it a few days later and bringing him back. The repercussions from the ""fake death"" - that's how I RP'ed out the presumed perma - were quite large and quite role play changing for me. More or less completely separating myself from my former RP group and joining another social group. But I don't really regret it. The situation pushed for so much character development like I've never experienced so far. Story lines crossed and splitted, etc. I wouldn't say it was my best choice and I'd rather have it undone, but that was quite a long time ago and I have learned to accept and appreciate it.

~ Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers? ~

Do not go for the most complex character when you first start, especially when you just started role playing. Base a character on yourself, maybe a bit older, a tiny few differences here and there just so you can get a feel for interacting with people. You won't need to worry about ""oh, how would my character react to that"", instead you can just do what you yourself would do in that situation. It keeps RP fluent and enjoyable. Gather experience that way and learn from others. Also try to stick with one character. This way you can develop lasting stories which will make your overall experience on the servers better.

~ Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community? ~

A less serious and more casual approach on role play. I don't mean that nobody should properly roleplay, but something that made me stay here when I first joined were the funny characters that made you laugh OOCly but kept you confused IC. Of course realism is still our main focus, but a tiny twist on reality is sometimes needed. I mean, we got zombies after all.

~ How long have you been in staff and what made you want to join? ~

I've been a Loremaster since 18th June and it has been a dream to me for quite a long time, I first mentioned it in this thread back in 2014. I discovered my love for writing and imagining stories, groups and characters when I made my first group the New Volgograd Federation. Ever since then I've been very interested in helping people out with their stories and creating my own, too. Most recently the Red Federation is one of my personal works, which I really enjoy working on along with other people.

What most people probably don't know is that I've been a Moderator back in spring 2015. Back then I joined because I wanted to make the place I spend a lot of time in better and more enjoyable for everybody. And why not join staff then? I generally enjoy helping people out. And even today I'm still baffled when I go through old PMs only to realize that current GMs and other great community members have received help from me with their applications during my CH time. Back then I had to focus on my graduation and decided to quit staff for the time.

~ If you had to choose someone else’s character to be in game, who would it be and why? ~

Tough one. There's a bunch of characters who have a lot of influence in game right now. Mostly group leaders of course. But I'd probably go for Arek Romanov. I heard his bad assery is known to lands even far away from South Zagoria.

~ If you could choose one person to KOS and bullshit the logs to make it look like someone else did it, who would you KOS? Who would you blame it on? ~

Definitely KoS Keira and I'd blame it on Aiko, because she keeps blaming me for all kinds of things that have happened for more than a year now.

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

Melvin    84

Great interview and an interesting series. Looking forward to more. :)

Sofie    0

~ Is there anything you regret IC and OOC, since you have joined DayZRP (if yes, what and why?) ~

Not adding Sofie to my friends list.

Fixed.

Another interview with a great staff member. Keep up your great work German.

Terra    1449

Video is private?

Deegan    162

Video is private?

its because he doesn't want you to see it *Mumbles* It might be a rule break :P

Majoo    742

Nice interview Fox :)

Aiko    646

D: But I <3 Keira! I would never KOS her! Good Interview Foxxxxxyy!

Vector    0

Great interview Orca , I must say I've always seen myself as a low key roleplayer so to see you big up Arek Romanov it the way you have gives me great joy and a realisation that maybe there is still a place for him in this apocalypse.

I cannot agree more with you in the sense that there does need to be some humour brought back onto the servers. We are long past the days of CLF, BHM and The imperial doragonzu. However it would be nice to see some of their comedic ways on the standalone era of this community. 

I would like to see some recordings from you in the near future so maybe that is something you can start thinking about or possibly even a random stream from time to time, just so we can all see what really goes on with the biggest male e-whore on our servers.

Autumn    127

Great interview. Good to know I'm a friend! *fingerguns*

Aiko    646

Can you stop KOSing people please? Thanks.

D: But I am a sweet heart! I also love Keira so that isn't possible! Lies!

Also, I keep forgetting about my fan. That was a interesting day, and I will say Lilly's mind is totally fucked. xD

Defiance    96

I really enjoyed this interview, and I really like the idea of interviewing staff members.

You said you played a session with the Jackals? I either don't remember you, or I wasn't there. Glad you enjoyed it.

Keira    1448

D: But I <3 Keira! I would never KOS her! Good Interview Foxxxxxyy!

Keiko Aira forever <3

"Definitely KoS Keira and I'd blame it on Aiko"

Wauuuuuw Fox. I'm watching you... nice interview btw.

Dave Winter is a douche, POOR LILY WINTERS. It's okay, Scarlet broke his heart for Lily BECAUSE AIKO WILL ALWAYS LOVE ME <3

and she would never KOS me!!!